“Okaeri, Papa” - Ch. 18 - Rift

Oh we're judging people based on how they looks like now? Would you do that to black people or asian?

Like I get it since we're the reader and we know the truth but she doesn't. She has no reason to be this angry
I think it’s understandable from her perspective (she seems immature af lol) since she thinks there some wrong with the mother daughter combo. She was just super worried and reacted that way because of her personality.

Now, the better question is if that was warranted. Again, from her perspective the only thing she has is suspicions with no proof. Aside from face reactions she has nothing to prove what she’s thinking about the behaviors the duo.

So in my opinion, that slap wasn’t warranted but I can understand why she would do that.

Now, what she said to the brother is something an immature dumbass and narcissist would do.

Dex-chan lover
1) refresh my memory then
I think you're trolling at this point. Either trolling, or physically incapable of following the story. Either way, I'm not wasting my time putting it all together.
2) he literally does.
Right...
3) no lol. Now you're making things up
'Course I am.
4) exactly. Then why the fuck did the mother leave the baby to pick up a phone call then?
Because there was an important phone call, and her brother was around to handle the baby.
You're clueless kid.
Goebbles would be proud.

Dex-chan lover
I think you're trolling at this point. Either trolling, or physically incapable of following the story. Either way, I'm not wasting my time putting it all together.

Right...

'Course I am.

Because there was an important phone call, and her brother was around to handle the baby.

Goebbles would be proud.
Love how you're not evem trying to answer my final question lol 😂

I know you're not gonna answer this but I'll try anyway in case you're dumb enough. So the phone call is more important than her baby?

Dex-chan lover
1) and how are you gonna build that relationship if you can't even trust them?

2) the baby is safe. Did you read a different chapter where the baby got into an accident or something?

3) funny how you're holding the mc to a higher standard than the actual mother lol. Here's a better idea, why doesn't the mum keep an eye on the baby?
1) The most basic thing is to give it more time, spend more time together. Relations aren't instantly built, Chika, Touko and her mom barely met, and in that little time Chika got weird vibe from them, especially when Touko asked Hiroto if he wanted a child. Not every person is a good one, Chika likes her brother so it makes sense she has her guard against these people, and only time and interacting with them she can change her opinion.

2) Yes the baby safe, thankfully. What is your point you're trying to make?

3) I'm holding Hiroto to the standard he put himself in. His sister asked HIM to keep her baby, and he failed because he let Touko take the baby, didn't stay with her and keep his eyes away from his sister's baby. Again, Chika asked Hiroto, not Touko, not Touko's mother, but her brother Hiroto. Hiroto handing her baby to his stepdaughter don't magically absolve him of his responsibility he decided to take.

Dex-chan lover
1) The most basic thing is to give it more time, spend more time together. Relations aren't instantly built, Chika, Touko and her mom barely met, and in that little time Chika got weird vibe from them, especially when Touko asked Hiroto if he wanted a child. Not every person is a good one, Chika likes her brother so it makes sense she has her guard against these people, and only time and interacting with them she can change her opinion.

2) Yes the baby safe, thankfully. What is your point you're trying to make?

3) I'm holding Hiroto to the standard he put himself in. His sister asked HIM to keep her baby, and he failed because he let Touko take the baby, didn't stay with her and keep his eyes away from his sister's baby. Again, Chika asked Hiroto, not Touko, not Touko's mother, but her brother Hiroto. Hiroto handing her baby to his stepdaughter don't magically absolve him of his responsibility he decided to take.
1) exactly. That's why trying to slap her is stupid

2) so why is she angry then? So angry that she's about to slap her? That's the thing we're criticizing. She's acting like the baby is being put into danger on purpose. They got lost. And even then she still had the decency to get away from the crowd to make it easier for them to be found and even calm the baby down. But this bitch decided to return the favor by slapping her?

3) of course it doesn't. But again, the baby is safe. Nothing happened to it. Read point number two you absolute tard 😭. Do you have short term memory loss or something?

You're acting like he just left the baby with a random pedophile or something. They're his family. His stepdaughter and wife. Why shouldn't he trust them with the kid? Same way she trusted him with her baby. Use you brain bozo

Dex-chan lover
Love how you're not evem trying to answer my final question lol
Yeah, no point. Either you don't care what the answer is, or you don't really have the IQ needed to put it together in the first place. You're still asking why she had no problems leaving the baby with her brother (Or why she left the baby with the girl? I don't know).

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
1) exactly. That's why trying to slap her is stupid

2) so why is she angry then? So angry that she's about to slap her? That's the thing we're criticizing. She's acting like the baby is being put into danger on purpose. They got lost. And even then she still had the decency to get away from the crowd to make it easier for them to be found and even calm the baby down. But this bitch decided to return the favor by slapping her?

3) of course it doesn't. But again, the baby is safe. Nothing happened to it. Read point number two you absolute tard 😭. Do you have short term memory loss or something?

You're acting like he just left the baby with a random pedophile or something. They're his family. His stepdaughter and wife. Why shouldn't he trust them with the kid? Same way she trusted him with her baby. Use you brain bozo
1) I consider Chika trying to slap Touko to be an overreaction. But she is absolutely in her right to not trust Touko and her mom

2) She's angry because her baby was momentarily lost, due to her brother's inability to keep her baby safe in his arms. Worse, the baby is in the hand of someone she doesn't trust, and so she fears the worse.

3) Again, she specifically asked her brother because she didn't trust the others, she explicitly said this in this chapter. It didn't matter that nothing happened in the end to her baby, what mattered her brother failed to keep her baby to himself while she answered her phone. And what's more she even lashed at her brother for not understanding how she felt, she rightly pointed to him he couldn't understand her because he didn't have a child of his own. Touko wasn't his child, he didn't rear her since her infancy, he barely knew her maybe a month or two. He didn't made a baby of his own blood with a partner either. He didn't understand why his sister, a parent, was so fearful of her baby in the hands of a stranger whose intention she didn't know of and was suspicious of. Again, all of this are explained in this chapter.

Again, Chika trusted her brother because she knew him for years. She didn't know Touko and Miyako at all, and had no reason to give them her trust, in fact her gut feeling made her wary of them. Touko and Miyako being Hiroto's family a reason to blindly trust them is absurd. It's not because you trust someone that your family will automatically trust that someone, they can be skeptical (especially when you are the naïve/too trusting kind). Again, it was an error of Hiroto to not be at the baby's side at all times, since he accepted to keep the baby, it's not Touko's responsibility, Hiroto can't just transfer his responsibility to her, he was the one who got entrusted the baby, because once again Chika didn't trust his "family". And guess what, her gut feeling was right, last page showed the mother smiling. What kind of person would smile like that in that situation?

Finally, what's your problem? I've been arguing with you in good faith and respectfully, but you can't even extend that to me.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, no point. Either you don't care what the answer is, or you don't really have the IQ needed to put it together in the first place. You're still asking why she had no problems leaving the baby with her brother (Or why she left the baby with the girl? I don't know).
No. I'm asking you to give one valid reason for her to slap the girl. Simple question dumbo

Dex-chan lover
1) I consider Chika trying to slap Touko to be an overreaction. But she is absolutely in her right to not trust Touko and her mom

2) She's angry because her baby was momentarily lost, due to her brother's inability to keep her baby safe in his arms. Worse, the baby is in the hand of someone she doesn't trust, and so she fears the worse.

3) Again, she specifically asked her brother because she didn't trust the others, she explicitly said this in this chapter. It didn't matter that nothing happened in the end to her baby, what mattered her brother failed to keep her baby to himself while she answered her phone. And what's more she even lashed at her brother for not understanding how she felt, she rightly pointed to him he couldn't understand her because he didn't have a child of his own. Touko wasn't his child, he didn't rear her since her infancy, he barely knew her maybe a month or two. He didn't made a baby of his own blood with a partner either. He didn't understand why his sister, a parent, was so fearful of her baby in the hands of a stranger whose intention she didn't know of and was suspicious of. Again, all of this are explained in this chapter.

Again, Chika trusted her brother because she knew him for years. She didn't know Touko and Miyako at all, and had no reason to give them her trust, in fact her gut feeling made her wary of them. Touko and Miyako being Hiroto's family a reason to blindly trust them is absurd. It's not because you trust someone that your family will automatically trust that someone, they can be skeptical (especially when you are the naïve/too trusting kind). Again, it was an error of Hiroto to not be at the baby's side at all times, since he accepted to keep the baby, it's not Touko's responsibility, Hiroto can't just transfer his responsibility to her, he was the one who got entrusted the baby, because once again Chika didn't trust his "family". And guess what, her gut feeling was right, last page showed the mother smiling. What kind of person would smile like that in that situation?

Finally, what's your problem? I've been arguing with you in good faith and respectfully, but you can't even extend that to me.
1) thank you. That's all. She overreacted. Idk how much she doesn't trust that girl but nothing makes the slap sensible.

2) the baby is safe. That's all that matters. She overreacted by trying to slap and bringing up the topic of having a biological children. That's all

3) she overreacted. That's all. Stop yapping bro. Nothing you say would make the slap sensible.

Power Uploader
We don't see the dating/matchmaking site, but you'd swear on a stack of bibles that she's got his info from there. 🤷‍♂️
Chapter 1 page 6. Hiroto near "Wedding agency".
We don't know, what Miyako get Hiroto's and other men's data from here, but Hiroto could leave some about yourself and she could get it.
Or mangaka just draw this for lulz

Dex-chan lover
Chapter 1 page 6. Hiroto near "Wedding agency".
We don't know, what Miyako get Hiroto's and other men's data from here, but Hiroto could leave some about yourself and she could get it.
Or mangaka just draw this for lulz
No agency. He seems to be on a train. The sign says "Searching for marriage", or something to that effect. Impossible to know without the full message.

Why would he? Would you tell everyone you were looking for a wife on a dating app if you just "naturally" met a girl? Especially in Japan where image is so important.

She also saves her classmate, who is a grade A piece of shit, from an abusive mother. And the mangaka does the thing again where he doesn't show what happens. That guy could just as easily be her real dad as a stalker. Re-read that chapter thinking its her dad instead of a creep and see what I mean.

They are sus, and definitely have an agenda. I just don't think it's going to be as devious as everyone thinks, and the mangaka is going to do a "see don't be so judgemental" twist in the end.
Hi! A YouTuber called Chibi Reviews brought me here.

I just wanted to say I'm rooting for the way you're interpting the story so far. I agree with all your points and I believe you know what you're talking about.

Also I just want to say that I like a subversion of expectations in stories and other media. There's really not that much new under the sun and I don't want to just assume all hints are going to lead to the same trainwreck of an ending that everyone thinks it's going to be. I want there to be red herrings, plot twists, and random U-turns in the story.

Specifically, I feel more inclined to believe the daughter is running the darker side of the show and the mom doesn't know everything. This is based off the scene where all three meet together for the first time. The mom seems suprised and embarassed of how forward she is. No, I don't think it's an act. I haven't seen that angle explored yet in the comments here.

Why the kinky username? I just think I'd love to see the daughter be spanked and we pirates love the booty. She's such a huge tease! LOL I can't wait for the next chapter!

Dex-chan lover
Hi! A YouTuber called Chibi Reviews brought me here.

I just wanted to say I'm rooting for the way you're interpting the story so far. I agree with all your points and I believe you know what you're talking about.

Also I just want to say that I like a subversion of expectations in stories and other media. There's really not that much new under the sun and I don't want to just assume all hints are going to lead to the same trainwreck of an ending that everyone thinks it's going to be. I want there to be red herrings, plot twists, and random U-turns in the story.

Specifically, I feel more inclined to believe the daughter is running the darker side of the show and the mom doesn't know everything. This is based off the scene where all three meet together for the first time. The mom seems suprised and embarassed of how forward she is. No, I don't think it's an act. I haven't seen that angle explored yet in the comments here.

Why the kinky username? I just think I'd love to see the daughter be spanked and we pirates love the booty. She's such a huge tease! LOL I can't wait for the next chapter!
If the story doesn't play it straight, it'd be a serious case of the author overplaying his hand. Like ItaiAmai's author insisting we trust FMC despite the fact that he drew her cheating, repeatedly, right in front of our faces.

Dex-chan lover
The one right move was not to read
now we're stuck here, in this wreck-wagon :meguupog:

wargames-quote-not-to-play.jpg

Great concept, poor execution. Like many manga with attempted smart protags and attempted plots, it fails to have anyone else other than the person making the plot even vaguely intelligent or rational.

I feel like sis overreacted based on everything we’ve seen. To be honest, this didn’t seem like much of a “plan” to me and I don’t see how this outcome would be something they’d have gambled to get to. I’ll have to admit though that it clearly worked out well for the scheming duo. Clearly they want to separate this poor bastard from his supportive family, even though they don’t see each other very often.

I’m also disappointed that we didn’t get any answers about the sister, her sus phone call and her presumed affair.

At this point all I’m hoping for is an explanation of why the mom and daughter are like this in the first place. They are enjoying this way too much for it to just be about money.
See thats kind of the problem I have as well. The "plan" basically only works if the sister specifically does this, and nothing else. Its not even like the psychos are that good at manipulating others, they arent doing ANYTHING. They're just wandering around and everyone else forgets how to use their eyes, or their heads.

Dex-chan lover
See thats kind of the problem I have as well. The "plan" basically only works if the sister specifically does this, and nothing else. Its not even like the psychos are that good at manipulating others, they arent doing ANYTHING. They're just wandering around and everyone else forgets how to use their eyes, or their heads.
It's not even a good plan even with the sister doing this. If this was the goal, it's weird they assume he'd side against his own flesh and blood for that creepy step-daughter who had no business vanishing with an infant in the first place. A more likely scenario was the sister slaps her, then he tries to appease her. No, instead, we have him lose every last brain cell in his skull and openly wonder why his sister is upset the creepy girl disappeared with her baby.

Users who are viewing this thread