Nihonkoku Shoukan - Vol. 8 Ch. 39 - Japan's True Identity

Dex-chan lover
The poses this chapter are something else. If not suspect.😂

Dex-chan lover
I am by no stretch have any real experience in the arts of war, only the basics. What I know, if you are dealing with an unknown nation, you don't blindly aggravate the nation without knowing what the nation is capable of in terms of means of retaliation, be it politically or i terms of weaponry. It's the height of foolishness and arrogance to do so. They received reports and hearsay from various sources, but just plainly ignored it believing it to be the raving of fools or that MU was secretly behind this.

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
Hey guys what do you think a mixed munitions B-52 Stratofortress's stando poweru is?

Dex-chan lover
I am by no stretch have any real experience in the arts of war, only the basics. What I know, if you are dealing with an unknown nation, you don't blindly aggravate the nation without knowing what the nation is capable of in terms of means of retaliation, be it politically or i terms of weaponry. It's the height of foolishness and arrogance to do so. They received reports and hearsay from various sources, but just plainly ignored it believing it to be the raving of fools or that MU was secretly behind this.
Don't worry the author doesn't either, that's why this manga doesn't make any sense.

Dex-chan lover
even after being given the information on how OP Japan is and even having a stronger nation saying Japan is stronger then them these guys still think they can win...
I mean, it is never impossible to win in a war, just that it is impossible if they fought conventionally. Asymmetrical Warfare is their only choice at this point, or surrender.

Double-page supporter
The author is trying his best to make it seem like the empire is Japan during ww2, fighting a losing battle against a technologically superior enemy
The funniest shit is that emperor has the balls to think his oh-so-glorius capital has ANY chance in this battle. Like... Japan could use literally 1 nuke and the entire nation would be vaporized.

Banned
I wonder how much more fucked up the villainous nations in this world would be if its not a regular Japan that was summoned? Like, what if its a Japan that regularly fights Godzilla, kaijus and aliens for a few decades? The Japan that regularly doing RND into borderline/outright scifi weaponry to kill King of the Monster? Yes, these weapons sometime were not very effective against Goji, but against non-kaiju targets? Ooh boy.
Or what if its a version of Japan that regularly have multiple teams of Sentai/Power Ranger esque teams?

Dex-chan lover
As far as common sense in this new world goes, the area Japan is in right now, the 3rd Civ Zone, has no "advanced" nations and are primitive. So it's not too far fetched for fantasy Imperial France to just assume Japan is some dirty backwater.

Dex-chan lover
Japan: "So in order to strike these targets, we're going to load up a P-3 Orion, because it's the only aircraft that has the range to do so, with bombs. Which ours were never meant or configured to do, and even with countries that did do it, like America, it was only an after-thought and never meant to be really used."

[MEANWHILE UNITED STATES FORCES JAPAN IS SITTING THERE WITH TANKERS AND AIRCRAFT CAPABLE OF STRIKING THE TARGETS WITH PRECISION GUIDED WEAPONS]

Seriously, just ask the Americans. They're there. They have the equipment and weapons. The P-3 was never meant to do serious bombing. It was meant to drop sea mines, torpedoes, that kind of thing. Where you don't... exactly need incredible precision.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder how much more fucked up the villainous nations in this world would be if its not a regular Japan that was summoned? Like, what if its a Japan that regularly fights Godzilla, kaijus and aliens for a few decades? The Japan that regularly doing RND into borderline/outright scifi weaponry to kill King of the Monster? Yes, these weapons sometime were not very effective against Goji, but against non-kaiju targets? Ooh boy.
Or what if its a version of Japan that regularly have multiple teams of Sentai/Power Ranger esque teams?

I don't think much would be different. Even a Japan from the 1960s would have enough technology and firepower to utterly curb-stomp any civilization on the planet in this case.

...What would be MUCH worse for these countries, like Parpaldia, is if Japan had more... imperialistic... tendencies that weren't lost after the defeat in 2nd World War AND had modern technology.

Once you get to a certain technological point, curb-stomping is just curb-stomping. The thing is that Japan doesn't want to curb-stomp. Be afraid of Japan, or any country really, that has the technology and WANTS to curb-stomp. That's what would be frightening.

Dex-chan lover
After the emperor's talk about the capital not falling, I wanna see it get nuked. I know Japan has outlawed nukes so they likely won't have any, but, still hoping on it.
Anyone who read the source know what happened to the US Forces stationed in Japan when they got isekai'd?

Thanks for the TL

Dex-chan lover
Anyone who read the source know what happened to the US Forces stationed in Japan when they got isekai'd?

Author of the novel said, basically, "They're there. They exist. They were teleported alongside Japan. But ignore them, I'm only focusing on Japan. They're probably just advising Japan." (Paraphrasing here, but that's about right)

Which... I mean... I agree that this should have a Japan-central focus... But the United States Forces Japan are there to assist in Japan's defense. And would want to do so... HAVE to do so in this case. So them sitting there literally doing absolutely nothing and letting their ships just... rust in port.

Fed-Kun's army
Author of the novel said, basically, "They're there. They exist. They were teleported alongside Japan. But ignore them, I'm only focusing on Japan. They're probably just advising Japan." (Paraphrasing here, but that's about right)

Which... I mean... I agree that this should have a Japan-central focus... But the United States Forces Japan are there to assist in Japan's defense. And would want to do so... HAVE to do so in this case. So them sitting there literally doing absolutely nothing and letting their ships just... rust in port.
i guess there's really nothing they can do... At some point they will have to accept that there's no come back and be assimilated into japan or just stay loyal to the US

Reactions: le3

Users who are viewing this thread