Noragami - Vol. 23 Ch. 89.2 - Echoes of the Koto no Ha

I’ve noticed that everyone now hates Yukine but it’s kinda Yato’s fault :/ it’s like Yato didn’t learn his lesson from last time cause once again he ran off without telling Yukine where and what he was doing and left Yukine with no information or explanation. Yato is a cool character but a shit master to Yukine imo.

Group Leader
@PoolSoj yato can't tell him. Yato is scared that yukine would then become like sakura, his 1st weapon. that's why he doesn't tell him. But yukine acts like a spoiled brat right from the beginning and, despite knowing how much yato had gone through for him, yukine still chose to betray him.

Screw Yukine. He's always been a spoiled brat so nothing has really changed for him. The kid has severe trust issues which is why he's always swinging back and forth between a good and shitty personality.

Right now I really wanna know where Hiyori and Nora are at and what they're doing.

@Thelonewolf And Yukine doesn't know any of that though? From his point of view, Yato up and left him to go into a suicide mission after promising he wouldn't do that, ignored the obvious signs of problem he felt thanks to their connection to continue pursuing the terribly ill-thought suicide mission with Kazuma who had breached Yukine’s trust in the past and, on top of that, again from Yukine's perspective, has been keeping vital information to himself all along concerning Yukine's life, something Yukine knows Yato knows is a touchy subject to him.

To think Yato didn't fuck up big time is to ignore Yato's own admission that he fucked big time. And now it's Yukine's time to fuck up big time. But the biggest fuck up of all time is Father anyway.

Dex-chan lover
I get the entire drama and dilemma and all, but man Yukine is just so annoying. I really dont want him to return after this arc is over

A lot of hate for this arc, I agree that it slogs a bit but I think it's really good. The only problem imo is that the long gaps between releases make it feel longer than it actually is.

Hopefully Nora and Hiyori show up soon to save the day! Both of them have done a lot of character development since they met Yato and Yukine last so I think they will turn the tide! Fingers crossed

Im sad at the hate directed towards this arc because i think it makes sense. Yukine was never told the truth about his past and what yato was trying to do. I think the spoiled ways that hes acting makes sense. He feels betrayed, and he has other traumas he needs to fix. Same with yato. Its not like one character arc is enough to "solve" a character's problems. Idk. I just like this arc (not the best, but definitly not cringey/annoying)

@iztia summed it up perfectly - Yukine's been left behind and betrayed by Yato too many times. At this point only Hiyori and Nora can save him, if he's not totally beyond redemption in Heaven's eyes. I like this arc a lot- the long-simmering problems between Yato and Yukine have boiled over, and who knows how it's going to end up? Especially with Ebisu and his squad also getting involved.

Bisha is going to wreck some bodies once she gets wind of what Yato and Kazuma have been up to. Can't wait to see it.

Users who are viewing this thread