Ookami no Musume - Vol. 4 Ch. 16

Dex-chan lover
I literally just reread this over the weekend wondering when the next chapter was coming :win:

Spring is here! As always, some great characterization here that's well supported by the author's storyboarding and art. You can really feel the difference between her old and new lives :thumbsup:

The curse of the mangaka that is Kodama Yuki is that she writes amazing stories almost every single time, but she can not, I repeat, can not, I repeat again, can not for the life of her, ever stick the landing. Ever. Even if they're predictable, like with this one were I can assure you she will end up with Kirito (What they have is a primal attraction to each other), but even if that's what you want at the very end you will be somewhat bitterly disappointed at the finish line by something, somehow. It's the Kodama Yuki special. If you've read her previous amazing works, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

Dex-chan lover
The curse of the mangaka that is Kodama Yuki is that she writes amazing stories almost every single time, but she can not, I repeat, can not, I repeat again, can not for the life of her, ever stick the landing. Ever. Even if they're predictable, like with this one were I can assure you she will end up with Kirito (What they have is a primal attraction to each other), but even if that's what you want at the very end you will be somewhat bitterly disappointed at the finish line by something, somehow. It's the Kodama Yuki special. If you've read her previous amazing works, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.
Nah, Sakamichi no Apollon was pretty perfect, as was Hagoromo Mishin.
It just feels like her newer manga feature far more selfish and way more tropeish main characters (Ao no Hana, Utsuwa no Mori, and this one we are in the thread for). Harder for me to feel anything for these shallow meme characters. Her works feel far more mainstream now and it makes me sad.

Dex-chan lover
I literally just reread this over the weekend wondering when the next chapter was coming :win:

Spring is here! As always, some great characterization here that's well supported by the author's storyboarding and art. You can really feel the difference between her old and new lives :thumbsup:
Volume 4 will be rolling out in the coming weeks!

Dex-chan lover
I've read all of Yuki Kodama's works and I 100% wholeheartedly disagree.

Nah, Sakamichi no Apollon was pretty perfect, as was Hagoromo Mishin.
It just feels like her newer manga feature far more selfish and way more tropeish main characters (Ao no Hana, Utsuwa no Mori, and this one we are in the thread for). Harder for me to feel anything for these shallow meme characters. Her works feel far more mainstream now and it makes me sad.
With Sakamichi no Apollon that last volume was very rushed, plus the Ritsuko and her moment of weakness, and not knowing anything about how Sen dealt with the seperation, everything in that last volume was simply rushed. Tsukikage Baby was even worse, all that development just for her to desperately simp for the uncle at the end, then settle for MC when she got rejected like a flip of a switch. Hagoromo Mishin, I don't know how you can call that ending anything but depressing, unless you were more invested in the side characters. But it was only 5 chapters so there's no time to invest into anything when that ending hit you. It wasn't rushed, it was just sad. Endings are not her cup of tea, I'll stick to what I said, and that's what I expect here.
I've read all of Yuki Kodama's works and I 100% wholeheartedly disagree.
Well good for you.

Dex-chan lover
HAHHA WHAT A FLEX - and also i love her friends sm for letting her feel comfortable saying no to those nosy classmates that dont have her best interest in mind

Dex-chan lover
Oh Hayate... showing up like that just feeds the flames of gossip.

I'd like to see the other white wolves now. It's clear that Kirito is a bad example, even with his power. It could be nice to see a real confrontation in the wolf society to show us where they all stand.

Very good for me indeed :)

Maybe Yuki Kodama's works are just not for you and that's okay! I appreciate you reading thus far and hope you find someone that you truly enjoy as much as I enjoy Yuki! <3
You've probably been misreading all her works considering how you've misread the simple thing I just said. No wonder.

Dex-chan lover
Very good for me indeed :)

Maybe Yuki Kodama's works are just not for you and that's okay! I appreciate you reading thus far and hope you find someone that you truly enjoy as much as I enjoy Yuki! <3
Aint no way you ignored to analyse what the person said. And proceeded to say think that author’s works may not be for them

Dex-chan lover
You've probably been misreading all her works considering how you've misread the simple thing I just said. No wonder.
All you said in response to what I said was, "Well good for you." (Which needs a comma after well btw) So I know I didn't misread it! :) As for my response to your original comment, you said your opinion and I disagreed with it. You provided no further response to me for comment.

Dex-chan lover
Aint no way you ignored to analyse what the person said. And proceeded to say think that author’s works may not be for them
*Analyze
It's pretty easy to understand my comment because if you check in his "analysis" comment, he wasn't even talking to me.

Dex-chan lover
I try my best to keep a positive environment in these threads, but some manga readers are insufferable when it comes to discussions and will do anything they can to bait an argument. I don't mind discussing a series or different topics or viewpoints on why I think Yuki tells great all-around stories and why you think she does as well, but her endings are bad. But at the end of the day, I know that anything I write here will be looked at through a combative lens and be dismissed in the ego pool of yourself that refuses to let their mind be challenged or changed.

If you want me to discuss your "analysis" of her endings, then make a better analysis. It's that simple. It'd simply waste my time to discuss the main topic of abandonment in Sakamichi no Apollon when you don't even seem to understand Ritsuko or Sentarou's characters. Or the fact that you think she chooses the MC on a whim in the ending even though one of the central points throughout the entire story is her conflicting feelings with Hikaru, starting even in Volume 1. Not even that your "analysis" of Hotaruko "simping" for the uncle in the end doesn't touch the fact of her confrontation with the true identity of her feelings for him as well as her mother after reading her journals.

It's also prevalent to mention that your idea of her bad endings only comes from her series completed in scans. She has a total of 10 works digitally with 2 more that are only available physically. An analysis of her endings to all of her stories would require you to actually read her completed works, not 4 of them.

If you'd like to have an actual discussion about things, then PM me. Having a pissing contest on a discussion thread of Chapter 16 for 狼の娘 only provides a breeding ground for conflict.

This is why I usually just recommend reading something else. If you already have it in your head that 4 volumes in this will disappoint you, then I don't understand why you would keep reading! 🤷‍♂️(‘Cause I can read whatever I want!)

Hope to hear from you!

Users who are viewing this thread