Nihonkoku Shoukan

@Stap

As you guessed, the first name is Momotarou, and in the folk tale, Momotarou was accompanied by a dog(inu), monkey(saru), and pheasant(tori). Not too sure about the pheasant bit, but basically it is momotarou vs the onis.

This is good but vocal isekaitards tarnish the ratings with their generic isekai tastes.

People who complain about this artstyle probably don't like BLAME! or GANTZ panels without enemies.

Tldr they aren't people of culture.

Dex-chan lover
@A31D31N I don't mind the art, but I do wish they didn't do much of the weird reaction faces. But that doesn't keep me from reading as it's interesting enough world-wise.

The LN feels to have a more serious tone overall, partly I think due as the reaction faces do make it a bit more light in the manga.
[img=527.6x387.2]https://i.imgur.com/QpDTdAE.jpg[/img]
[img=374x484.5]https://i.imgur.com/gbzNFAF.png[/img]

I like the idea but I do wish to see a magic empire on par with a modern military. That way its not so steam rolly. Why gate works better then this is that is focus on characters. this is to broad.

Fed-Kun's army
I’ve read up until chapter 21 and can’t say I’m positively impressed by the story. If you like the story and don’t want to read criticism of it, skip this comment.
Nihonkoku Shoukan focuses on political entities (such as countries) instead of people. This can be a valid choice but removes most expectations of character development.
However, the main failure of the story is the critical lack of stakes. Each arc feels like this:
[*] Evil local entity E unjustly attacks local entity G.
[*] Local entity E steamrolls local entity G.
[*] Local entity G calls Japan for help.
[*] Japan may need some time to think but ultimately decides to intervene.
[*] Japan crushes local entity E with modern weaponry.
[*] Japan has saved the day! Everybody claps
They say that a story is only as good as his villain/conflict. Can’t say I’m impressed with Nihonkoku Shoukan’s conflict. It feels more like some sort of army otaku’s power fantasy than an actual story aimed at diverting the reader.

Dex-chan lover
@DefectiveTurret I gotta agree with your points for the current available chapters, It kinda get's like that in the starting regions. I'd say it gets more interesting the moment it actually involves the more developed civilizations in the future chapters and isn't completely about direct conflicts with nations based on my reading of the LN.

It will be like that for a while on Japan's side until this arc (Palpadia) finishes at least. In future chapters we will see other nations in combat that don't involve Japan and isn't completely one sided. The arc's style thankfully does change as Japan will be more and more reluctant to help out in conflicts in the future. This gives the other country's military assets a time to shine as the wars / conflict will be farther and farther from Japan which will limit their assistance as the New World is far larger than Earth (6.3 times larger in surface area) which means it isn't as easy sending ships to a faraway battlefield without logistics issues. The world is quite big that there's a big unexplored ocean area that's as large as Earth that no civ bothered to explore (anyone that tries doesn't return) which the current civs theorized to have other civilizations and continents there which is a nice path the story could tackle. Even Japan tried, but found that even after 10,000 km east they just found more ocean and gave up due to fuel concerns.

I'd say the only theoretical civ that can actually give Japan a run for their money would be the Ravenal Empire with it's magical tech arsenal based on the ruins and artifacts that's scattered across the world as the story goes.

I'm curious how many tanks they sent. an Oosumi class is capable of accommodating like 330 Troops. and 10 MBT's but i guess considering that it carries other vehicles it would carry less. Maybe a platoon of Tanks (3-4 tanks) Rests are other forms of AFV's. Considering 20000 Demons tho... kinda feel it wont be enough. might need to have moar dakka in shape of SPH (Self Propelled Howitzer) or M-270's.

Fed-Kun's army
@demon128
I like the idea but I do wish to see a magic empire on par with a modern military. That way its not so steam rolly.
I have read the Web novel, and I can say it will get there. Look forward to it.

@HentaiFlanker
I'm curious how many tanks they sent.
All the vehicles are shown in the chapter: 1 tank, 1 IFV, 1 APC, 3 HMV (Humvee knock offs).

Is this japan manga propaganda?, I burst out laughing seeing the Japanese who are very kind towards their enemies, and don't do romusha haha.

Well this manga is so flawed that its funny.. the modern Japan if transported to another world would collapse on itself within a year.. why? Because Japan is very dependent on import of resources to keep its current population. The Economy would go first as people would lose a lot of jobs, then the lack of oil would halt all vehicles which would also halt production. Famine and riots would be the breaking point.
And no, don't think you can just find a new place to drill for oil just like that, it would take a lot of time an research, especially in a world you have 0 data on.

Wow
Too many racist.
Lets judge the manga based on its content, not because you personaly hate Japan because of the past (WW2.) you warmongers.

Art: 8/10 The art is very good, what art do guys wants? Big eyes? Spiky hairs? Something unrealistic?

Story: 7/10 this is a good idea, just like GATE. Their govt did the right thing, they make friendly to other countries/kingdom so they secure FOOD IMPORTS, and since its just starting, they are looking forward to import all they will need before they could have a big crisis.
The story is just too fast.
It also didnt show what the Japanese poeple would react, the effect, etc. Japan seems like "nothing happened at all" after their whole country got isekai.

Users who are viewing this thread