One Punch Man (Webcomic/Original) - Ch. 138

My man Mumen Rider getting the praise he deserves but at the cost of selling out to Neo Heroes...

Dex-chan lover
So many things happening...

HA breaking down
Mumen going NEO
Those three hero dudes realizing Saitama is the best example
CARNAGE FUCKING KABUTO VERSUS ZOMBIEMAN

Ah i remember zombieman beat carnage kabuto after 1 week of fighting in virtual simulation. Carnage kabuto run Out of gas lol

Goddamn, Mr Beat Boy laying down some harsh facts on the Neo Heroes' #1.

Makes me almost want to search up his actual hero name.

...Almost.

Dex-chan lover
I'm so conflicted on Mumen going Neo but I guess it makes sense that he'd do whatever it takes to be able to save even one more person. At least I hope he's doing it for selfless reasons.

Double-page supporter
Probably some kind of clone or a result of the same experiment that went into making Carnage Kabuto
Dr. Evolution has retired from doing all of those experiments and is now running his own food shop with Cyborg Gorilla, a nice change and ending for the guy; He never intended himself to be evil in the first place

Whoa Forte is surprisingly insightful. The way how he says mentions charisma and sensibility i was like Saitama is basically that. Charisma but without any sense, a leader that doesn't stand out and just wants to be a 100% hobby hero.

Why do they even call it one punch man anymore? Is the 'one' supposed to be the number of chapters we can expect per 100 that actually have something to do with the main character? The story has basically nothing to do with him at this point, you could take his character out entirely and the plot would barely have to be modified. Saitama is basically just cameoing in his own namesake comic in these later chapters. I just kinda feel gipped at this point, like false advertising almost. Sucks, the earlier chapters were sooo good when they focused on the right stuff and not just needlessly world built.

Group Leader
@REMasher
If the same thing happened with Mumen Rider in the manga first, some people would definitely claim that Murata ruins Mumen Rider's character by giving him such easy power up. And though some people are dissapointed with this happenning in the webcomic, we can only imagine people's reaction if it first happened in the manga.

Double-page supporter
Wtf I love the trio bros now

Also surprising that stronk bug is back, wonder what are they doing with him

Thanks for the translations

Dex-chan lover
Heh...Forte knows exactly what to say thanks to seeing Saitama.

Still agree. The Neo Heroes won't last because they're made to lack individuality. In general, having coordination and an organization is a plus because organization and numbers is strong.

But in this world, none of that matters when the chips are down. When things are truly bad, and a real monster shows up...well, only someone with strong individuality and a powerful sense of self can win.

Dex-chan lover
Well mumen rider accepting the suit is somewhat in the bounds of what he believes in, to save people and be a hero, no matter the foe or the cost to him. I think people are going to affiliate mumen rider with the neo hero but mumen rider won't actually accept it. He will just continue going on doing mumen rider things without the influence of the neo heroes

Users who are viewing this thread