Questions for translators and groups of translators/questions pour les traducteurs et les équipes

Joined
Sep 25, 2026
Messages
1
Hello,

I'm actually writing an article for my LinkedIn account and for my research in a job (I try to be a Librarian). I've got some questions for you, the translators!
  • do you do this alone or with a group?
  • are you getting paid or do you translate for free?
  • from witch language do you translate? (ex: from japan to english)
  • why do you translate one title and not the other?
  • do you like translate theses chapters?
  • do you translate one type of mangas/webtoons? (ex: murder or horror)
  • when an editor decides to edit one of your translated series, what are your feelings?
  • Anything I've miss to ask?

If you don't understand what I want to ask, you can use google translate or else, there is a french post.

question pour les francais:
Bonjour
je suis actuellement en train d'écrire un article pour mon compte LinkedIn et pour France Travail. Je souhaite être bibliothécaire. J'ai quelques questions pour vous, les traducteurs!
  • Traduisez-vous seul ou en groupe?
  • êtes-vous payés pour traduire ou faites-vous ce travail de manière gratuite ou bénévole?
  • à partir de quel langage traduisez-vous? (ex: depuis le japonais jusqu'au français)
  • pourquoi traduisez-vous tel titre et pas un autre?
  • est-ce que vous aimez traduire ces chapitres?
  • est-ce que vous traduisez un genre spécifique? (ex: horreur, ou romance)
  • quand un éditeur décide de publier une des séries que vous avez traduites, quels sont vos sentiments? (si vous trouvez le titre dans les rayons de la FNAC par exemple)
  • d'autres choses à dire?

Thanks in advance for your answers!
Merci d'avance pour vos réponses!

Lobodu44.
 
Group Leader
Joined
Jan 10, 2020
Messages
6,617
Since I doubt there may be many answers I'll give u my 2 cents :meguu:

  • Alone but I did work with someone else before; they however became busy and no longer work on manga

  • Free

  • Jp to En

  • Started translating the title that I am doing to put my Jp to practise. Haven't done others cos I still havent caught up to raws and editing takes time.

  • Translating is fun. It puts your language skills to the test.

  • I would translate anything that I am interested but I am currently only doing one series, again cos I havent caught up.

  • If it gets an official TL I'll be happy that the manga im translating gets more coverage. tho I am unsure whether or not I should stop or just continue for the love of the game and practice haha. I do enjoy seeing the comments here

  • I do this stuff mainly as a hobby in my free time. Tho since I've been busy with life, I haven't been able to upload as frequently as I used to. Makes me kinda sad that I'm falling behind but it is what it is
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top