Onii-chan Is Done For! - Ch. 78 - Mahiro and MMORPGs Revisited

Double-page supporter
ok i know i'm nitpicking but...
1. using irl name as your nickname is a sin. cuz you are self doxxing.
2. do not mention anyone's irl name unless it is a well known person like, idk michael jackson???

but thank you for the chapter

Fed-Kun's army
I don't think anyone has brought up the fact yet that "Onii-chan" is playing a female avatar, and considers "him/her" self as a female player. You'd think that if he really still wanted to change back, he'd be playing a male avatar online at least.

Mahiro truly is "done for" at this point.

Just me, or did Marhio make her chest bigger in the MMO versus in real life? I think our poor girl's developing a little bit of bust envy~

Dex-chan lover
I don't think anyone has brought up the fact yet that "Onii-chan" is playing a female avatar, and considers "him/her" self as a female player. You'd think that if he really still wanted to change back, he'd be playing a male avatar online at least.

Mahiro truly is "done for" at this point.
Mahiro brought it up the first MMO chapter (Chapter 4) when Mihari pointed it out. They were playing a female character long before that fateful day. Mahiro defensively responded with "Playing a girl is obviously more fun than playing as some dirty dude! The real question is, why do people even play as guys...?"

Which is... an interesting sentiment, coming from Mahiro.

Mahiro brought it up the first MMO chapter (Chapter 4) when Mihari pointed it out. They were playing a female character long before that fateful day. Mahiro defensively responded with "Playing a girl is obviously more fun than playing as some dirty dude! The real question is, why do people even play as guys...?"

It's also interesting how Mahiro refers to himself as a girl even in front of strangers online. Even if he was using a female character, he could still say he's a dude. It doesn't mean he's completely committing to his girl from, but it does show that he's comfortable with it now. I'm happy for my boy.

Dex-chan lover
It's worth mentioning that Mahiro's referring to themselves as a girl is more pronounced in English. In Japanese, you don't typically insert yourself into sentences. Like Mahiro isn't actually saying "they found out I was a girl because of my voice" but rather a literal translation would be closer to "they found out because of girl's voice". Contextually it's obvious the girl Mahiro is talking about is themselves but they're not making an outright declaration.

(which would probably have a lot of gravitas in Onimai if it ever happens)

Dex-chan lover

Common sentiment for MMO players that use female characters is because usually female characters has the most (interesting)costumes, also it's the character you are always gonna see so most people create characters that are "pleasing to the eyes".

Users who are viewing this thread