One Point Advice Yankee - Vol. 2 Ch. 16

Contributor
raiseyourflag.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Based translators.

Yankee being a Yankee for once is cool too!

Just make the soccer girl the younger sister of the friend of the cat girl. Makes the story seem somewhat contrived that Sakurai just happened to have met these people by chance.

Dex-chan lover
He may be kind, but he ain't afraid to smack a bitch when the situation calls for it .

Aggregator gang
@nbhstcqbvvpmacjrmv
Not really. The whole theme is pretty much him meeting all of these new people and helping them out. You know, what’s been happening since the very first chapter. He was walking and happened to meet the soccer girl. How is that contrived? How would her being the sister of the cat girl’s friend suddenly make it not-contrived?

@liquidsword I admit I phrased it weirdly, but you apparently missed the character sheets. The soccer kid IS, in fact, the younger sister of the friend of the cat girl. They ARE, in fact, sisters.

I'm saying that is contrived. It is contrived because it is unlikely for him to have met so many interconnected people completely independently of each other. Do you have a friend? Does your friend have a sibling? Have you ever met that sibling? If so, the chances are that you met your friend's sibling THROUGH your friend, not completely independently. I'm giving an example; it should still make sense even if that has never happened to you personally.

And yes, I get that coincidences happen. I'm fine with that. However, after a certain point, it becomes too many coincidences. Meet two connected people (such as siblings) independently of each other one time? Okay, sure, that's understandable. Happen a second time? Okay, coincidences still happen. Third time? Stretching it.

There is no hard and fast limit. It's just whatever you feel like is too unlikely and improbable. And here, we know that the author is literally planning this out. That means the author wanted it to be a stack of coincidences.

Dex-chan lover
@nbhstcqbvvpmacjrmv
I mean considering they live in the same neighborhood it seems more natural than coincidence. Plus Sakurai walks around the neighborhood a lot.

Dex-chan lover
Daily life tips on how to stop a mugger.

(Don't try this on people with knives, kids.)

Users who are viewing this thread