Onna dakara, to Party wo Tsuihou Sareta no de Densetsu no Majo to Saikyou Tag wo Kumimashita - Ch. 20.2

Dex-chan lover
Seriously? Wow.. did it get axed or did the Author run out of material? Looking at how the way the male characters are represented here (everyone are 1-D or2-D ) I would not be super if it were either of the above. Just disappointed.
No, it finished what it was planning to do. Wrapped up the story and didn’t overstay it’s welcome.

Dex-chan lover
Well, I hope the manga expands on it and inspires the author to come up with a new plot beyond the LN arcs…. But let’s see..
I personally have no real issues with the novels or the manga other than maybe the manga leaving out a little bit from the novels. But that's fairly common in novel to manga adaptations. I've enjoyed both of them quite a bit.

Dex-chan lover
If you feel so then I think you’ll only find things to be cringe worthy from now on. Be prepared for that.. the translators have pretty much caught up with the manga. It’s great to see a female mangaka pen a yuri material but I wish she would flesh the male characters more instead of making them 2D

Most yuri manga is created by women, so you can piss off with that condescending tone. As it turns out, the people who are the most passionate about creating lesbian stories, are women more often than not! I guess you have some prejudices of your own to examine.

If you think it's unfair that this manga affords little to no complexity to its male characters: now you know what it feels like to watch all the battle shounen and isekai slop that makes up mainstream anime, as a woman! As long as mainstream nerd media continues to reduce female characters to sex objects, love interests and cheerleaders for men, to deny women complexity and abilities on par with men, to devalue bonds between women, and to sideline, humiliate and kill off the few women who are actually interesting, I will not feel bad when a story unapologetically prioritizes women over men.

More than that though, it's genuinely absurd to piss and moan about the lack of complex male characters, in what is essentially an angry power fantasy where women fight back against misogyny, practice sisterhood and lesbianism. This manga is as subtle as a brick to the face, and some of you are still too thick to get it. If you can read this story, and then in the comments act just as entitled, ignorant, arrogant, and condescending as the average male character in it, then I don't think you deserve a more flattering or nuanced representation than what you get here.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread