Nito no Taidana Isekai Shoukougun ~Saijaku Shoku "Healer" nano ni Saikyou wa Cheat desu ka?~

@OK_NINA Well said. It's a good "light" story with interesting characters. No need for unnecessary complaining and nitpicking.
Isn't there enough negativity on this site already?

Dex-chan lover
I feel like I've read a manga with the EXACT same premise. The first chapter is basically a copy-paste of the said manga. Huh? This is too weird.

@lionfromnorth
It's like Arifureta chapter 1, but then becomes your standard get-girls get-good isekai, just with a motive different than save the world for the goddess.

Also this should be renamed Masamune-kun's Revenge...

i mean at fuckin least the mc isnt super emo and edgy like every other revenge isekai. the base premise is still kinda shit, and "healers are weak" both doesnt make logical sense and has been done before, but simply by nature of not being pointlessly gritty it feels better then most others of the same style.

Dex-chan lover
SO much to unpack here.

I know this will sound insensitive, but are people in Japan really that quick to kill themselves over what could be considered minor inconveniences? Bullying is bad and all, but what exactly stopped him from telling them to go fuck themselves? Maybe it's my toxic masculinity brain talking, but I wouldn't have hesitated to kick the shit out of them, or go down trying (phrasing). This is worse than being bullied by stick thin sassy girls when you're a man.. well, boy. Not to mention a girl going into a depression spiral because one boy didn't want to date her.

Next, is revenge the new isekai? In the way that it's currently a popular concept, where they put it in every manga that would have worked just fine without it? I mean sure they give some flimsy excuse why he sucks, or why they wouldn't have wasted even the basic courtesy of giving him supplies and sending him on his way (the kingdom being full of assholes), but could the current story not function as is? Is revenge even necessary?

Finally, of course his weak healing/synergy/shield class is secretly OP! At least they're offering up an evil god potion or something to explain why no one else in history hadn't figured out the same thing before. The only one that seems a halfway decent version of this concept is The Wrong Way to Use Healing Magic...

.... I have no idea why I decided to write this. It's not like I'm not going to read it, but I think I'm getting a bit tired of the pointlessly edgy/unnecessary crap in some of these stories.

I think the only redeeming quality of this manga is that it doesn't actively harm the reader. There hasn't been any rape (yet) or pedophilia (yet), none of the female characters has peed themselves... The bar may be low, but that doesn't mean this manga doesn't pass it. Yes, it's sexist and shallow and the character interactions make no sense, but it's not racist, or fascist propaganda, and not once has someone powered up by drinking breast milk, placing this manga miles above other works in the genre.

You guys need to stop with that stupid paranoia about rape, ntr and many other inapropiate things, it's ok to not like them, i don't really like gore that much but if i see a manga that sugest it could have that genere, i just deal with it and keep reading at my own risk.

Alright it might be an isekai and it might be unoriginal

But it’s not bad and the plot is moving forward at a not too fast speed. I hope it won’t devolve into a revenge story at any point in time.

Dex-chan lover
Read the English Title: A NEET's Guide to a Parallel world
Read first chapter without reading summary. Thought it would be like Konosuba in being a parody. Not like that at all.

Healer is the weakest class. Doesn't explain why in first chapter. OK. 🤢

Edit: Chapter 3. It's the "weakest" because it's a low rank class. If he was a Priest Class or something, then he'd be livin with the big boys probably. Could've said that in chapter 1. Literally all that was said was "Healers are a recovery occupation. they're the weakest." Well, I suppose they technically are, bolstering low combat abilities, but they are by far and away from being useless. It genuinely triggers me that the lady attempted to basically kill him despite the fact that he's a GODAM HEALER. Actually just. I just can't. So I won't read anymore.

Oh. And also bog-standard gets a cheat and becomes OP. That's whatever. Typical Isekai stuff.

Ngl its not that bad. 8 chapters in.

I never understand the isekai series hating on healers though.

Nice pacing.

@TrashChef I like isekai stories. This one is a fucking piece of shit. I rated it a 2 for a few reasons. @MelReinH actually touched on a few of them. The explanations are so poorly done and the logic jumps are so far out there that it boggles the mind. As a revenge story, it's characters are shit, and the motivation basis for revenge is actually rather weak, especially compared to the really good ones like Nidome no Yuusha and, to a lesser degree, Arufureita (or however you spell it, I'm too lazy and don't care enough about this series to care to spell it properly). Those stories, you get better character development before, during, and after the turning point, as well as getting some fill in the blanks.

With this guy, he's a little bitch who gets pushed around and can't stand up for himself, gets tossed aside for bullshit reasons that basically amounts to "the plot needs to happen and the MC needs a reason for revenge" instead of one naturally developing through good storytelling. His OP powers aren't that ridiculous compared to others within the same vein, but because it's a literal dime a dozen stories, and the fact this MC literally has no personality to speak of of all the chapters currently out that I've read in English, it's so bland and forgettable that I actually forgot I ever even read this until I saw that I had rated it. I had to read the synopsis twice to make sure I understood which one of the isekai revenge clones I was reading. It literally does N O T H I N G to differentiate itself from other stories: fucks' sake, there are other ones that shit on "healer"-type classes that do a far better job of actually having more memorable characters.

The worst offender of this piece of garbage, though, is how D E C O M P R E S S E D the story is being told in manga format. It's so goddamn slow that I was actually getting bored reading it...which is a feat few mangaka can ever achieve considering I love long chapters and much prefer them to chapters less than 20 pages. This story manages to take LN genres I rather like (isekai revenge) and make it boring, bland, unimaginative, and worst of all, forgettable.

@konzolmester its too much negativity and spitefulness lol. this made me realize i might have to leave a note for my comic.
why are they taking it outside of its realm of being a fucking fictional story lol?

I started off good, but then it became the classic isekai vengeance story, in which the MC learns to forgive by forming social connections with others... fuck that shit!

Dex-chan lover
The art of shitty isekais has been refined for generations.
The author's pen is now so sharp it could cut a tank.

Users who are viewing this thread