Option to notify readers that a manga from translators group page that they drop said manga

I'm not in group so I don't know if this options already exists already but the option for groups to remove manga from their group page for when they drop a manga. Or a new tab where it shows manga that the group have dropped and no longer working on. This way readers will know its not being translated anymore by said group as some groups don't announce dropped projects and us readers just keep waiting for nothing. It also helps by letting other translators know if a manga is still being worked on and won't cause drama in the community when they try translating it.

seems a good idea, that way some group dont have to wait 3 months rule to take over the translation

But it wont stop a snipping though. Especially if a big group with established website decide to participate even though there is an active group translating it (usually for potential popular webtoons so they can post it in their website, I heard in the past there was a certain group causing a drama though)

I would like to see something like this too. Just something like a dummy listing in the chapter list and follow feed that doesn't need to lead anywhere. I don't really expect it to be widely used, but it would be nice to have some sort of "dropped: licensing" or "dropped: official translation" thing people could pop down so you remember to check store links.
I've had a few series get official translations that I completely missed for months until I saw the series again in another search and check to see if I'd missed a final chapter or sudden axing.
I'd hate to think a series I actually liked would get dropped by publishers just because it got drowned out in the noise of everything else, now that I have decent enough economy to not mind spending money on silly drawings on the internet.

Contributor
i feel like it was rejected before but at the same time i think there is "maybe" an upgrade for follow features... dunno.
This way readers will know its not being translated anymore by said group as some groups don't announce dropped projects and us readers just keep waiting for nothing.
does it stop you from following a title ?
the more titles you follow, the less you care about who dropped what.

in short, Group's MDList
(if the group uploaded a chapter in X title then it will automatically added into their MDList + an ability to change title's status)
+ an ability to follow it

seems a good idea, that way some group dont have to wait 3 months rule to take over the translation
there's no such rule on MD...
It also helps by letting other translators know if a manga is still being worked on and won't cause drama in the community when they try translating it.
drama & sniping is allowed, just don't break the rules.
qqHMf3A.gif

Users who are viewing this thread