“Okaeri, Papa” - Vol. 2 Ch. 14 - Suspicion

Double-page supporter
Im not going to lie I didn’t see any issues when she asked those question I mean yea she is crazy but any teenager girl can be curious about pregnancy. If you know what the issue was with that please tell me so I can understand.

Dex-chan lover
So, the mother can't have anymore kids, the daughter is asking about kids, and in that extra chapter where they all meet for the first time, the girl say to the mom, "he is the right one" and something about being happy together while holdding hands under the table, yep the mom is in on this.
What chapter is this?

Double-page supporter
Dex-chan lover
Dex-chan lover
How is babby formed?
They need to do way instain mother> who kill thier babbys, becuse these babby cant fright back?

It was on the news this mroing a mother in ar who had kill her three kids, they are taking the three babby back to new york too lady to rest. my pary are with the father who lost his chrilden ; i am truley sorry for your lots.

Aggregator gang
Just my two cents:

The mother is not "in on it." She wants to see her daughter accept her step-father as a dad and become a normal family (don't all single parents wish for this when they remarry?). She is there only because the story, quite literally, could not happen without her (notice that the mother has almost no voice in the story)!

The mother's infertility is there to imply that the daughter can give her step father something (i.e., a child) that her mother cannot, which suggests that the daughter sees herself as not just a "third wheel" in her parents' marriage (this also answers a moral question as to whether the daughter's actions are "wrong," since she can point to the above and argue that the end justifies the means). In this case, making a child is the same as making a family.

The ONLY reason the mother's character stands out is because she is the only woman who is not portrayed as a potential target of her daughter's yandere disposition. However, I strongly suspect this will not remain true. I have no evidence from the story to support this suspicion, but it is typical of a yandere character to become more unhinged as the story progresses. So it is hard to believe that the daughter will remain content with the status-quo, as her step father continues to reject her and seek intimacy exclusively from her mother.

Lastly, the word "family" is likely overused in order to emphasize its myriad connotations. Chapters 13 and 14 both demonstrate that different characters (e.g., the step father's mother and sister) hold competing ideas of what constitutes a legitimate family. So I caution readers not to assume that just because two characters use the same word, that they are describing the same thing (particularly when this is used to argue that the mother and daughter are of one mind).

Dex-chan lover
Dex-chan lover
lmfao please don't bother this poor mans family cant you just be a secretly horny highschooler instead of like trying to isolate this poor man from his family lmao

Dex-chan lover
What I want to know is what happened with her biological dad and how was his relationship with Touko. I am sure there is something pretty fucked up with that.

OK this is weird, cant find it in English, but i just found it in spanish, and the situation is even worse than i remember it here you can look at it.

I'm not sure if a can put that link here, if i cant, i will delete it.
Looks like oyakodon is back on the menu boys

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread