Noa-senpai wa Tomodachi. - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
They're emphasizing the "only friends" thing a lot that I just don't believe it. This'll definitely go somewhere in the future

Double-page supporter
Holy shit the instant mental calculation of “if I make friends with this person then I’ll have to spend time with them and that takes time and energy from my pre existing hobbies and commitments is it worth it” is so relatable to me on a primal level

Dex-chan lover
Dude's trying to save as much energy as a led light compared to an incandescent light bulb. Getting insulted would also take too much energy, so he won't. Trying to deal with the consequences if he rejected the friendship offer might also be burdensome, so he offhandedly accepted and then did, obviously, absolutely nothing to actually act like friends. He would be a man of principle if being a man of principle didn't sound like so much work.

Dex-chan lover
"I just don't see you as a man"

In any conversation, this would be a showstopper but not here it seems. You really need to be pretty apathetic to not react to this kind of declaration.

Then to add insult to injury comes "genderless"

He doesn't seem the type who complains or shares details of his daily life either. I don't see why would he accept this other then "manga logic" tbh.
Yea I’m piecing out the moment those words tumble out of some mouth. Have fun crying to the walls

Is that really a phrasing used in Japan? "Saving energy". "Conserving energy". That kind of thing. I've seen it in a couple of manga series.

That's not a [common] English phrase. It would be much more common to say "take it easy" or "don't get too stressed about things" or something like that. It's a very unusual thing to specifically evoke the word "energy" for these situations.
Hah I use that energy stuff phrasing in my daily life

Aggregator gang
Imagine calling someone "amazing" just because they're hard workers while also in a relationship.

Users who are viewing this thread