Notice Regarding MangaDex [Redacted]

Professional lazy person
Staff
Developer
Hello once again, unfortunately, Elon Musk DMCA'd us and we had to cancel MangaDex [Redacted]. Our advertisement partners have also decided to pull out for this reason, rendering us without a source of money.

What does this mean for you?
  1. We will no longer offer the MangaDex [Redacted] subscription service
  2. Ads will no longer be displayed for all users
  3. The [Redacted] badge will no longer be shown for subscription users
  4. Users who purchased MangaDex [Redacted] will have their subscriptions canceled.
We are sorry for any inconvenience and devastation this may have caused.

Fortunately, we managed to make a total of $80085.69 within the past day. This is enough to keep our servers running for the foreseeable future.

Our staff has also finally received their first paycheck totaling $420.69 which should be enough to prevent them from quitting from MangaDex Inc.

While we regret that our partners and our MangaDex [Redacted] monetization plan had proven to no longer be viable, we will continue to keep updating MangaDex while brainstorming future prospects.

P.S. Unfortunately, we had to scrap buying a new yacht for Dex-chan, maybe next year.
P.P.S. Happy April Fools!

Two notes:

Last edited by a moderator:
VIP
pArgVvY.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Firstly, I'd like to thank all the MD team for the commendable act of adding ads to the website, I loved trying to find all of them and seeing series I've already read or was reading. I do have to regret the fact that I lost my lil orange V

Double-page supporter
WTF I just placed an order for 500 top of the line graphics card to take advantage of the reduced hashing rate, now what the hell am I supposed to do with them? Use them for constructing my ideal waifu with Mindjourney? I already have one, don't need another

Last edited:
I'm being completely unironic when I say can we have the option to have the ads again? While some of them were as awful as you'd expect, some were really good, and it was kinda neat to have various titles advertised to me in a really funny manner, especially cause it can be difficult sometimes to search through lookin' for things and a couple of the ad clicks brought me to something I ended up taking a shot on.

Group Leader
be carefull, even if elon hadn't DMCA it, orange S.A.'s boss would have...
also, biggest flaw of MangaDex [Redacted] was no rss feeds and the fact that we couldn't see our avatars on main website.
with that, dex-chan would get her luxury yach, and even 1 year of satellite internet on it... :worry:

Users who are viewing this thread