Ookami Shounen wa Kyou mo Uso o Kasaneru

Power Uploader
@Buyobae
I’ve actually been waiting to see namo announce a new series since this one ended, but so far nothing.

Very enjoyable, while I was with the older sibling how they wanted to make sure MC knew what he was getting into before signing onto the long-term cross-dressing stuff after hearing why MC wanted it, but I was fully expecting the manga to drop the ball and either blow it out of proportion or forget about it. Instead the manga gave very good pacing and continued to pile on moments that would bring out guilt about lying about who he was, and only made references to how MC was lying during a lot of the heavier moments. It didn't drag out beyond how long it needed to (which is my major complaint about a lot of rom-com mangas), but it paced out the falling in love in a way that I could really believe (a complaint I've got about a few other rom-com mangas where they jump to being in love and a couple way too quickly).

On top of that him going for Botan was great, while I could have believed it if he said that he stilled loved Aoi since the friendship did give him room to develop more nuanced feelings, at the end of the day what initially drew him to Aoi was him thinking she wasn't afraid of him, something which Botan did naturally without even a second thought. On top of that Aoi said some things that can cut pretty damn deep, but the worst that Botan really did to him was attack him when she thought he was a stalker, because he WAS being a stalker at that point (him pulling up the library card stuff is when he crossed the line to stalker flat out, glad he realized that he needed to stop that bullshit). I do feel feel bad for Aoi all things considered but man, when she found out what Kei was doing her first thought was to say she was going to be sick, followed by cutting out both Kei and Botan from her life despite not knowing Botan's role in things, it just... I just couldn't root for her and Kei to get together after that, especially when Botan took the time to listen to what he had to say and was willing to accept him despite being justifiably angry with him. Near the end I was resigned to see Kei and Aoi get together and be upset about it, but no, they handled it well.

Now time to keep an eye out for more works by this author.

Dex-chan lover
i remember screaming "GO BOTAAAAN" at every site comment section everytime new ch is up

TBH I'm sad the one I was rooting for failed. But besides that it just feels right the way this ended

Although it does remind me of molester man (don't judge the title its a beautiful story that made me feel more than I'd imagine) in how out of so many side characters the one who was initially the dilemma became literally the endgame. I mean half way through I recognized the pattern but I was pretty sure itd be a cliche ending and boy was I suprized when it didn't go through the way I expected

Story set out to what it wanted to do, did it, did it well, and did it convincingly.

It didn't end the way I first wanted it to, but the ending flowed from the personality of the characters, so I am satisfied.

I...didn't expect it to be THAT good. But damn, this was enjoyable from beginning to end.
Oh, yeah, Botan best girl.

On volume 5 now,honestly its worth reading it.If you want a good manga this is it.I rated it a 10/10🙂

Dex-chan lover
Good read, reminded me of "Pretty Face" but less ecchi and with less Shoujo-y art. And thankfully shorter, and with more plot development and character development, which happened faster and felt more natural.

Somewhat superficially similar to "Otome Danshi ni Koisuru Otome" as well, except in that one, the guy just likes to dress in a "pretty" way already.

Dex-chan lover
I wouldn't call it a masterpiece, but 10 is the highest I can give for it because I honestly enjoyed it so much. Everything felt really natural, with no filler and no side-winding. I could use a few more side-stories as it's just that good for me.

Users who are viewing this thread