Oogami-san, Dadamore Desu - Vol. 7 Ch. 38 - The World's One and Only...

Dex-chan lover
Not exactly a great ending but that last panel kinda makes up for it lol

The ending is shit but we knew it would be since the previous chapter. This was a fun read until then. But the selfishness of the guy kinda ruined it for me, our poor girl deserved so much better than an ass who’s leaving 4 to 6 years to learn AGRICULTURE in a foreign country, for a bullshit « independence » reason when really he could’ve stayed, and expecting his girlfriend to be okay with it. And he wasn’t even the one who tried to save their relationship in the end. She was dumb for going to this airport.

Dex-chan lover
@Thea271 yeeeaaaah, it's kinda telling that Yaginuma was content with just fucking off to america without even attempting to make things right. Like, sure, she was the one who broke it off, but for very good reasons which she made abundantly clear.

I guess I just really dislike romances where one half puts so much less work into it than the other.

Very meh ending
What is more, this ending just sucks and is plain terrible

I would like to lower my score, because the last few chapters were just forced craps, especially this one

But I'd rather rate it based on the majority of the chapters which I enjoyed, so I'll stick to 8/10.
Otherwise, I'd give it 7.
If I was very strict, then 6/10.

I always hate when a story gets ruined like this

Dex-chan lover
It was the best ending we could expect after the start of the whole "going abroad" arc, but a shitty one nevertheless.

What a waste of her lifetime and youth. Poor Oogami got such a bad deal out of this.
She had to keep constantly accommodating to him, and in the end all she gets is "Wait for me when, if ever I decide to come back for next 4 years or more, kay bye"
Some boarding school in Japan wasn't "independent" enough for him so now, rather than breaking up, they will meet once a year for some bad sex (since they can't get much better without any practice) and then back to being alone in this neglectful relationship.
I feel sorry for her. It was nice series, but ending left me with bad taste.

Dex-chan lover
It's all wrapped up and we got a callback/achievement of initial goal. I don't think this is bad ending.
Overall 8, very good, I enjoyed it and it did not overstayed.

Dex-chan lover
I wanted more, but I've seen some far far worse endings to manga I loved, this one actually managed to address and resolve the main conflicts of the story. Thanks for the TL!

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
Didn't feel anything, so I guess it wasn't bad at the very least.

Dex-chan lover
why did the author end this with long distance relationship.... honestly, even though they were cute and awkward, I don't feel like they would last lmao

Users who are viewing this thread