Omae o Otaku ni Shiteyaru kara, Ore o Riajuu ni Shitekure! - Vol. 7 Ch. 35 - I love you...

Dex-chan lover
I understand it from emotional point of view, but I have a suspision "original" ending could be better from writing standpoint...

Aggregator gang
what a shocking confession! /s, now this will finally will be over, this had some fun moments but i wish they could shake the formula and actually end up with their romance targets or giving a "win" to the secondary love interest but instead we get the usual predictable plot that we could see coming since ch. 1.

Double-page supporter
I know it's manga drama syndrome but what a damn joke. Pretending people in this day and age actually give a shit about whether or not their classmates are Otaku coupled with the BS sob story and now everyone loves him, then there's this overblown confession that was SO SURPRISING. At least it's ending.

@Kwendy
Someone spoiled it a couple chapters back, and trust me, no it wasn't. It was pretty damn bad.

Group Leader
@Yautja
Well, you just don’t know how discrimination works and never actually experience it.
Almost every people judge others solely based on their appearance and label them one-sidedly because you can’t and don’t have the time to know every person you meet inside-out.
And how do they judge? It’s based on BS named COMMON SENSE.

Double-page supporter
@aerozext
Well, you just don’t know how discrimination works and never actually experience it.
HAHAHA! That is too rich. Yea. Just keep thinking that. I bet it's mighty convenient. Hypocrisy thy name is Aerozext. I cannot believe you're being so unironically hypocritical.
Almost every people judge others solely based on their appearance and label them one-sidedly because you can’t and don’t have the time to know every person you meet inside-out.
My point is this guy has a ridiculous persecution complex and that 95% of the side, main or background characters, while they may or may not like him and judge, could not be bothered to verbally give a shit or actually enact his unreasonable fears.
And how do they judge? It’s based on BS named COMMON SENSE.
Something you're clearly lacking. And judging solely on the basis of appearances is not common sense. So that explains why you're lacking it.

Step out a bit. You're clearly swinging for the hills cuz I shit on this mediocre manga you like and as such you're saying a lot of stupid shit.

MD@Home
Well, yay, I guess. It's a shame she never confessed to Suzuki, it would have felt less forced perhaps if that plotline was properly dealt with.

@Yautja
I think it is a well-established fact that otaku are not typically one of the cool guys of the school in Japan. Heck, the whole premise of this manga is about the divide between the "normies" and the otaku. It does not mean that all otaku are 100% guaranteed outcasts, but saying that the MC's fears are totally unfounded is also a stretch.

Double-page supporter
@pip25
Undoubtedly, but that does not mean they're harassed and ostracized. Most people don't really go out of their way to cause problems nowadays. While they may not generally be apart of popular groups, rampant bullying is not really a prevalent issue. For all it's archaic problems, Japan is catching up in that regards.

The only reason I ignored the premise of the manga up until now is because it hadn't become this overblown. Like honestly, confessing you're an Otaku on a stage of your peers is just as ridiculous as a gay kid announcing he's gay a prom in California. No one gives a shit. Anyways, they 100% unfounded because they're well past any reasonable fears given his history. If people had kidnapped and beat him or something crazy, or it was the 2000s when this issue tended to be more pronounced, that'd be one thing, but this is relatively modern manga. If you get hit by a car and are now afraid to go outside, your fears are unfounded. Just as he is unfounded in being outed because some cunts from middle school going through puberty decided to be cunts.

Contributor
What a crap story.

What's the point of manga like this one when you know exactly the end since ch.1, and it's not even enjoyable to read ?

Dex-chan lover
@Yautja lol you’re right there are people who won’t give a shit about someone coming out about an important hidden side like being gay but you’re seriously underestimating the stress people go through to reveal a secret like that and how important it is to them. It takes an empathetic person to care and if you or others aren’t, that’s fine. But to say “hey just come out already because we’re in the modern times” is a severe mistake when there are still many societal pressures and cultural difference that would render people like that unable to come out or even confront the fact that they might be gay themselves, even in a progressive state like california.

While I agree it seems overblown to end up revealing it on some kind of platform like mc did here, the whole point of this event was to ‘confess’. Japanese culture is super confession based in general and different from most other cultures in this regard so him announcing his otaku stuff on this platform makes sense to me. Necessary? No. But I’m okay with the flow of events.

Users who are viewing this thread