Nihonkoku Shoukan

Dex-chan lover
why isekai just one person if you can isekai a whole country..
it looks good the concept is good.. but.. it feels like it's GATE all over again.. but kinda worst..
PS: the realism that GATE(manga) has is in here too.. which i like.. but then again.. it fells like copy-paste GATE..

Fed-Kun's army
Great, we got a translator that's modifying/leaving out content in the name of censorship because he didn't like the content!

As for atrocities, that's perfectly normal and as for japan they're no more guilty of such things than the US for example, if you think otherwise then you really haven't bothered keeping track of just what the US forces have been up to.
There's no such thing as a good side in war, if talking about rapefests then the US forces had some great ones in both germany and japan after the war, and while I don't know how long ago the japs started I do know it's been pretty much a western tradition in war since the dawn of time, it's probably just as old elsewhere in the world too.

Something I do like about japan however is that lately they'll constantly bring such subjects up and make people think of what such things mean to the victims, but that's likely because they're both fairly recent victims themselves while also having a booming industry when it comes to written/drawn works.

Noone's saying that the japs never did such things themselves in the past, what's annoying however would be the morons that try act as if it's something only the japs did when just about every victor have been doing such things throughout history.

Double-page supporter
@elfalas There is no content removed, as far as I know. I read the raw and all the pages are here.

Also, wtf. It started family friendly, and then boom, Goblin Slayer level.

Fed-Kun's army
This got very dark extremely fast, was there any sign of this in the earlier chapters? This premise was really good but i don't think i can stomach the amount of gratuitous rape and torture. Can someone add the sexual violence tag?

@elfalas
Yes, the west did commit atrocities... except they were isolated instances committed by individuals and not nations. Japan had a systematic effort to kill all men and the women faired far worse. This wasn't just one or two or even a couple hundred instances, this was their entire armed fighting in Asian killing an estimated 250k, raping 100k women (many not even old enough to be considered a woman) and pillaging the entire region. This is why Japan is universally despised in Asia and even to this day, they still deny it completely.

Group Leader
I hate the art with the vengeance of three billion elves, but the story isn't bad.... so I guess I'll keep reading it...

I can't help but imagine a announcer for some monster truck rally just screaming "THE BIGGEST FUCKING TRUCK YOU'VE EVER SEEN" moments before japan got isekai'd

Contributor
@elfalas:

While Japan probably does come out worse on the moral scales during WWII than most of the allied powers, the same can't be said for our own periods of expansion (which is what Japan was trying to do, after all)—consider for instance the atrocities the U.S. of A. committed when expanding westward across the N.A. continent. Wherever you go, humans are humans, and we have good days and bad days.

More interesting to me is the role the U.S. may have played in producing the Japanese attitude of just "forgetting" everything that happened in WWII. During occupation the U.S. basically banned any mention of WWII from film, publications, etc. because they were concerned about people getting riled up (the fervor of Japanese nationalism had left quite an impression during the war, after all), so I do often wonder if the U.S. actually unwittingly encouraged the Japanese "selective memory" of what happened in the war. (Not that burying and denying our misdeeds isn't something we all try to do anyway)

Well, this story does reek way too much of the idea of Japanese "exceptionalism" so far, though.

Dex-chan lover
Great. Itami doesn't have to worry about getting stuck on the other side now. He can simply take a boat to get across.

Have to agree this is basically a rehash of Gate but with simpler art and story. Inferior in every way, but it's still the beginning-perhaps it gets better in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread