One Punch Man (Webcomic/Original) - Ch. 138

Welp. One got me good again. I was sure Mumen Rider was about to die. Then again, it's difficult to picture him just switching sides to the Neo Heroes only for the battle suit, especially not since he already met Saitama and even looks up to him like a fan. He should know better than anyone that the battle suits are a dead trap, making the weak feel all too powerful and the strong like gods. If that doesn't corrupt their minds all by itself, I dont know what would. Also, it's already been established that the producers of those suits have an agenda of their own. What more would you want than to actually be able to control the masses through a popular product of yours? (Oh wait, did I just make a social media reference? )
Besides, if even the idiot trio are able to transform into the wise trio from just one encounter with Saitama, I'm sure Mumen Rider should be able to see through the Neo Heroes. Sure, you need tools to be able to fight, but if you don't know what exactly you're using and make sure to have full control over the things, then you shouldn't be using it at all. Unless you're gambling, in which game your life is the value you're betting on.

By the way, where is Black Sperm hiding? Only Rover appeared in the last few chapters, didn't he? Is he just eating and sleeping it off in Rover's house?

My boy Forte out here dropping some truth bombs on blue. Not gonna lie they had me scared that Mumen Rider was gonna die. And is that Carnage Kabuto? Wasn't he already dead or did he not fight Saitama in the webcomic?

Forte is perhaps the only guy in this manga that understand Saitama mentality best (maybe aside of King? )

reu

Dex-chan lover
Kind of scared he was gonna kill off Mumen, thank god based normie endures

@grandygon I'd say it's because most characters are caught up in their own power while Saitama is just an average dude that happens to be insanely strong, so it takes another average person to really understand them.

Good for Mumen, there's no shame in getting help, especially if it's for saving lives.

@Angie7 Muman rider has always been extremely selfless though, to the point of giving his life just to buy a few seconds against deep sea king. He probably choose to switch to neo heroes just so he can have power to save people

carnage kabuto. didnt he die? was that manga exclusive? or is this a clone/replica/recreation/upgrade?

The scenes where someone gets beaten into a pulp are so much more raw and gruesome in the webcomic compared to the manga.

ONE is amazing

Holy shit so many things happened in a single chapter, ONE OP!
Thanks for the chapter!

Users who are viewing this thread