Ookami Ryoushu no Ojou-sama - Vol. 5 Ch. 25

Dex-chan lover
Now even the King is dead? Well this is escalating quickly.

It's a bit sad to see Shirley continue to be so self sacrificing, but I understand that this is a major character flaw of hers that she still needs to work through. On the other hand though I'm disappointed that she didn't try convey her true feeling to Caid and resorted to just lying again. At the very least I hoped she would use some misdirection and start telling Caid to relay a message from her to 'Helt'. That way she could talk to him under the pretext that it's for someone else back in Reis she knows. It's not like last time, no-one in the royal court should know that Caid's fake persona was called Helt back in the day.

I get that it's a reference to her previous life where she lied to him and sacrificed herself, so they both know she is lying again this time. The symbolism and cyclical nature of events is important here because when this arc eventually (hopefully) ends happily it would be a sign of not repeating the past. That doesn't mean that this is not depressing though...

Last edited:
Banned
I sense another royal beheading in the future (though really sending her to a monastery is fine... she seems too dumb honestly to be doing the dirty work and more likely her supporters Aka those who prolly wanna manipulate her as queen).

So when are Caid and the other territories rising up in revolt?

also, I totally noticed the call back there.

I feel like this arc coulda had more development with politics and other characters and such lol

Dex-chan lover
thank you so much for dedicatedly translating this 🙏 anyway i'm CRYING, first best boi ezador is DEAD (im still not believing that shit, no body = no corpse, i dont give a DAMN about it.), then this FXCKING BISH FXCKS EVERYTHIG UP AND NOW THIS, I SWEAR I CANT---- (im from the KaidXshirley ship faction btw, all hail toxic but cute relationships (in fiction only of course))
i saw the next and last volume's cover and im SCARED tbh, idk if its meant to be like a happy end or if its like what it should have been but will never be achieved sorta thing? like couldnt they give us a less ambiguous cover 😭 IM SCARED, HELP

Dex-chan lover
Given how rapidly things have escalated, it's likely that the kingdom has been rotten to its core for quite some time, and this whole fiasco was just the spark that lit the powder keg. I mean, multiple prominent individuals dying mysteriously, people rapidly shifting alliances, all at the whims of a petulant princess? Nah, someone was already waiting for an excuse to make a power play, and the princess just provided the excuse.

Either that or the author has no idea how to do escalation or courtly intrigue

Users who are viewing this thread