Onna Chara de Isekai Teni shite Cheatppoi kedo Zako Chara na no de Medatazu Heiwa na Shomin wo Mezashimasu! - Ch. 2.2 - Ether Scan

Fed-Kun's army
I kind of agree that the age controversy here was unnecessary for the story and how circumstances seem to walk a fine line of whether this is okay or not. Compared to other gender bend isekais, Tanya the evil is also underage, but because he started MT style from a baby they're basically normalized as a female. If the character had lived their entire life up to this point as a girl and then suddenly 'remembered' a previous life as a different gender, it probably would have been fine too.

One day just waking up as an adolescent opposite gender seems to be where we're crossing the line.

The annoying thing about this series is that it just throws it out there as part of the premise but doesn't really use it. Mentally speaking the MC is taking it in stride and almost behaves as if this were a normal thing. Like, if they didn't include that tidbit it doesn't seem like it would have changed the story significantly (at least for now). If the author was brave (degenerate) enough, they would have used that premise to do some wild things that make including that story point worth the controversy.

Is this the click/jailbait of isekai?

Dex-chan lover
Just had to be 13 to make us feel awkward give she is seriously hot. Mental age is important and s/he's an adult there so we're fine-ish. Love that she's basically already adopted.

Dex-chan lover
I think she might mean commoner more in the sense of being a civilian rather than out fighting, in which case being a noble's daughter would probably count
I would say "she wants a low profile lifestyle." Or "Pacifist" or "be a nobody".

Rather than the use of commoner in frankly a medieval setting in which there is a class system.

Oh well, minor nitpicking.

Dex-chan lover
I kind of agree that the age controversy here was unnecessary for the story and how circumstances seem to walk a fine line of whether this is okay or not. Compared to other gender bend isekais, Tanya the evil is also underage, but because he started MT style from a baby they're basically normalized as a female. If the character had lived their entire life up to this point as a girl and then suddenly 'remembered' a previous life as a different gender, it probably would have been fine too.

One day just waking up as an adolescent opposite gender seems to be where we're crossing the line.

The annoying thing about this series is that it just throws it out there as part of the premise but doesn't really use it. Mentally speaking the MC is taking it in stride and almost behaves as if this were a normal thing. Like, if they didn't include that tidbit it doesn't seem like it would have changed the story significantly (at least for now). If the author was brave (degenerate) enough, they would have used that premise to do some wild things that make including that story point worth the controversy.

Is this the click/jailbait of isekai?
I am going to assume this is important for future plot development. Somehow.
Maybe she's going to go to school with people of the same age, and player characters are going to stand out as a sore thumb, because their nominal age (time since character created) will not match their apparent age (which depends on what the player wanted to look like, and can be from 10 to 90 years old).

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the chapter, ah she's going for the setting the bar as low as possible strat.

Dex-chan lover
Go ahead, aim for a life without standing out. It's good to dream, even if it is impossible.

Dex-chan lover
What’s with all these gender bend isekais? Do Japanese dudes all secretly wish they were girls or will they refuse any females protagonist so they do this to get a hot girl that they can still use as a self insert?

Like it’s kind of gone too far tbh, it’s gotten to the point that there are manga pretending to be gender bender isekais just to get published.
Like the one with the elf named Halo who is in denial about being a bottom, there’s literally one panel in the beginning of the first chapter where she says “btw I used to be a Japanese dude” and that’s all the isekai there is in the story.

Dex-chan lover
Nope, there is no such thing AFAIK. Village school's next.

"No way!"
"A man who strives to be the greatest... It's not about me, okay?!"
"At most, I could be a team leader with only a couple of people in it!"
"It's impossible for me to be responsible for many lives!"
"A leusirely life of enjoying a glass of brandy in my high-rise building?"
"Nah."
"Drinking non-alcoholic beer in a bar!!! That's the type of a person I am!!!"

:wowee:
It sounds like a direct translation. It's really unnatural in English.

Dex-chan lover
Read the web novella. The first volume is super - with drama, fights (onepunch style), heartwarming moments and lively. The second one is okay, but there are some weird moments. Third - still going on - not so much anymore, the inconsiderateness and lack of a global plan creeps out. Some chapters are just a lazy retelling of events. The Pacing of the story is getting very uneven. I don't really understand what it's about anymore.
But the first one was great.

Group Leader
It sounds like a direct translation. It's really unnatural in English.
As you are the only one who raised the question without clarifying what was bothering you and without suggesting any possible fixes, I didn't have a clear baseline to judge, so I just provided the direct translation, assuming you didn't understand what was being said.
I can't magically turn into a native speaker who would be able to spot the unnaturalness, sorry. :nyoron:

Dex-chan lover
Read the web novella. The first volume is super - with drama, fights (onepunch style), heartwarming moments and lively. The second one is okay, but there are some weird moments. Third - still going on - not so much anymore, the inconsiderateness and lack of a global plan creeps out. Some chapters are just a lazy retelling of events. The Pacing of the story is getting very uneven. I don't really understand what it's about anymore.
But the first one was great.
What's the site please?

One day I want one of these "I just want to live a normal life" type OP Isekai guys to get hit over the head with the fact that the world they're in won't permit that until problems are dealt with.

Dex-chan lover
One day I want one of these "I just want to live a normal life" type OP Isekai guys to get hit over the head with the fact that the world they're in won't permit that until problems are dealt with.
Thats actually a very common thing that does happen in this kinda stories.

I've read a few dozen at the very least that had an OP Mc who wanted to live a 'peaceful ordinary life' but couldn't due to various plot reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread