“Okaeri, Papa” - Ch. 20 - Allurement

Dex-chan lover
I dont get why the sister is so bothered by them having sex to the point of throwing up…
I think the sister has a brother complex.

He was always there for her and her mom. They took him for granted and took advantage of him.
Previous chapters hinted that she may not be happily married. It was hinted that she may even be cheating.
I think she sees her brother as the ideal man. After they grew up and went their separate ways, she tried to fill the void with a husband but failed. She tried to fill the void with a child, but that didn't do it either. She tried to fill the void with an affair, only to realize that that no-one can truly replace him.

Seeing her brother seemingly happy in his new family (without her) has put her on edge. He seems to have been able to find the fulfillment in marriage without her that she wasn't able to find without him. Seeing him banging his wife was just the nail in the coffin to drive the point home. He is not hers anymore - he is happy with someone else.

He has traded an overbearing mother and sister for an affectionate wife and stepdaughter. She has traded her overly compliant brother for a working husband who is not around all the time to do everything for her and a son she has to invest effort to care for. The men who partake in affairs of married women are also not the type to kiss her ass the way her brother used to. She feels like she got the worse deal here and his happiness only highlights her unhappiness.

---

If we want to speculate further:
This is her weakness and the yandere oyakodon duo were smart enough to realize this. They are using this to stage situations that will trigger her to flip out in front of her brother in order to drive a rift between them. They're manipulating her into pushing him closer to them: she will hurt him - and they will comfort him. He'll also have lost his trust in the one person most likely to see the red flags in his relationship with his wife and stepdaughter. If his sister ever tries to call them out on their bullshit, he won't believe the crazy sister and will side with his loving wife and stepdaughter instead. By the time he comes to his senses, they'll already have established the new normal and tied him down with a child.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
......And the moat is officially closed. Even if its really heavy.....honestly people in the dumps and darkness will take any light and liferope they get.

Pretty much sister no longer has chance to fix things. Plus looking at what is subtly hinted during previous chapters, she hid some worse shit around.

I think the sister has a brother complex.

Paragraphs to explain her brother complex

That.....is probably the most neutral take of this arc so far that makes perfect sense.

Hooboi looks like sister will be 'executed' in near future just like that girl with the stalker.
....not gonna lie, as morbid as the incoming car crash is, this dark comedy is pretty addicitve and familiar feeling tbh.

Dex-chan lover
other than her and the daughter using a guest room surprised they weren't sharing a room to begin with lol

Tho even in normal circumstances unless you had thick/soundproof walls i imagine most ppl wouldn't hookup when they're at their parents/in laws places

I dont get why the sister is so bothered by them having sex to the point of throwing up…
isn't it implied she's pregnant again (with her affair partner)? or maybe it's just leftover morning sickness or the stress or so
(altho on ch 11 it looked like she might've been going to the bathroom to do so even before she saw them), if not just disgusted of herself for thinking about her affair

Dex-chan lover
I'm wondering how the author will resolve the cliffhanger at the end of the chapter. Will Touko simply get up and leave? Will Chika walk past her, pretending not to notice? If Chika weren't bound by manga conventions, she'd probably react reasonably and shout, "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!" However, given she is a manga character, I have no idea what the author has planned for this situation.

Thanks for the chapter!
I wouldn't be surprised if it time skipped to the next morning/afternoon and they left/she didn't address it or thought "it was a dream" and then they both give her a knowing smile when they say goodbye lol

Dex-chan lover
I thought they would do with the lights off, then she would change places with the daughter without him noticing.
imagine if it started off with him being frustrated or somehow agreeing to wearing some kinda chastity belt or so and then trapping him in impregnating his stepdaughter that way lol XD

Dex-chan lover
People are so fucking retarded nowadays understanding a manga isn't that easy it seems
B/c they're speed reading it one handed ;P
If only red flags weren't so hot :aquadrink:
I mean, it's not like his life was 'amazing' before so idk if there'd be much to ruin/at this point he'd prolly be more miserable if he got a sudden divorce and they ran off, even if they didn't 'get rid' of him lol (tho surprised they wouldn't do more in the way of research someone with /no/ family as a way to not have anyone question it if it did end up 'failing' and they had to disappear/move on)

it would be nice if the author's other yandere works were completed so we could know on whether they prefer giving the 'villain' a happy end haha

Dex-chan lover
It’s strange. If you take away his sister and step-daughter peeping, and, you know, the overwhelming dread we’re all feeling in general…

You’re left with a guy feeling seen (maybe for the first time by anyone) by his new wife and a big romantic and passionate gesture.

Such a bizarre juxtaposition.
except we know she and the daughter are scamming him so it's not that romantic at all, but i would like if by the end of the story they end up loving him properly

dcc.jpg

ABSOLUTE CINEMA

Dex-chan lover
Okay the sister has no fucking right to talk shit about any of this. She's just a little whore herself and god knows if even the first kid is her husband's. Not to mention that second kid is definitely her lover's which is why she's acting so distraught and jumpy with our FMCs. She's fucking manipulating her husband of course she would sniff out other women doing the same.

Not liking her one bit eventhough she's kind of right with the FMCs (emphasis on kinda as I don't think those two are trapping the MC for his money or anything.. They must have some other criteria based on that checklist Miyako had before she went for the MC).

I don't want her to die obviously cause, come on, poor kids (born and unborn).

Im kinda getting strange feelings from this series, this shit is just so fucked up and it is just a building for what is coming next

Dex-chan lover
people in these comments seriously trying to act like the MC needs to have god level omniscience to figure out whats going on

his daughter has obviously tried to get him to lay a hand on her multiple times, for blackmail or whatever purpose, he clearly knows she's fucked up yet gives away his sisters baby anyway? he immediately rejects the idea of the wife being a swindler because he plainly is broken and needs the relationship to work so its clear he is just ignoring the obvious red flags lol

i mean come on the mother and sister have had like 3 interactions with them and can both tell something is clearly wrong, the fact that the mc is choosing to ignore it doesn't mean he shouldn't be able to see what's happening, hence people saying he needs to grow a spine lmafo

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread