Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint - Ch. 37 - The Omniscient Sunfish (1)

Dex-chan lover
In the translation I read of the web novel it used fable and I thought that fit pretty well with later chapters, but as long as it stays consistent both are good.

@yoroshikue the story so far shortened: our protagonist Dokja spends last decade reading an online novel (ways of survival) every day that was written by unknown entity, by the time the novel ends Dokja is its the only reader for many years, as a "reward for loyalty" the author sends him a copy of entire text along with
Fourth Wall skill
Fourth wall is a very, very scary mofo disguised as a skill that you dont want to piss off
it can literaly eat transdimensional eldrich deities like some spicy noodles
, what Dokja didnt know is that the novel is not just a book
but a world script
Next after the last chapter is out the world is herebly no longer a "free place to live" and Dokja realizes that what happens around was written within a novel (ways of survival). The current timeline that Dokja founds himself in is when the protaginist of Ways of survival (Joong-Hyuk)is in his 3rd refression
its a major spoiler
Dokja exists only in this timeline
after Dokja "dies" and Joong-Hyuk realizes this he goes full blown mental for more then 10000 restarts
Dokja uses his knowledge from reading Ways of survival to survive and help the Joong to "clear the game" in this timeline but because of their meeting early in the story (after first scenario) Joong is acting more and more reckless to get stronger such as exploring tunel and using its safe zone (chapter 31) and going into theatre secret dungeon. Dokja knows that Joong in the novel has failed to clear the dungeon several times so he rushes to help, the theatre dungeon has a gimmic that it can transport anyone standing in front of a movie poster into a seperate world (movie world) like what happened with Dokja when he stepped in front of Jurasic park poster he was send to the world of jurasic park. once the objective inside the movie world is cleared the people that entered can get out and the poster gets torn, and the rewards and items you gain inside can be brought outside.
to kill theatre dungeon boss you need to clear every movie world or else he is invincible
along with the current story the "Demon-like Judge of fire" has a severe missunderstanding about reletionship between Dokja and Joong
she is Good angel but such a damn fudjoshi
. also about "prophets"
its a major part of the next arc
the so called "prophets" are people that once read the novel Ways of survival and realized whats happening around and decided to profit from it but unlike Dokja since they didnt read it till the end they are no different form John Snow and know nothing about any of the late scenario things

either way works fine as long as it continue to make sense. anyways thanks and happy and year.

@student4444 'the kid''s powers affect only insectsoid creatures. That said, ancient insects were pretty huge and could still be useful to the group.

Dex-chan lover
🅱️irassic Park

also is it just me or is every manga getting an adaptation like damn

Dex-chan lover
According to the Korean site a user posted on previous page, ORV getting LIVE ACTION adaptation not animation.

Yay, we're getting to one of the scenes I really like in ORV :))

I definitely prefer fable >> narrative. It feels more gimmicky, like an item you could obtain in a game, and honestly, that's pretty much what the scenarios are. Not quite sure what the actual korean word is, but what would be wrong with "story"? Tbh I liked that one more than fable. But either way, as long as the terms are consistent, anything is fine!

@henlohenlo Thanks a lot for translating once again <33 And idk if you'll see this comment or if you even care but there's a typo in one of the last pages (where Dokja is thinking something along the lines of "what Joonghyuk DID'T know")

edit: read some other comments.
1) agreed with keeping narrative grade constellation later over fable grade constellation etc. as long as there's no mixing of same terms for completely different matters, whatever you choose should work just well!
2) Am liking "tale" a lot as well. For me it'd be tale>story>>fable>>>>>narrative

Fable and Narrative are different. In the translation of the novel I read, they helped to represent different levels of constellations for example. Fable-grade represented the more powerful constellations like the leaders of a nebula, and if I remember correctly Narrative-grade was the level of stronger, but not that much stronger types of constellations. The whole leveling system of the constellations got super confusing for a bit cause there’s upper and lower-grades. So I’d say, keep your vocabulary very open. It’ll get confusing if you only use one word for everything.

Narrative sounds better than Fable imo, when I was reading the novel the change from story to fable made me kinda sad. "The Narrative: Bug Slaughter is activating!" sounds better than fuckin fable.

Although there'll be hard to translate stuff with the constellation grades or whatever but still I expect the translation to be well done since it's done by teams now instead of one rainbow turtle lmao

also comments on the actual chapter, holy shit I'm excited to see the prophets/apostles lol, in other words I'm waiting for the upcoming best girl

Yeah, the film adaptation has been in the works for awhile. It was a 5 full length feature films deal

Users who are viewing this thread