Noragami - Vol. 27 Ch. 109 - With the God in the Tracksuit

Dex-chan lover
I am so saddened that it had to end like this. Noragami had a great story and potential, if only the authors weren't rushed to end this due to health concerns and probably other issues they weren't willing to share.

To me, this is bittersweet. I'm happy they gave a happy ending. Hiyori became a doctor and is fulfilling her dream. Yato became a meme and extended his lifeline. Nora now knows she was loved, and is still loved by hiyori/yato/yukine. Yukine was able to see her sister, and although he is still having nightmares, now dreams to be a mature adult like his sister. And they're all together again in the end.

But bittersweet because it was a rushed ending. Reading this chapter right after the previous kinda felt forced. They were beaten up and emotionally stressed, then a timeskip to where everyone's still healing? Kinda sadist lol. Answers weren't given either, it was all worked up magically behind the scenes with amaterasu just giving us a dirty finger I suppose. Yato/yukine/nora's lives didn't really get that much better either.

I wish they just did the fan theories like yato = tsukuyomi. Still, I am blessed and I don't regret having read this manga. Thanks to fast-moon too, I guess this is the last time I will search for their tumblr 😭

Dex-chan lover
Whatever happened to Yato and Hiyori romance? Or was there a thing between them to begin with?

Aggregator gang
Imo, it isn’t easy to write an ending that most readers will be satisfied with when it comes to serialized stories like manga. I try not to judge them the way I would a novel or movie because it seems that they have a much different writing/editing process and less control over when the story will end.
It’s hard to tie all the threads together when you can’t go back and adjust. It’s hard to maintain momentum and tone when your story is a 10+ year project.
It’s just my preference, but I like to go easy on manga endings.

I liked this finale! The joy I felt seeing Hiyori all grown up and smiling carried throughout the whole chapter.

Sure, I would have loved to see the gods challenged a little more or for more spotlight on the doomed love between a human and a god… but I think the series managed to keep consistent in its tone overall.
Moments rich in optimism, melancholic maturity, and always wanting the best for the people you love. The ending did a great job of conveying all of them together again for one final chapter.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Ahhh man, what a journey. I was 16 when I hopped on this train and now I’m 25. It’s been a bumpy ride but this one will stay with me despite not getting the story we hoped for.

In another life, Noragami would have itself complete with a nice few epilogue chapters for our characters to get their resolutions: what the Gods are dealing with after all the fighting in the Far Shore, Yukine’s story & how he is learning to heal, Bisha/Kazuma, and Yato/Hiyori romance talking about their feelings. I thought maybe we would see Hiyori age & meet Yato in the afterlife but that didn’t happen. Maybe the author thought that would be too sad? Anyways, while some loose ends, anticlimactic ending, & not complete satisfaction. I still enjoy the journey we have been on y’all o7

I hope the Adachi Toka takes a break for a year or so for her health before returning for her next work. Or if anything, have a collaborator with her!

Fed-Kun's army
Oh, man, the more I think about this, the worse I feel about this ending. No resolution to the romance, no clear explanation to how everyone was saved, a confusing ass war, since when can you fix a severed spiritual tail with fucking CPR...

Either way, many thanks to Fast Moon for scanlating this series from beginning to end. Regardless of how I feel about this chapter in the morning, I'm glad we all watched this unfold together.

Dex-chan lover
Somehow, I have such mixed emotions with this chapter because it feels like things were rather rushed at the end? For the last couple of chapters, I barely had time to appreciate my theory being right on how Hiyori was Sakura in her past life and then Hiyori quickly transformed into Yato's shinki again! There was still more stuff and characters I wanted fleshed out and written! I really wish there was more! I don't want the story to end! Author-san, can't you make one more volume dedicated to epilogue stuff? 😭
Huh, how is Hiyori Sakura's reincarnation? How did you come to that conclusion?

And does anyone know what happened to Nora at the end there? Whose diary was she reading?

Dex-chan lover
On one hand I have no right to complain since I'm not paying for this (did buy the first season on blu-ray long ago, i think 2nd season also).

As someone that's been following this series for around a decade now (with the series as a whole existing for 13 years), this ending is honestly lackluster in just about every way, and in many ways feels like a slap to the face. Like, it'd be one thing if this was a much shorter lived series that ended after a few years, but to go on for 13 years to have this kind of ending is laughable.

The state of the world as well as all of the characters were a complete mess after all that happened, and to go from that to a 5+ year timeskip, with nothing really touching upon what happened feels like an insult. Also I do think the way Yato's existence is secured is a complete ass pull.

Things I felt we should have gotten before the series ended was a followup on Kazuma and Bisha. Kazuma did spend what seems like a quarter of the series working together with Yato, him wanting to protect Bisha, which also led to Kazuma learning the gods greatest secret, with that storyline ending with him teleporting back to her in a fake out death. It would have been nice to see at least one talk between them. Between him going behind her back and becoming a nora, and also learning the gods greatest secret and managing to survive it all, I feel there's a lot that should have been said. But no.

I also felt that we should have seen more of the gods in the aftermath of everything that happened. Yato's dad did kill a lot of people (gods, shinki, and also caused the death of a lot of humans), with Amaterasu losing many of her shinki as well. There's also the issue of pretty much every shinki present for that final battle being exposed to the gods greatest secret. So much damaging stuff that was completely forgotten about. Though in the case of the secret, it could have been a case where all shinki involved were killed to keep them from spreading word of that to others, with shinki of high level gods like Ama being reincarnated, so it's not like they lost anything. Regardless, I feel like we should have seen Ama at least one more time by the end, even if just to comment on everything Yato and/or his father has done. Would have liked something from her, since it always seemed like she had some kind of interest in Yato and/or Hiyori, with her appearing at random points to assist them.

I also felt that we were owed a proper explanation about Hiyori, and all the shit that went on with her. I would have liked to have received some kind of explanation as to why she's different from every other human, and can leave her body. That's only a minor issue, but it still annoys me that we never got an explanation at any point in the series. Moving on to the last bunch of chapters, there seemed to be a major lack of dialogue when it came to her. Hell, she was barely present in the later parts of this series. But at the end, the author seemed to skimp out almost entirely on dialogue surrounding her. Like when Father severes her tail, goes to name her with Yato intervening, Hiyori becoming his shinki with her form heavily resembling that of Sakura's, then Yukine fetching her body with her being saved by simple CPR, there being a major lack of dialogue during these scenes, at least from anyone that isn't Yato's father. One could say the author wanted to leave things open to interpretation with Hiyori, especially for any possible connections to Sakura.

I do think this final chapter does handle the ending of Hiyori's story pretty well despite all my issues with the lead up to it (I feel like we should have gotten at least 1 or 2 chapters between this one and the last). It is good to see her move on with her life, and not throw away her life by hanging out with the dead. That said, with all the build up over the entire course of the series between her and Yato (even showing them bound by a red string of fate), I don't fancy the idea of her hooking up with whatever that guys name was. It's also really annoying that by the time her and Yato are reunited it's only two pages, with it ending at that.

Great series, bad ending.

Dex-chan lover
Huh, how is Hiyori Sakura's reincarnation? How did you come to that conclusion?

And does anyone know what happened to Nora at the end there? Whose diary was she reading?
Nothing confirms that, with it not helping that there was a severe lack of dialogue whenever she popped up in the last few chapters just to get her tail yanked off.

In my opinion it would explain many things about Hiyori. I also do think there's some evidence that could support her being a reincarnation of Sakura. Like how she was able to see Yato at the very beginning of the series, with what led to her being able to leave her body at all. Then there's how Hiyori shares a red string of fate with Yato. Going back to the flashback with Sakura, she did behave in a way that seemed similar to Hiyori, especially with how nurturing she was towards Yato, and just how much she touched him. Back then we saw Sakura's form to be a short sword (don't remember the name of that weapon type), and sure enough when Hiyori became Yato's shinki she was the exact same kind of sword, and in addition to that she was surrounding if petals (which could easily be sakura petals. No way to know for sure though since they're not colored)

Dex-chan lover
[/QUOTE]
I hope the Adachi Toka takes a break for a year or so for her health before returning for her next work. Or if anything, have a collaborator with her!

Adachitoka is already a 2-women team from the beginning, so the collaboration part is already guaranteed.

The problem was when one of them got sick from 2017-2018, hence the later slowdown in releases (likely to accommodate said ill member).

Group Leader
I remember loving the anime when it first came out, then I started reading the Manga until I caught up and the updates where inconsistent so I forgot about it. Can someone tell me 2 things: 1) did the evil father get his ass beaten and was it satisfying? 2) was there actual, clear romance between Yato and Hiyori?
1) It's in the 2nd part of the chapter right before this. He did get his ass beat, whether it was satisfying or not is subjective i guess. I found it satisfying enough

2) No

ivv

Dex-chan lover
I wish the writer had put more effor for the ending...
atleast a conclusion about the main couple...

Little bit disappointed with the ending but I'm happy another Manga I growing up with end.

I'm still confused about the prophet thing about yato from amaterasu words.

Dex-chan lover
Ngl I hate this ending. The best parts of the manga for me were when yato and hiyori interacting. I barely remember anything they did together in the final 3rd of the manga. Wasted potential 😞

Users who are viewing this thread