Onna Chara de Isekai Teni shite Cheatppoi kedo Zako Chara na no de Medatazu Heiwa na Shomin wo Mezashimasu! - Ch. 2.2 - Ether Scan

Dex-chan lover
Ah yes, become a commoner and not stand, only to stand out and become the rumored hero.

Group Leader
So... next chapter or so she signs up as an adventurer, right?
Nope, there is no such thing AFAIK. Village school's next.
First page was hard to follow.
"No way!"
"A man who strives to be the greatest... It's not about me, okay?!"
"At most, I could be a team leader with only a couple of people in it!"
"It's impossible for me to be responsible for many lives!"
"A leusirely life of enjoying a glass of brandy in my high-rise building?"
"Nah."
"Drinking non-alcoholic beer in a bar!!! That's the type of a person I am!!!"

:wowee:

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Not really sure how to feel about this so far. The worldbuilding is kinda being glossed over, and the motivations of our protag once again fall into ‘I’M MAD OP... but I just want a widdle quiet life in this world of opportunity” which I get but is kinda grating at this point unless either they have a great personality or the world they find themselves in is highly engrossing. Still reading, hesitantly.

Dex-chan lover
We all cry...
images

Y'know, as comparatively refreshing the story of this is next to other isekai, I really dislike the sexualization. I'll stick with it a few more chapters to see if it slows down since I really like the more slice-of-life stuff on display here though

Dex-chan lover
It's really funny how this girl knows the cliche of isekai and all that and still tries to live a peaceful normal life in the countryside, yeah as if that has ever worked with overpowered beings lol
The thing is she apparently doesn't realize that she's actually overpowered. I'm not sure what exactly she thinks happened to that mountain she accidentally blew up, but her conversation definitely gives the feel of "I'm a small fry, there's no way I'm overpowered". I think she's in denial of what happened on the mountain, and is still thinking about her character's original stats, not realizing she's had a massive stat boost.

Fed-Kun's army
Do slow life if you want, but the weird rationale for it always bugs me

I.e. someone will immediately come kill me when there’s no present danger, have to protect “the scenario” or someone will come kill me even though my very presence changes the story, or plain old “I don’t want to stand out.” Even though everything you do attracts attention.
Definitely, though for this person at least we can get some small hints that they seem to be someone with a certain level of social anxiety and a strong belief that they aren't someone able or worthy of handling major responsibility when 'a project with like 3 other people tops' is their absolute limit for what they feel able to handle.

There's also the mention of there having been multiple people from other worlds apparently appearing at a similar time when the last hero happened, so it's not impossible someone dangerous could come over. I do get the vibe though that it's asking for a decent amount of work from the reader to notice and piece these things together themselves over outright doing some better writing in the series itself, but also eh, I'm here for the cute vibes too and am happy letting the plot swing the way it needs to to deliver that to my plate.

Either way, protag should have gotten diagnosed with anxiety ages ago, most reasonable explanation

Dex-chan lover
Mc: fudge out for being hero, imma live as a commoner here!

.. Yeah, as if the imaginary plot device would let that happen 🗿

Double-page supporter
14-years old but already in high school? Damn. I'm more jealous of that. :meguupog:
yeah, high schools that are 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th grade would have 14 year olds. depending on when they were born and how enrollment lined up, 13 year olds could end up in high school as 9th graders without skipping grades. i went to a pretty small (70~ kids a grade) school in a rural area, and there were a few girls her age that looked like that every year.

Users who are viewing this thread