“Okaeri, Papa” - Ch. 19 - Discord

Supporter
I can’t wait for the next chapter. I’m hoping that the wife will give us readers a long awaited hint at what the scheming pair really want and where this might be headed.

Dex-chan lover
..She might as well be blind, deaf, crippled, and crazy, as far as some people would be concerned.
as trade of for Oyakodon? I would say worth it.
it could actually be possible with home office, homeschooling (Touko is a top student) and the minimum social contact would help with jealousy (anti-yandere)

Banned
Little late to realise that you have natural instincts to procreate after all pal.
maybe you should have realised that before you married a woman who is obviously too old to have any more kids.
I mean you had several months to realise that she wouldn't be able to have kids. The thought seriously never crossed his mind before this? It's not like his wife hid her age.
You've already gotten married dude.

Banned
The flashback where they are criticising him for dating a single mother at his age is harsh as hell. Not sure it's the same in Japan but, here in the West, the reality of dating post-thirty is dating single parents.

If he was a Japanese Chad or Tyrone then maybe a younger woman would be an option. But average salaryman-san? Yeah, not likely. Not unless there was a massive red flag or two.... like... in this manga, case and point.

Also, thanks for the translation.
you can at least date single mothers who aren't barren though.

Little late to realise that you have natural instincts to procreate after all pal.
maybe you should have realised that before you married a woman who is obviously too old to have any more kids.
I mean you had several months to realise that she wouldn't be able to have kids. The thought seriously never crossed his mind before this? It's not like his wife hid her age.
You've already gotten married dude.
I mean, he didn't think about having kids before, so her age and fertility weren't factors.. You're kind of sucking and blowing here. The real winning move is to not marry spinsters and single mothers in the first place.

No one dates a woman and considers getting married to them without thinking about having kids. You'd need to be braindamaged for that to happen.
Yes. MC is brain damaged. Very astute observation there. This whole manga is about MC making a series of bad decisions, then doubling down when, surprise surprise, they blow up in his face. He didn't want kids, and he got trapped my a stalker. The moment he thought about it, it turns out he wants kids. This man would rather be killed by a black widow than sit down and actually think about anything for more than a few seconds.

Honestly, do you think you'd be in this situation you'd been in his shoes?

Dex-chan lover
you can at least date single mothers who aren't barren though.
Fairly sure that not the sort of thing that comes up in conversation until after you are properly courting and are already emotionally invested. And, again, that's the reality of dating post-thirty. Menopause hits as early as the early thirties. We are only reliably fertile up to thirty. Not post thirty.

There is a reason why men have the peak of their sex drives at 21. The females your age are now fully grown and at the height of fertility. Nature wants you making babies at 20, not 30.

Banned
Fairly sure that not the sort of thing that comes up in conversation until after you are properly courting and are already emotionally invested. And, again, that's the reality of dating post-thirty. Menopause hits as early as the early thirties. We are only reliably fertile up to thirty. Not post thirty.

There is a reason why men have the peak of their sex drives at 21. The females your age are now fully grown and at the height of fertility. Nature wants you making babies at 20, not 30.
one of the common , pretty early questions when you start dating someone beyond your early 20s is "do you want to have kids?" and most women at that point would mention if they can't have anymore kids because of a health problem. Most 30 year olds can manage another 2 kids.
also, nature wants you to start having babies young and continue for as long as you can provide for them.

Dex-chan lover
Dude did literally everything wrong, and he knows it. Maybe pay attention.

He marries a single mother: Dumb
He lets her creepy daughter cling to him: Dumb
He ignores his family's warnings: Dumb
He hears his sister doesn't trust the creepy daughter, then gives said sister's baby to daughter: Dumb
He immediately lets creepy daughter and baby out of his sight: Dumb
He tells sister to "Calm down" after he lets creepy daughter kidnap baby: Dumb

This story only works because MC is a high-functioning retard.

Single mom. Creepy daughter. That's two ways right there.

Single mom. Creepy Daughter. Sister says she doesn't trust them. He doesn't either. Gives baby to creepy daughter despite literally everyone's problems with it.

This entire story is about how the man is being manipulated by what appears to be a black widow and her psycho daughter. The guy's family sees this problem, then warns him about it. Psycho Oyakodon is now attempting to isolate him from his family.

If you don't see the problems here, you are a prime target for abuse.

No.
Uh whats the problem with being a single mom? That's a weird complaint. Also, of course he's not gonna listen to his family when they've been kinda shitting on him his whole life.

Dex-chan lover
No one dates a woman and considers getting married to them without thinking about having kids. You'd need to be braindamaged for that to happen.

It sure happens a lot of times. Human change life views change maybe he didn't want children and thought he never would like children. This wish started blooming when he saw his sister's child.
Also, I don't like his family they don't consider his feelings and just want to force their worldview on him, sure his wife and daughter are maybe a little crazy but his family doesn't even believe he CAN live for himself, such a family isn't that much better.
Also, his sister went way too crazy for her child to be with, and even if crazy yandere, family. It's not like she wants to kill the child or harm it, this is way too bad fabricated drama to make the Daughter and Wife look bad and the Sister and mother caring but it's BS. What should the daughter have done, put the child down and leave cause his sister doesn't like her? In my eyes, his sister is in the wrong and has overreacted.

Dex-chan lover
one of the common , pretty early questions when you start dating someone beyond your early 20s is "do you want to have kids?" and most women at that point would mention if they can't have anymore kids because of a health problem. Most 30 year olds can manage another 2 kids.
also, nature wants you to start having babies young and continue for as long as you can provide for them.
Most women can? I wouldn't count on it unless you can afford a lot of IVF treatments.

Uh whats the problem with being a single mom?
Everything. Did you want an exhaustive list, or a top 20? I'll start with the big, obvious one: The relationship comes pre-cucked.
Also, of course he's not gonna listen to his family when they've been kinda shitting on him his whole life.
If this bit of advice is representative of all their other advice, then it sounds like they've done nothing but look out for his best interests.
Also, I don't like his family they don't consider his feelings and just want to force their worldview on him, sure his wife and daughter are maybe a little crazy but his family doesn't even believe he CAN live for himself, such a family isn't that much better.
He got hitched to a creepy single mom and daughter combo, among other things. He's kind of proving he can't be trusted with anything sharper than a cotton ball.

What should the daughter have done, put the child down and leave cause his sister doesn't like her?
Not kidnap the child.

Users who are viewing this thread