“Okaeri, Papa” - Ch. 19 - Discord

Dex-chan lover
Bro bro, please don’t go full on neckbeard incel on us. There’s nothing wrong with a good single mother, especially with an older man.
I imagine other than the husband dying or a deadbeat dad (or a rare case when someone chooses to be a single mother and just gets it from a sperm bank), a 'single mother' is prolly more uncommon in JP than the west so it's prolly even more looked down on (tho other than finding a rich second partner, most single mothers prolly aren't prioritizing finding a new partner versus babysitter while they're working part time jobs, assuming the school systems/clubs can't also help take care of a kid while ppl are earning money before they're old enough to stay at home by themselves)

(tho i wonder if there have been scenes where a random street pickup artist is hitting on an older woman and deterred when they say 'i'm a single mom' lol)

Dex-chan lover
Nah I just wanted genuine reasons aside from normal incel shit.
That "normal incel shit" is a brief summary of the complicated evolutionary pressures involved in people's instinctive repulsion to single mothers, and other such low-quality mates. But if this is the level of discussion you're looking for, you'll never get any answers you're satisfied with. Being this... you... just makes people stop answering you, since it's clear you're not interested in listening to anything anyone says unless it's packaged in a way you like.

And as you've seen, it even looks like you just wanted a chance to virtue signal.

Dex-chan lover
Nah I just wanted genuine reasons aside from normal incel shit.
I don't think it's inherently bad but you do have the right to turn down a single mother as well (on the flip side some women go crazy over single dads lol)/i imagine most guys in their 20s wouldn't rly consider a serious relationship with an older woman despite the 'milf' memes/trends (even tho they planned it they did properly introduce touka to the MC, versus "Btw i have a daughter" like 2 weeks into being married lol. Although a childless woman who wants to get married eventually might still consider partners on who would be a 'good father' too rather than just a good bf/husband)

Dex-chan lover
I agree, BUT... you can see in Chapter 16 Page 15 where he says "No matter who I brought home in the past you always complained. ... Isn't it time to let your brother live on his own?" and on the next page she says (before being interrupted) "IT'S DIFFERENT! THIS TIME I...".

Why shouldn't he think that this is just one more time that his sister is shitting all over his choice in women?

His family seems to have had nothing but criticism for how he's lived and the choices he's made.
There's little reason, especially when you look at her previous statements, to look at that as anything other than concern. She's always been there for him because he's always been there for her. A sister who looks up to and idolizes her older brother who she's very close to saying "you can do better than that, bro" is, while not exactly affirming, not shitting all over his choices. You can read it as overprotective and stifling, but it's hard to do that when they have such a close relationship, as has been demonstrated. He talks back to her and sees through her; realizing that she's the most concerned for others when she's under stress. That's not a relationship where he feels stifled and degraded, its close and formed through mutual reliance.

Two lines that happened pre series. Where they judged these ladies due to their circumstances, not after meeting them.

Whether we and they now know they might be right doesn’t change they disrespected his choices, and looked down on people he grew to care about. Is all I’m saying.
Oh, you're not wrong. I just think that its common and realistic for people to think multiple things and for them to not fully communicate the full extent of their thoughts. While those may have been judgements that they had before they met them, they're also not shown to be their feelings when we're introduced to them, when they meet, or when we see what they think. He's recalling these statements now, because he's feeling deeply hurt by his sister and thus tying things in the past together with the pain he feels now. But their actions haven't been ones of disapproval, they've been welcoming and open with the wife and stepdaughter. It's just that they're crazy and his family can tell.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
yes, see :
First off, I'm not dumb enough to click on links provided by random strangers on the internet.
Secondly, I have enough first hand real life experience to know the reality of the situation. And I've dealt with enough tears from my peers to know that leaving it late carries real risks of remaining childless.

Dating post-thirty is not simple. Especially when you have to factor in the time taken to build a relationship to the point you'd consider having his baby. Early-thirties quickly turns into mid-thirties before having a baby is even a real consideration for the relationship, despite the time constraints.

Either way, it's obvious our world views are too different, so lets just agree to disagree. I know what I've experiences and seen, so I'm not going to debate this further.

Dex-chan lover
also, congrats on the 100k copies. Must be awkward if there are some young female fans who have a copy and a step dad who might browse thru it tho lol

Dex-chan lover
Go back and read the earlier chapters. These are the two things he's remembering them say now, but the established pattern is that they're concerned. His sister has spent the last 8 worried that the two are planning to blackmail him because she finds all the things the daughter is saying really creepy. His mom wants him to slow down with the marriage, she's worried he's moving too fast.

OK, a recap:

• started with Miyako's health issues, awkward but nobody asked more questions (I would is important, because Miyako is family now).
  • next after playing with Minato, Touko asks "Dad, Do you want to make a Baby?"I don't know if the Translation is correct, but my brain would make "Dad, Do you want to make a Baby with Mama/Miyako?". (maybe I'm not pervert enough, but Chika and Hiroto taking Touko words seriously.) We don't know how bad Miyako's health issues are, because nobody speaks about it
  • now Chika thinks Touko is strange and could Blackmail MC. (why? they live together Touko had better chances weeks(?) ago, and Chika is now present but Ok Chika is irrational because it is her Bro)
  • Chika makes the mistake, to google about Stepdaughters (strain++)
  • Chika speaks with her Mother, about Hiroto's marriage standard worry's (too fast, Money, Children etc.).
  • Chika talks about Touko strange sentence, her Mother is more awkward and is not paranoid like Chika.
  • (before with Hiroto) Chika is alone with Touko Shopping, Touko asks about Chika's Pregnancy Chika is more once again paranoid and tense. (is Chika a loner? every Girls/Women asks about Pregnancy).
  • Touko asks if she was Happy during Pregnancy, Chika's response "I think I was Happy". (feels more like a lie)
  • Touko touched Chika's tummy and asks "What about Now? are you Happy?" (OK, this creepy. without the touch it would be a normal Question)
  • Hiroto is back = classic interruption, he asks about the tense mood, but Chika said nothing (a family pattern, nobody says anything).
  • Chika texts with her Mother how strange Miyako and Touko are (but again nobody speaks with Hiroto)
  • after some Flashbacks, Chika tries to speak with Hiroto, but he ignores her warnings (because Chika was always against his Girlfriends).
  • Hiroto tries to live his live (after he "sacrifice" for both)
  • Chika tries to tell him her Problems, but Touko interrupt both (again Chika said nothing).
  • Chika has a mental breakdown in her room, stalker/past affair etc. calls her non-stop. (Chika's past is interesting).
  • at the Festival, Chika has a Brocon moment.
  • Chika get a important "Part-Time Job" call, and left Minato with Hiroto and will soon return.
  • Hiroto has problems with Minato, and Touko asks if she could hold him.
  • Hiroto hesitates, but he trusts Chika's "soon".
  • Hiroto watched Touko&Minato, but Miyako "distract" him (or he watched only Miyako).
  • after a big announcement, Touko&Minato get lost in the fast big crowd (Hiroto's fault, Touko was behind him)
  • Chika's important "Part-Time Job" call ended, at the same time, she was frustrated?
  • Chika had a outburst (proper reaction),
  • Touko forgot her Smartphone.
  • Hiroto found both, Minato asleep.
  • Chika frightened Minato with her panic-attack (common mistake, for new Parents).
  • Chika is angry about Touko's "fake" apology and tears (this was dumb from Chika, frightened Teen tries to apologies).
  • Chika has an outburs and physically attack Touko, Hiroto stopped her (was a slap, but still disgusting as adult).
  • Hiroto tries de-escalation (shame, he suck at speaking and Touko/ Miyako have other plans).
  • Miyako apologies for Touko as mother, Chika is still angry and sees them as strangers (is dumb, because their are Family but this Forum has disgusting User thinking Stepfamily, a single Mothers are useless etc.).
  • Hiroto takes responsibility, and calls Chika insane (she is insane/restless, because her live is shit).
  • Chika attack Hiroto childlessness (with Miyako's health issues, this was evil, and even as Sister unforgivable).
  • Chika tries to apologize, but fireworks. (Part-Time Job for fireworks?).

Ok at the end only Chika tried to speak with Hiroto, but the Problem: the whole Family sucks at speaking.

Dex-chan lover
Bro is just unlucky , he isnt a creep so he actually finds and loves a woman his age (single mother , so what?) .
Its just his luck that he got a yandere combo (srsly who the fuck would know this shit,we only know because we are seeing the story from a reader perspective) and his family is picky as shit , bro literally drew aggro from the parents expectations just so the lil sis can do whatever the fuck she wanted and the fact she said that shit to his face is pretty fucked.
And even if the yandere combo is fucked in the head , they still love the guy so…who cares ?

Dex-chan lover
There's little reason, especially when you look at her previous statements, to look at that as anything other than concern. She's always been there for him because he's always been there for her. A sister who looks up to and idolizes her older brother who she's very close to saying "you can do better than that, bro" is, while not exactly affirming, not shitting all over his choices. You can read it as overprotective and stifling, but it's hard to do that when they have such a close relationship, as has been demonstrated. He talks back to her and sees through her; realizing that she's the most concerned for others when she's under stress. That's not a relationship where he feels stifled and degraded, its close and formed through mutual reliance.
What matters here is the MC's POV, not ours. We're OBSERVING the events and emotions, not the ones involved.

If we take the MC's word here (which his sister didn't try to dispute but just said that This Time It's Different), his sister has criticized EVERY SINGLE FEMALE that he brought over, and mostly (at least has HE perceives it) for dumb shit like "her makeup is smudged" or some other trash reason. Why should he consider ANY her criticism of a woman he likes (let alone married) as anything OTHER than shitting on his choice in women? That's what it appears to have ALWAYS been up to this point. (And did her actions result in his relationships breaking up? We don't know but if so then there would be even more resentment.)

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT HER INTERNAL MOTIVE IS. In his eyes she's only a nag when it comes to his women and NOTHING that she has done up to this point would lead him to think otherwise. At some point when all a person does is nag you just stop listening to them.

Last edited:
Objectively this guy is just impotent and powerless within his own life which is the only reason those two can manipulate him so well. Dunno what's gonna happen to him but it's hard to feel bad when he's lying in a bed of his own making here. He translates genuine concern to patronization (the difference is obvious) due to his insecurity and silently resents his family while failing to communicate his umbrage with the situation.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread