Nihonkoku Shoukan

Dex-chan lover
actually im kinda curious to see smth like this but instead of japan its America and all its territories

For anyone reading the novel this has a sequel titled " GATE: Season 2 - Jieitai Kano Umi nite, Kaku Tatakeri (Light Novel)."

Also, with how popular this plot where the entire country got Isekaid, Nihonkoku Shoukan has many fan made novels where different countries are the ones that got isekaid, like China, USA, Russia, or India.

Dex-chan lover
The premise sounds like it’d make for a very interesting story political and conflict wise. How will the citizens react? How will the government react? The author could also tackle some really important subjects of prejudice (judging new species by their looks; a huge part of the reason we even have racism and sexism is that the human race (and most species) are inclined to form groups and see anyone not in their groups as the enemy. Not looking like “me and everyone I know” is an easy way differentiate groups and dehumanize people; imagine how it’d go for other intelligent species), philosophy, mob rule (fear makes citizens VERY dangerous), imperialism, fight for resources, greed, and so much more. Really with a premise like this, there are so many unique and interesting storylines we could get, and so so much that can be done for world, character, and society building. However, that’s what makes this risky. Its so easy for the author to disappoint when there are this many possibilities. Not to mention this isn’t nearly as generic a formula as the usual isekai, so whatever the author does has the risk of being unliked and he could mess up. My question is, does this live up to the hype I immediately formed from the description? Well, no use just asking. Might as well dive right now. Hopefully this is really good.

Dex-chan lover
@CalamityCallout about chapter 14
It is described as volume 1 chapter 14 so it's somewhere in the middle of the list.
Chapter 14 has to be approved by a mod first.
It is on the queue and it is sunday, come back in the evening it will probably be on.

@TNT261 sometimes the project (manga/story/game) sounds so ambitious, more so than the author thinks so it really is easy to disappoint the readers or the players. Underestimating the opponent in a fight usually ends badly, but underestimating a story as a reader usually helps to prevent being disappointed.
Expecting things to turn this or that way sure is fun, but I usually go at it only when I realize that this is
tenor.gif

Also I would expect the novel to be more interesting if this manga starts to feel lacking.

Dex-chan lover
@Kamelpov thats a interesting take but i think that would also apply to all countries one example would be Russia, as they would definitely take the resources.

Love the story so much, can’t wait for the next upcoming chapters. Thanks for the writer n the translator

It's like gate but in a more larger scale. And more depressing, and more on sided, and... you get the point.

Woohoo, an ISOT manga! Hopefully it doesn't degenerate into Gate-levels of Japan-wank.

Users who are viewing this thread