“Okaeri, Papa” - Ch. 15 - A Mother's Wish

Dex-chan lover
Does it feel forced to anyone else? What did she say that was so weird or off-putting? She just seems shy and reserved to me.

Double-page supporter
This combined with the spanish extra chapter that someone linked before pretty much confirms that the mother is in on it.
That was me, and Yes it confirm what I say before, the mom is on this, it looks like it will become worse.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
What the heck is meant to be suspicious about the mother saying that she was very happy looking after her daughter even though it was difficult, and the mother saying that she was glad her child was born a girl???

Honestly, while the wife was saying some midly odd things, the reactions of the mc's mom felt like a massive over exaggeration

Dex-chan lover
So Touko's dad was a hentai protagonist. Just not in the genre where he lives.

did u guys ever read Hdoujin that the girl ra*** one guy and make him c** inside her

and then somehow pregnant with his child...

then when the daughter growing up ...

she pretty much make her daughter do same thing at the guy ...

this its somehow what feeling i got on this series
nah the atmosphere is much more like that one where the girl that was ra**ed by her teacher reunites with him as a highschool girl, but it's not actually her and is instead the girl's best friend that watched it happen and wished it was her pretending to be her.
You can't just say that and leave without giving sources for that

Banned
You can't just say that and leave without giving sources for that

The first one is common enough that I could name one. I think the mothgirl could count as the events happened exactly like how he described it. There might be a human version but I forgot if it existed.

Dex-chan lover
WHAT AM I READING!???
WHY AM I BEING SCARED OF A ROMANCE MANGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!????
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I think that this is a Romance Manga in the same way that Doki Doki Literature Club was a dating sim.

Dex-chan lover
Holy shit you literally can see the rad flag all the way!!!!!
Still hot though
iu

Dex-chan lover
One thing that people might be overlooking is that this interaction somewhat reflects how Japanese people are.
(Just more dramatic obviously haha)

By this, I don't mean to say that "Japanese are suspicious of everything," but rather, they rarely express themselves directly. It's all about subtle cues, gestures, and mastering the art of reading between the lines to navigate society.
This is the famous 空気を読む (kuuki-wo-yomu (reading the air/room)

This is why the mother and sister are reacting awkwardly despite not much being said, particularly since being women adds another layer of importance to picking up on these subtle nuances.
It's a good thing that communicating with hints and ambiguities while not directly saying anything never leads to misunderstandings and regrets.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
As of this moment there's two possible futures, either an Oyakodon, or the wife selected the guy to impregnate her daughter and is eager to see her nephew.
Technically it would be her grandchild, and possibly stepchild. I don't think half-child is a thing.

Dex-chan lover
It's a good thing that communicating with hints and ambiguities while not directly saying anything never leads to misunderstandings and regrets.
Welcome to Japanese Communication 101.

IMO, this is one of the BIGGEST HURDLE when interacting with Japanese. (+honne–tatemae)

And why, if you ask 90% of Foreigners who live in Japan about their circle of friends, they'll likely mention either "Other Foreigners" or "Japanese people who have been abroad or are interested in Western culture" As interacting with locals without constantly missing stuff is hard unless you spend a fuckton living there.

This is why I get how the Mother and Sister would be able to pic that something's off. Albeit in an overdramatic fashion.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Does it feel forced to anyone else? What did she say that was so weird or off-putting? She just seems shy and reserved to me.
Absolutely. I feel like the author is just speeding through the 'family finding out the son/brother's new wife and daughter is crazy' arc by giving them sixth sense or just paranoia from watching too much drama.

A lot of communication depends on the tone used, and while we don't know that in a written medium we can see their expressions remain relatively normal throughout the interactions. Touko's "do you wanna make a baby' is a bit weird sure, but would you normally jump to "they're blackmailing my brother!"? I feel like it's really out of the left field to jump to such extremities for someone she just met.

As for the mom, they know she's a meek/reserved person. A simple "I see" which is normally acceptable for a casual conversation is received as "Eh? That's all?" like she was supposed to show more interest in someone else's husband.

But sure, women intuition and what not. For me it feels forced/rush and a rather poor buildup. Doesn't really matter in the end since I'm here for the crazy shit and not amazing literature. :pacman:

Aggregator gang
I hope nothing bad happens to the guy and his family, he need to get away from them crazy hoes

Users who are viewing this thread