Obokoi Majo wa Majiwaritai!

This feels like such extreme nonsense. Yes, they don't have the religious puritanity that Catholic Christianity prefers, but you're not gonna tell me that Japanese dont like titties as much as the next human being. Nudity, no matter the setting, is used for titilation.
And due to different cultural norms, the Japanese in general don't view titillation as necessarily bad or reserved for adults only. Teenagers get horny and are interested in sex. Japan accepts that, while the west often pretends puberty happens all at once on your 18th birthday.

I'm not sure why you're bringing up Catholics. It's the evangelicals that usually get their panties in a twist over a nip slip. The Catholic-majority western countries I'm familiar with (mostly Spain and France) tend to take a more laid-back approach about that sort of thing.
This manga author might not be allowed to put nipples on the girls breasts, but that's just due to censorship, not because they "don't view nudity the same like decadent western people".
I don't understand what point you're trying to make here. In the west we don't put nipples in magazines aimed at teenagers because that's culturally unacceptable (and often illegal). In Japan, they sometimes do. It's up to the magazine.

But it's not like they're a monolithic culture. They've got prudes, too. Some magazines choose to censor the nipples to keep the complaints from those prudes at bay, but by and large the general public doesn't have a problem with a teenager reading a mange with nipples in it.

Users who are viewing this thread