Nihonkoku Shoukan

Contributor
@Ironclad:

Why? Currently, Japan imports literally most of it's food. (See for instance this newspaper article, which begins,
The government’s new target of raising Japan’s self-sufficiency in food to 45 percent in 10 years — compared with the previous target of 50 percent — may be more plausible because it’s closer to reality.

Furthermore, as a nation I believe they're pretty conscious of this fact (as the existence of the above snippet hints) so it makes perfect sense to me that it would be at the top of the national agenda in this instance.

And it's a pretty legitimate concern. Going to half-rations is already pretty serious business—Japan doesn't overeat much in the first place, I think—but agricultural yields could drop significantly if the modern farming equipment starts to fail and stocks of certain agricultural supplies go down. It's not as simple as just planting more fields; not when you've got 120 million people to feed.

(And yeah, that brings some focus back to figuring out the machinery and industrial supply problems, but opting to grab some stuff from your medieval neighbors instead seems reasonable. What isn't reasonable is... well, I already went into that.)

Dex-chan lover
@Pokari All true but in terms of arable land and having an agricultural society advanced enough modern farming practices, they are capable of becoming self-sufficient with no land acquisition. It's not like China or India where farmers are still stuck in the feudal age and a single drought will cripple them.

Ohh great japan comes save the day.
All noble like xD.

Not like they would go conquer the whole world with ther superior warmachinery xD.

Dex-chan lover
3 years later a rift appears in spaceand our world reclaims Japan
They will not create the anime outbreak and disappear before completing One Piece.

Double-page supporter
Even when i have read the comments on this i still get the feeling to say this but.

Holy fuck this is miles worse than GATE, even if GATE(manga) wasn't that perfect to begin with.

I hate reading stories like this, not because of the content, but because of who is writing it. It screams of Japanese atrocities that they refuse never happened but the rest of the world knows did.

@randomizer Actually, don't Japan got American military base in Okinawa as well? What happened to those poor yanks dragged into this mess?

It's actually might be interesting if this issue is addressed in the later chapters.

Users who are viewing this thread