Nichiasa Suki no Otaku ga Akuyaku Seito ni Tenseishita Kekka, Hametsu Flag ga Houkaishiteiku Ken ni Tsuite - Ch. 6 - Yuugo VS Spider Monster

Dex-chan lover
Huh. Thought it was just me who thought the art turned super amateurish all of the sudden.

Dex-chan lover
I was like "What do you mean?" then reading trough it again, You're absolutely right.
There's no sense of direction(?), no sense of physical space, and most of the panels are just attack and attack.
I think it's trying to convey the weird fighting style of the ranger hero shows? Idk how to describe it but it's explosive, performative and a bit all over the place, which is exactly how this chapter felt to me.

anw, thanks for the chapter!

Last edited:
Supporter
I take back what I said last chapter. Marcos is an idiot and would have deserved getting killed here twice over.

Aggregator gang
Very disorienting fights, hopefully they improve quickly, cuz this will obviously be a combat heavy story

Dex-chan lover
i got my rider kick but at what cost..
those angles and panels are confusing af..
:notlikethis:

He actually took her magical power as his own, author did complain about how it hard to convey that in Manga format. His body also emit purple lighting when doing so.
the battle part in WN format also feel longer.
sounds like an excuse to me if im being honest..
i've seen mangas did this in a not so confusing way..
he could've added 1 more pg or so if he wanted to convey that..
or he could've just made the dagger on his feet like Hwang of SC6 or something..
its still "using her magic power to defeat the boss kamen rider style"..

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The action scenes definitely need work. Even his first fight, it was rather awkward. It could just be that the artist has trouble with drawing action scenes.

Dex-chan lover
I thought i was the only one. Everything felt incredibly cramped and confusing, like a badly edited TV fight scene. I hope this action-focused series won't have such shody choreography as a mainstay.
I was like "What do you mean?" then reading trough it again, You're absolutely right.
There's no sense of direction(?), no sense of physical space, and most of the panels are just attack and attack.

Dex-chan lover
Just throw in a thought bubble like, "by converting the knifes magic energy leads too," and then showing the final attack panel with lightning blaster and then you have it explained quick and easy right?

Dex-chan lover
I acknowledge that the fight scene was... lacking, to be polite, but part of the charm of Toku stuff is that it's nonsensical and stupid. I can handle it being janky because jank is what makes Toku great.

Dex-chan lover
Not sure which one more creepy, man spider, goblin spider, or spider human.

Spider walk from "America's Got Talent 7 (2018)"

Double-page supporter
Honestly, I'd say the art in general took a hit in this chapter. All three human characters look dopey and have some weird expression at points, and sometimes their general physique in body and/or facial region seem so... squashed, I guess to put it? I'm seriously wondering what had happened cause the previous chapters kept the Toku frantic nature without looking like a mess. Hoping this is just a slight hiccup.

Users who are viewing this thread