Ogami Tsumiki to Kinichijou. - Ch. 15 - Yutaka-kun, Get

Group Leader
So what you're telling me is that Yutaka's old friends are racists.
FWIW it seems from page 5 that of this group only Atsuto was one of Yutaka's old 'friends' and the rest don't know him. But yeah, Atsuto is being kind of a douche (though honestly not as bad as I'd expected from the build-up - half of that is Yutaka being afraid, maybe it used to be worse) and is hanging out with a bunch of total d-bags.

Dex-chan lover
Good chap.

Though, the impression I got at first wasn't that Yutaka was earnestly going up to the old friends and giving being peppy his best shot to hang out with them, I thought he was intentionally being a slightly annoying + in-their-face diversion to make them stop treating the genjin like a zoo. But I guess that wasn't the case, lmao.

Group Leader
Though, the impression I got at first wasn't that Yutaka was earnestly going up to the old friends and giving being peppy his best shot to hang out with them, I thought he was intentionally being a slightly annoying + in-their-face diversion to make them stop treating the genjin like a zoo. But I guess that wasn't the case, lmao.
Yeah, Yutaka's just acting like he used to act with Atsuto. You saw that at the end of chapter 13 where he was being totally awkward on the phone with him.

BTW if you think Yutaka on pages 5 - 8 is talking extremely awkwardly, he IS, even in Japanese. We're just preserving that. And if you're paying attention, on page 6 he uses a '!!!' (triple bang!), which nobody in this manga ever(?) uses. He is over the top!

Dex-chan lover
There was so much cool Tsumuki this time (p15 squeeee), but this one really made me laugh:
OyPG1vU.png

Taking her prey home!

And yes, the SFX in the Japanese was actually 'pyon pyon pyon' which is the sound of a bunny hopping. I figured enough of you would appreciate that (and it's so darn cute) to leave it as is.
When you've consumed so much anime and manga that, even though you've never done it yourself, you can immediately connect the chapter's title to "Borrowing Race" without even having to open it up.

Dex-chan lover
I think Yutaka was trying to cover any insensitive words what's his face was saying since he seemed to get louder(bolder and thicker letters) around the phrase "them", which is a classic indicator someone might not have a great opinion of a different group of people. Yutaka making sure no one is uncomfortable except him.

Group Leader
I think Yutaka was trying to cover any insensitive words what's his face was saying since he seemed to get louder(bolder and thicker letters) around the phrase "them", which is a classic indicator someone might not have a great opinion of a different group of people. Yutaka making sure no one is uncomfortable except him.
I think he's mostly acting like he used to act around Atsuto, but on p6 he's definitely trying to drown him out.

Dex-chan lover
They don't really look like friends tbh, more like Yutaka was forced to socialize to avoid being the gloomy guy getting bullied so he built a weird personality around them to survive.
damn I really felt that...pretending to be someone else just so you could fit in class and not be the oddball weirdo that everyone avoids, make fun of or bully

Double-page supporter
I’m so glad he changed schools, so that he could find friends that really treasure him for who he is. That he doesn’t have to pretend to be that “someone” and can be himself instead, also page 15 is so wholesome :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread