Nukenai Seiken-chan - Vol. 6 Ch. 70 - Epilogue

Dex-chan lover
damn... not a good full plane where you can see on detail the new scabbard that excelia wears. And no good full plane of the other sword girls... hoped to see a full color page of them...

Huh, I came into this story expecting fantastic character designs and nothing else.
The chapter count scared me away at first, given that ecchi series grow stale pretty quick.
It was exactly the kind of brainless "technically not hentai" trash I was expecting, but oddly, I didn't mind.
Once I started, I barely felt the 60+ chapters I binged to get caught up.
The magic ingredient was simplicity. This manga knew what it was, and it never felt ashamed of that.

It's a story about a holy sword who swore herself to the hero, and a simple blacksmith trying to make the greatest sword in the world, and that's all it needed to be.

Was an ok/good ending looking at it objectively but to me it was dogshit. Just a timeskip with no satisfying conclusion with him and the swords just that he's dead.

lol considering one of his Imperial call him papa and other Imperial as sister, he made several of them using those 3 Imperial as base, yep "Harem" END lol

Double-page supporter
@CSmith327
This was an excellent ending. I know everyone wants to see him with a sword harem, but he never saw them as women so that wasn't gonna happen. They still get plenty of service from him while he was alive and he owned them, so it's technically a harem end. Since he didn't see them romantically so it made since he married his childhood friend. The time jump was nice and we got to see his kids, and it was cute that Dawn calls Excelia mama and Tatara papa. The only disappointing points imo is that it didn't show the childhood friend confessing or marriage and we don't get to see how Lunare turned out. (I guess page limit restraint reasons) Other than that it was a satisfying ending to one of the most unique best harem manga I've ever read.

The previous chapter literally ended with him and Excellia confessing their love for each other and ended in a way that explicitly implied sex that has Excelia say to the new hero in this chapter that she's "no longer worthy" to be his sword (gee it's almost like it's implying she lost her virginity), if that's not a blatant implication of "ending up with a sword harem" I really don't know what else the author would need to do for you to get it.

It's pretty obvious he (officially or unofficially) "married" the swords in addition to Myne.

I would say this was a meh to somewhat satisfying end. I understand what the author was going for though.

Dex-chan lover
It feels like a good ending -- but honestly, I hate these types of endings.
Not necessarily because it was primarily a comedic story, and it ended on a "bitter-sweet" note. But because these endings are always an emotional kick-in-the-face. And I don't like getting kicked in the face.
It's catharsis on such a brutal level, that it aggressively points out that "everything you have known and love about this story is OVER it's DONE they are OLD they are DEAD everyone one has MOVED ON did YOU!?"
Jesus christ, man.

I can get that some enjoy this sort of "downers", and it's easy to imagine that the author was going for a ""satisfying ending""....but as I said -- I don't like getting kicked in the face. To hell with these sort of things.
I'd rather that the MC was still alive, still active, just on a new chapter of his story. A story that might've been told if the "book" did not reach its final page.
Still, 10/10 manga. ffs. :v

Group Leader
Wow that ending was not what i was expecting, that was way more sad than i was expecting for such a comedic series, but it wasn't bad thanks Dax&Bats for translating this until the end it was a fun ride
31b7pi.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Harem ending was canon, and I love everything about this.

It also addressed that he was mortal, which I like.

I'M NOT CRYING, YOU ARE CRYING. THIS ARE NOT TEARS, IT'S JUST WATER, WATER COMING FROM MY SOUL.

Users who are viewing this thread