No Home

@harospex bruh that would be so far fetched there's no way lol. Her whole story is about
domestic violence and discrimination & exploitation of the female child
which sadly is a super realistic setting in Korea. It's not uncommon for girls to be treated like so because Korea is a hardcore patriarchy similar to China.
And Korea is still a notch better? In China if the fetus was discovered being female the parents often abort it because one household can only have so many kids if they don't want to get taxed a lot. (child tax?? or something) It got to the point where they don't have enough female population and there seems to be evidence of human trafficking of women from the neighboring countries.
Her somehow being a guy sounds like some F-tier BL manga plot that is just uncharacteristic of the author to write.

@drili i guess you're right lol
i dont really know anything abou t korea sorry ,,
i think i was influenced by like all these guys have problems and end up living in that house, but i don't think teachers would allow a girl to live there

@Drili I can't stop thinking about the phone call Marie had with her grandmother. I think it was in the first chapter of her arc. Marie was in the 4th grade and her grandmother tells her that she's "grown up" and basically has to look after her brother and father. Marie's father is an adult and her brother is older than her. It's not unreasonable to ask her to help since her mother is now gone, but expecting a child to take over the role of a grown woman is wrong. What's worse is that this phone call appears to be shortly after Marie's parents divorced. At the time she was probably still processing the separation and now she's been given all the domestic duties of a wife.

You're right, though. Sadly his is quite common in many cultures.
Her brother abusing Marie is also sadly common. It's not clear if the father doesn't know or just doesn't take it seriously, but being abused by a sibling is quite common. I get the feeling that Marie's brother is sabotaging her because he needs her to keep doing all the domestic tasks around the house. Not to mention he probably vents his frustrations by making Marie his punching bag. It seems like he's not doing well academically.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Let's not forget that this stuff happens in the USA too. If you work in or know people who grew up in foster care.
Being bullied by siblings and taking on adult roles as children is HEAVILY present.

@beatriz89 That's just another incredibly on point take from you Beatriz-sama lol.
That phone call was the first thing that gave me the gut feeling that Marie will have an even harsher family setting than any of the boys so far (if you don't count Haejoon's ptsd from his mother's death and everything that came after that, just his base situation of course). She's basically her own family's household slave. Pushing the responsibilities of an adult and expecting maturity and "motherly" behavior from them like that is the no.1 type of mental abuse little girls suffer all over the world.

@KiddenNicken Domestic abuse is obviously not a Korea specific situation, it is common everywhere in the world and we as a community should strive to prevent it. The way Marie's family background has been set up is deeply influenced by the general Korean experience of how it works tho. I'm not claiming to be an expert on Korean culture because 1) I'm European 2) I'm not especially interested in Korea like some people are but if you consume enough Korean media by off chance it's easy to perceive their heavily patriarchal mindset.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Fed-Kun's army
I cursed myself for reading the raws.
we have 3 girls and 3 guys. I don't think the girls live together. and idk about romance. seems like non-existence. bromance are strong tho.

anyway this is a very good webtoon. if you're a sucker for character development and past; this is it.

Double-page supporter
@Drili as an asian i can say you're analysis/observation is pretty spot on

pretty much correct: here moms will teach the daughters to cook and clean but never the sons. but it's still fucked up of the grandmother and the father to let young marie handle everything-- the aunt was right to be concerned, especially if she knew how her mother/the grandmother is like. here i think at worst daughters will be expected to chip in, not take over entirely. usually relatives will help out while they're still getting on their feet. but then again since im living as middle class, it may be as worse as what happened with marie.

I don't really think i would love this manhwa, but now i do! Please i need moaaaaaaar of this. Thank you so much for your hard works!

Group Leader
I first read this title as "No Homo", idk why... Good manhwa tho.

really love watching this gain more fans, looking at the first chapters there were only 3 comments and now theres around 30. Much thanks to the translator for the chapters, but also for engaging with the community

I was right about Marie's brother. What a joke. He calls Marie selfish for wanting to move out just because he'd lose his maid if his sister was gone. Personally I think the brother is too comfortable where he is now and doesn't want to grow up. It's a lot easier to stay home and have someone do everything for you than it is to grow up and take care of yourself.

Group Leader
Most interesting manga I've read this year. The characters feel real and the struggles are never black and white, which just adds so much depth to the story and to the charcaters.

Users who are viewing this thread