Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

AYT GANG, TIME TO BINGE READ THE NOVEL. BTW, PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT CHAPTER EQUIVALENT IS THIS (ROOM DAY 4)

I, for one, commend the author for how amazing he is for writing this. They've put so much effort in maintaining everyone's interactions and characterizations to the point that you'd think all of them are MCs, not just the Dokja. You'll get the sense that the story not just made for the MC but also for everyone else that is around him.

You can see just from their chemistry as a group that this was well written piece of literature. Only a few can do even an ounce of this, and I've read LOTS of manhwas/mangas/LN/WN like these. (The genre's my safe space don't judge me)

I'll be reading the novel after this. It's just that good

A so far great manhwa has led me to binge the novel and I have no regrets. It's a fantastic read where a crybaby like me teared up many times. I love the characters and their dynamics. There are definitely plot points at the end that I didn't understand but nothing a good reread can't fix 😄 I really recommend this to anyone who likes the manhwa so far.

Group Leader
@SocialButterfly @Baniita
Sorry for any mistakes that you might've seen. I was the one who was supposed to QC/TS this series, but due to some IRL issues, I was MIA for the latest two chapters. Those chapters would be shortly fixed, dw.

Where does one read the novel for this?
I only found up to chapter 40s which seems to be machine translated, and thats definitely not the end is it now?

@boboton The official licensed English translation can be found here: https://www.webnovel.com/book/omniscient-reader_12524375106746605
However, you will have to pay for it past a certain point. There are of course plenty of pirate sites that you can read it for free if you want that instead, here is one of them: link removed

Group Leader
I NEED TO SEE HIM BECOMING THE DEMON KING OF SALVATION
i want to know how shin yoosung and han sooyoung look like
oh and also how dokja looked as a kid/the oldest dream
pft and the reaction of flying fox when he realized dokja was a constellation

@osqmu there is official cover and promotional art for the novel that circulates around if you are curious about the characters (e.g. look up Munpia promotional posters on the reddit, people have links and they often feature the whole cast :) )

@Seshat

For a spoiler free review:

This story is first and foremost focused on its main characters and their interaction and involvement with the 'story'. As such if you enjoy character driven stories with a lot of heartfelt and human dynamics and friendships I recommend it. It's about the love (not romantic) that people develop for each other (especially from the POV of the main character - Kim Dokja). Essentially its a 500+ chapter novel about found family that just so happens to be set in a sort-of apocalyptic world. I'd say of the few webnovels, webtoons and manga I've read this one is the best at this aspect. If you want that kind of read, I can confirm it will not disappoint.

Another interesting aspect is that it has a very novel (but complicated) lore (and story setting) that isn't apparent in the first chapters. Lets just say, there is a lot more going on that just stat level ups, scenario survival games and coin revenue. This aspect of the story is the closest thing I'd call a 'con', not because it's bad in any way, but because Sing-Shong (authors) are having a very fun time being very meta abut their story and incorporating this concept in the narrative. The story you experience as a reader, and the one Kim Dokja experienced while reading WoS and is experiencing in the arcs to follow are all controlled and driven by the corner stone concepts of story telling. The 'Scenarios' are driven by how the 'story' is developing, how much the readers are enjoying a development or not. There is a question asked by Kim Dokja himself and by you the reader on 'who can be an author?' and 'what is the role and influence of a reader?'. Theres a question of how much of a story is due to the author and how much is due to the story itself. Fictional characters from WoS are now real characters in Kim Dokja, and this is addressed.

Overall I'd say it's worth it for the reasons above, but also its quite a heavy story (in terms of context) and isn't easy to skim read (you can get confused if you skip out on a line of dialogue) so its up to you whether you want to invest your time into it.

its kinda cool the mc is a bit annoying for someone and even thoughout the action it can feel kinda boring give it a read if youre board

@ATTERODOMINATUS

The novel is definitely more detailed. And this story is known to be a slight kind of slow-burn but it is definitely worth reading knowing the fact it's already completed as a novel.

@YEEeeet02 thats true ill give him that. I just think the story could be a bit better in the major areas, like it does the minor things really well (like explaining that the constellations cant see the notepad) but the major areas like the action and plot feel kind of lacking

Users who are viewing this thread