Onii-chan Is Done For! - Vol. 3 Ch. 30 - Mahiro and the Coming and Going Year

Dex-chan lover
No matter what, Mihari's goal is a permanent transformation of her brother. It's just up in the air if it means we keep the little munchkin we've all grown to love and fuss on, or if it means a version of her older brother that is happier and healthier.

At this point I'm happy with either outcome because I love Mahiro, period. The outside is currently really cute and I'm sure the inside is getting that way too. Whether that finally results in a cute girl or cute man is details. Okay I'm totally rooting for Mahiro to stay a girl, I admit it.

Dex-chan lover
this went from gender swap shenanigans to run of the mill moe blob

idk man

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for including the glossaries. I feel like I learned a lot (and I'll probably forget most of it within 2 minutes 😭).

Dex-chan lover
IMO "gender swap shenanigans" has a shelf life. Mahiro is surely used to being a girl after being one for most of a year now. If after you've had a whole bunch of periods, gotten used to going outside and wearing certain clothes (as well as bathing and dressing yourself) there isn't that much more to adjust to. As such, at this point, yeah, Mahiro is more of a standard moe character. But still one with a unique origin and her male history makes a nice moe gap charm point.

I think there's something to be said about the appeal of that transition, too. The idea that you don't have to be born female (or even a social or high-functioning person) to one day become the very cuteness you adore from a distance. The deliciousness of that irony. I like imagining that blowing someone's mind, somewhere. "Mahiro became yet another cute waifu, just like any other... that could've been me in some universe. A cute waifu... me..."

Though with all that said, I at least understand the loss of intensity of the situation making it less fun for some readers. Gender change anthology works tend to be better than longform for focusing on the freshness of the gender swap. But as far as longform goes, this manga is still a big bright spot for every month.

Dex-chan lover
Those japanese. First they listen to buddist 108 bell rings to get rid of desires then go to shinto gods to endorse their desires.

Dex-chan lover
That's religion for you. I'm saying this with both affection and snark.

Double-page supporter
Misread "Do we have all the squirts (kids)?" as "Do we all have the squirts (digestive tract issues)?"

Dex-chan lover
This might be the funniest prayer chapter I've seen. lol
"Give me back the money for lining up."
"Please make my onii-chan a decent human being".

Dex-chan lover
He was featured on the Norwegian 1000 Kroner note.

Which in turn is probably here in reference to all the scanlators who occasionally translation note monetary values into Norwegian Krone, sort of an inside joke in the manga reader/scanlation communities at this point. I feel like it's because of Norway Scans, but honestly the group could have picked up the habit after someone else did it as a joke or for real. I dunno.

Aggregator gang
one thing that's special of Nekotoufu's style is how wide their smiles are drawn, and it's perfect in this manga.

Users who are viewing this thread