Apparently, Disillusioned Adventurers Will Save the World - Vol. 3 Ch. 20 - Union

Double-page supporter
This manga was special because Main characters didn't trust each other and defeated obstacles by doing their respective tasks (like people who don't blindly trust each other). Now it went to power of friendship?
It went from unique to overly generic manga. Kind of ruined it to me.

Dex-chan lover
maybe some ppl are disappointed that the power was basicly a FUSION from DB but you need to admit the full armor looks dope

Damn, readers have begun to be so cynical and fake deep when they call it dog shit writing when the literal sword of bonds is powered by friendship. Honestly, I think anyone who truly expected the characters to remain jaded forever, need to grow up. The point of the story wasn't that these characters were once betrayed and can never trust again, but that they were betrayed/outcasted and ironically created a bond in their corresponding trust issues. So regardless, you can't expect these characters to pretend like nobody else matters just because they were once betrayed. The lesson isn't independence, it's trusting in people and have that good faith, especially from people who suffered the same as you. Who cares if this chapter is about the "power of friendship", like what the fuck did it take you 4 chapters for you to realize it was called the sword of bonds, this was definitely not an ass pull. Who even fucking knows, maybe the sword literally cannot work if the character had doubts, or their resolve had to be specific to helping others and those near him/her. It's fucking magic.

Dex-chan lover
I really wouldn't worry about the power of friendship thing; I've seen a few tokusatsu in which power of friendship failed because someone had doubts and the amazing power stops working. Sure, they got it back in an episode or two, but who knows; maybe this one will pull that off?

Make it like 'the power stops working at a crucial moment, doubt starts to stir and a rift was formed, disallowing the party to use Union for quite some time until they reconcile...and it will be difficult since everyone starts with rock-bottom trust in the first place', and you're set. But seriously, you don't need to expect Darkest Dungeon for every manga like this; even Goblin Slayer fully applies the power of friendship trope after nine volumes. Give it a chance, you can add twist to everything.

@OsoJr
Well said! At least I've seen the 'doubt' trope applied, but I don't see the 'resolve' trope applied much, honestly. With these kind of people, there's bound to be a selfish situation teaching them that exact lesson.

While I was expecting the power of friendship, but what I didn't expect was the magical girl transformation that the MC did.

I love it.

Double-page supporter
So it seems like there are other weapons or equipment like that sword that only reacts or reaches its full potential when a certain criteria is met, and maybe each of these guys will get a different equipment that will match all of them. Perhaps there's a deeper story and lore into this world other than just the character's personal growth and story.

Users who are viewing this thread