Onna Chara de Isekai Teni shite Cheatppoi kedo Zako Chara na no de Medatazu Heiwa na Shomin wo Mezashimasu! - Ch. 1 - Susie meets people

Supporter
GB as a plot point/genre can be all over the place. Kinda gotta dig into what happens and what is said to actually get a picture of what is or is not the case. The reasoning on why to go this route isn't universal and varies on a case by case basis. And there could be multiple reasons why to go for the GB.

It's a play by ear thing. Usually

Supporter
Frankly because there is a reason this genre exists and people like to self insert/imagine themselves in these situations. They want to be the guy becoming a girl. There is no other reason than appealing to people with that fantasy.
Sadly you are mostly correct, not that the tag is limited to that, it can be super interesting as far as exploring identity and genre, difference between people or stuff like that and their is some RARE one like that and they are generally the better one BUT, In the same way Isekai CAN be set in something else than a medieval fantasy Europe or Wuxia setting, you could do it and make something interesting but the vast majority (this manga included) is absolutely not interested in writing something interesting and just want to rewrite something they enjoyed or think is popular or that what the publisher are asking / whatever

I dont really understand why the genderswap. Why not just let a girl reincarnate and not have a weird plot point that probably wont be used?
For me it always feels as if he artist doesnt accept same sex relations but its okay now because he was once a man.
As someone that as read a GOOD part of all the stuff uploaded to mangadex with this tag, I am asking the same question, why take this setup that should have implication and just never do something with it, well more than cropping their own boobs once and be done with it.
Like it would be similar to take a story and add a video game system in it and never explore the actual consequence it would have of society, or put your protagonist in the place of the villainess and never deal with the position, or having someone time travel / know the plot but forget most of it instead of having someone that navigate the world for the first time....
:aquadrink: :aquadrink: :aquadrink: :aquadrink: :aquadrink::aquadrink: why I am even bothering :aquadrink::aquadrink::aquadrink::aquadrink::aquadrink::aquadrink:
joking, their is obviously a lot of good story but good damn you must work hard to find them sometime

Contributor
I just hate when there's a TS setup and it's not relevant to the story at all after the first chapter. Same thing with isekai that instantly becomes indistinguishable from generic fantasy.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the work!

Was just thinking today it'd be nice to see an isekai trope with delusional protagonist, a bit like Bakarina, that believe they are living in a made-up world without being a bent out of shape revenge lunatic.

Fed-Kun's army
I dont really understand why the genderswap. Why not just let a girl reincarnate and not have a weird plot point that probably wont be used?
For me it always feels as if he artist doesnt accept same sex relations but its okay now because he was once a man.
There will be misundertanding situations. It's a classic in comedy.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0053291/

Dex-chan lover
I dont really understand why the genderswap.
Same thing with isekai that instantly becomes indistinguishable from generic fantasy.
These don't take much effort to add and having them as tags might hook some readers enough to make them read a volume or two.
It's also convenient for impromptu fish-out-of-water awkwardness here and there, where the MC and the reader get to learn everything about the world, the adventurer guild, the money (including the exchange rate to Yen), the wardrobe, the sexist double standards, etc.

Dex-chan lover
I'm just thinking, if a girl gamer happened to be isekaied, her character may just be a really buff guy. So here's me hoping that the gamer's oroginal gender will become irrelevant to the story, and it'll end up being all about an op girl easily mistaken for a minor. After all, I'm starting to get tired of the same looking male mc all the time.

Dex-chan lover
Because a woman won't appreciate Futanari magic as much as a guy who missed being able to jerk off like usual lol

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter!

Yeah, GB stuff feels quite polarised with isekai stuff, where it's either completely irrelevant after the beginning so it'd make no difference to the story if it never happened; OR it's a focus on body dysphoria and how they struggle to come to terms with it.

I can't think of many stories off the top of my head that have a comfortable middle-ground (though that's probably the cold medicine talking)

This one seems to be the former kind which, at the end of the day regardless of how it's done, as long the story is passable, I don't really care that much. The Isekai genre is typically a brain=off or brain=power saver read., to me at least

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter

Interesting, the WN started back in 2018 and still ongoing with 200 chapters with it being the author sole work, is a pretty popular work in both narou and kakuyomu, it doesn't have a LN and the WN doesn't seems to be translated either, but yeah the novel is tagged with Girl's Love

Raw WN

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
thank you for the chapter, hmm.... actually this reminds me somewhat of that other GL manga about the guy being isekai'd into his MMO gag character a half dragon mage. So it will be interesting to see how this one sets itself apart.

Dex-chan lover
Another Gender bender and Girl's Love manga? Don't mind if I do! I welcome more GB!

aTRV4uq.png

Users who are viewing this thread