Nishino ~ The Boy at the Bottom of the School Caste and Also at the Top of the Underground

@Dr-Zoidberg - Really? Your counter-argument to the bland and repetitive Isekai genre is... As long as it's different it's better?

I don't know why this manga has so low rating. It so good. MC don't have agnorance which has in everyone mangas. MC devided his school and killer life very good.

i feel like i can discover how terrible is the author in real life just by reading this

like, he wants some beautiful girl crazy about him despite the fact that he's ugly. he's useless (probably got bullied a lot when he was a student) and he wants some power like superheroes. and maybe, he wants spiky hair as well

this manga is nothing but a place for him to write a fantasy story about himself

well... that's fun by itself

@Akemua
Really? Your counter-argument to the bland and repetitive Isekai genre is... As long as it's different it's better?
of course not. Different is not always better. But you guys can't be so hard on this manga rating with a 4, when out there are so many copy and paste manga with always the same boring ass plot rating at least with a 7.
0 tolerance with a manga that try to be original, and super-hype for some manga that have the same story of other 100 manga. Make no sense for me. I find reasonable the opposite. Is a bad manga? of course, but it's not that bad, at least he try, instead of copy a overexploited genre that create more trash arts than Upcycled art.

I don't know why this manga has so low rating.
It's because most of the readers on here, and most people in general, are hypocritical in nature. It's the same issue seen in the Call of Duty video games: fans complain about everything being the same, but when changes are brought to the series, the fans complain that things are being changed. It's a lose-lose situation for people. People, especially on here, don't know how to rate, either. Everything is either black or white, a 1 or a 10. Literally most of the stuff on this website is either too highly overrated, or too underrated (too many 10s or too many 1s), which breaks the rating system in twain. I've noticed this starting to be an issue as soon as social media, esp twitter, became large. Youtube has also not helped with this, ditching their 5* system for the fucking upvote/downvote bullshit. This has twisted people's minds into thinking in terms of black and white and have fucked with people's true perception of how to rate something based on merits and demerits. I also blame video game reviews that use a scoring system as well, E S P E C I A L L Y S T E A M.
This series def isn't what I'd consider great (I'd probably give it a 5 or a 6 considering what I've read here so far because I find it average, yet interesting enough), but it's far from being the worst thing ever. I could easily put this above a few of the "best rated" manga on MangaDex (most of which are so highly overrated that it fucking sickens me).
Different is not always better. But you guys can't be so hard on this manga rating with a 4, when out there are so many copy and paste manga with always the same boring ass plot rating at least with a 7.
Agreed with you there. There's so much inconsistency with the ratings people give (as a whole, not just this website) when it comes to manga. Subjectiveness as an argument can only go so far when so many people are mentally incapable of properly rating something based on the merits and demerits of what is being read. I've def red far worse stuff rated above a 7 (and a few rated above a 9 on MD) than this.
The zero tolerance that people tend to have with stuff trying to think out of the box is exactly the same people that complain about everything being the same and wanting something different, but they want something that is still the same as what they are used to...just in a different package. It's pure hypocrisy at its worst.
Though not gonna lie: when I see a series that's rated below a 6, it catches my curiosity because it makes me wonder if it's really as bad (average/mediocre/meh) as people make it out to be. And often I'm surprised by the result.

there is no such thing like "SO bad that its SO good". that's stupid logic
The Room would like to have a word with you. You seem to be new to entertainment in general. Or life. Or the internet as a whole.

interesting premise, lukewarm execution, and god awful art
One of the more apt and accurate descriptions for the series, though I disagree about the art. The art isn't THAT bad. I've seen far worse being serialized (and not for comedic effect).

Double-page supporter
"YES I AM THE BEARER OF ALL TRUTHS, ANYTHING OTHER THAN WHAT PLEASES ME IS TRASH BY DEFAULT, PEOPLE ? HYPOCRITES"
- @DizzyMiko

Dex-chan lover
This author decided to risk it by making ugly main characters in his stories, still OP as fuck and with a aharem but the girls don0t just fall for a powerful guy with a pretty face this time.
The bad thing is how humble both MC are, too much for their own good, totally used to being beaten around from society and with a unique mindset that misunderstand everything in the worse way.
I respect this author for lowing some fresh air on old cliches.
I read the TL webnovel and there were some plot holes and bad explanations but still fine if we just ignore them, as the author himself decids to do after a while, I guess the paper version was made better.

This manga having LQ art is because all the good artists are 1: doing their own manga 2: got hired to make a isekai port 3: ask too much money

Even the remake of Tanaka the wizard got a bad artist, at least it looks like this one is getting better.

One thing about this latest chapter, in the novel the authro made clear that Rose was incredibly unlucky, a drunk Nishino would have posed no resistance and she would have finally got him, but she visited the house before he returned and the bar after he left or when Marquise put the "closed" sign, if she had did things reversed...

Takeuchi is a piece of shit! First he told Nishino that he's interested in Rose, (because he thought Nishino had a crush on her) then cowers and says "yes" when the thug says "it's ok to rape her, right?" Then after Nishino saves them both, he has the nerve to start dating the girl he actually likes. Then in later chapters, he belittles him in front of the class. This guy is scum, if he gets killed, I wouldn't mind.

Dex-chan lover
Lol ratings are wack, I'll take this unnecessarily convoluted 5.0, over boring, basic isekai but insert x here 7.0 any day of the week.

to be fair its weird how there's only "338" people that rated this manga despite it have over 150k views. Its almost like over 50% of people opened this manga page then immediatly closed it.

Group Leader
Tbh it's not a bad manga, idk why people are going off like it's trash and shit. The main character isn't that ugly though he is considered to be not good looking in the manga, the plot is somewhat good, and i really like this concept of a MC that is actually OP, and can crush anybody he wants at any time but he's been looked down by everybody. Also god damn that Roxy has a FAT ASS despite her loli looks. 7/10, in my head.

Users who are viewing this thread