Ore dake Fuguu Skill no Isekai Shoukan Hangyakuki ~Saijaku Skill "Kyuushuu" ga Subete o Nomikomu made~ - Ch. 37 - Consideration

Dex-chan lover
Where are the chapters at then? This is a common thing. A series doesn't get updated for a while, somebody picks it up, then all of a sudden the original translator/scanlator pops up like "Hey, what gives, I was just about to release an update!" Cool story bro, release it then. Personally I like competition in the community. Look at Reaper and Asura, if you know them. They basically translate the exact same series. If one picks up a series, the other is almost guaranteed to pick it up too. Kinda hilarious really, but they both have loyal fan bases and they both release fast af, probably trying to out do the other.
Couldn't have said it better myself, nothing worse than folks crying about being 'sniped' when they've ignored the community for months about updates cough GDS cough

Group Leader
Lectonal thank you for choosing to stop. Honestly, I admire that you think and not get carried away by this readers coping too much and let it continue on because they just want quantity over quality. I might be the evil guy here for them from the way I say this but I prefer a much better quality than yours and the other guys TL.

Look people, what if this TL quality was used for One Piece, Dragon Balls and any other fan favorite manga, then you're all just disrespecting the Author's work. And regarding sniping, you're just using it to fit your narrative and excuse but the way it works between scangroups that's been a gentleman's rule is that

The current group scanlating the series must be given 3 to 6 months before taking over the series depending if the raws are released monthly or bi-monthly, except for weekly series. However this can all be ignored if the group actually informed that they would dropped the series themselves and therefore can other groups pick up the series.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
@Lectonal
In Manga / LN translation scene, there is an unwritten agreement :
If the raw updates are untranslated for 3 months and translator gives no update news, or the previous translator give update news but cannot promise new update within exact time in 6 months, then the translation status is considered as Dropped automatically.
Therefore, taking over the project without permission is not considered as Sniping.

So please continue, and you have rights for this. I still be able to read the English translation tho.

Double-page supporter
Lectonal thank you for choosing to stop. Honestly, I admire that you think and not get carried away by this readers coping too much and let it continue on because they just want quantity over quality. I might be the evil guy here for them from the way I say this but I prefer a much better quality than yours and the other guys TL.

Look people, what if this TL quality was used for One Piece, Dragon Balls and any other fan favorite manga, then you're all just disrespecting the Author's work. And regarding sniping, you're just using it to fit your narrative and excuse but the way it works between scangroups that's been a gentleman's rule is that

The current group scanlating the series must be given 3 to 6 months before taking over the series depending if the raws are released monthly or bi-monthly, except for weekly series. However this can all be ignored if the group actually informed that they would dropped the series themselves and therefore can other groups pick up the series.
I understand that most people would prefer a much more coherent translation than what I have produced. However, I must disagree with your point regarding "much loved manga". Although it would truly be a travesty for a translation of my level to be used for those manga, this specific manga is dwarfed in comparison, when it comes to popularity. As such, what would you say were the chances that a translator of the level capable to do One Piece justice, would stumble across it and decide to translate it?

I can understand the problems you have with my translation, as it is almost entirely MTL'd, and I first started TLing earlier today. However, please do not rebuke the previous TL with the same intent. Regardless of the 10 Month hiatus, they had still been translating the series, to the best of their ability - at a much higher quality than mine.

No disrespect meant.

Regards,
Lectonal.

Group Leader
I understand that most people would prefer a much more coherent translation than what I have produced. However, I must disagree with your point regarding "much loved manga". Although it would truly be a travesty for a translation of my level to be used for those manga, this specific manga is dwarfed in comparison, when it comes to popularity. As such, what would you say were the chances that a translator of the level capable to do One Piece justice, would stumble across it and decide to translate it?

I can understand the problems you have with my translation, as it is almost entirely MTL'd, and I first started TLing earlier today. However, please do not rebuke the previous TL with the same intent. Regardless of the 10 Month hiatus, they had still been translating the series, to the best of their ability - at a much higher quality than mine.

No disrespect meant.

Regards,
Lectonal.
I do understand what you meant and I'm not being mean towards you and the other party. I'm just not accepting of how people just accept bad quality just so they can coherently understand what was the manga saying even though some are not conveyed properly. Regarding the One Piece comparisons, I'm just making a situation of "would you accept if this happens to your beloved manga?" and I'm fine with you both continuing what you are doing (It might be contradicting to what I said earlier).

I just want to state my opinion that this situation has been happening alot in here because readers don't understand just how much important the quality to me is as a long time scanlator myself. It even happend to one of my favorite series where both the MTL guy stopped after a couple of chapters and the main group stopping themselves.

Group Leader
@Lectonal
In Manga / LN translation scene, there is an unwritten agreement :

So please continue, and you have rights for this. I still be able to read the English translation tho.
The other guy did state why he hasn't updated for a while and has uploaded a new chapter 2 days ago.

Dex-chan lover
Where are the chapters at then? This is a common thing. A series doesn't get updated for a while, somebody picks it up, then all of a sudden the original translator/scanlator pops up like "Hey, what gives, I was just about to release an update!" Cool story bro, release it then. Personally I like competition in the community. Look at Reaper and Asura, if you know them. They basically translate the exact same series. If one picks up a series, the other is almost guaranteed to pick it up too. Kinda hilarious really, but they both have loyal fan bases and they both release fast af, probably trying to out do the other.

If you feel like your work isn't good and don't want to continue, that's your prerogative. But don't let anybody, outside of a legit DMCA order, move you off doing something you want to do. If you enjoy the scanlating/translating process, have at it. This series was effectively dropped. Do as you see fit.

Edit: What's truly crazy about this, after checking the chapters, it seems Harufloyd sniped this from Snow_Snow unless they asked before hand. Which they might've. But if he/she didn't, how you gonna complain about sniping when you sniped the series yourself? Again, I dunno if that's the case, conversations may have been had behind closed doors. But if not, hilarious.
Except that it wasn't effectively dropped, last update was 2 days before these 2 so it wasn't Gourmet Scans "oops we forgot to update, hurrdurrdurr" and they even left an explanation in the release.
Get of your high horse and take a chill pill before you get an anerysm :p

Double-page supporter
The other guy did state why he hasn't updated for a while and has uploaded a new chapter 2 days ago.
I have contacted the previous TL (although, after the fact), and properly conveyed my apologies. they were fine with me uploading chapter 37, as I had already translated it.

however, they also stated in a comment in chapter 36, that they were planning to p̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶u̶p̶ carry on with the series, and retranslate my chapters. that is the highest quality translation you will be seeing for this manga, for the foreseeable future. if that is still not high enough, I suggest you translate it yourself.

Regards.

edit: semantics.

Last edited:
Group Leader
I have contacted the previous TL (although, after the fact), and properly conveyed my apologies. they were fine with me uploading chapter 37, as I had already translated it.

however, they also stated in a comment in chapter 36, that they were planning to pick up the series, and retranslate my chapters. that is the highest quality translation you will be seeing for this manga, for the foreseeable future. if that is still not high enough, I suggest you translate it yourself.

Regards.
Thank you for informing them and me about the situation, but I won't be translating it as my team is not much and smaller than it was before. People have work irl and so does other scan groups which is why some take some time to upload, and the same goes for the other party doing this series and my translator.

My group is now only set on oneshots and webcomic series that are easy and mostly 4-8 pages long where only having 1-2 translator is fine. We don't have enough staff capable of picking up a manga series with this long number of pages.

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
I understand the ideas you've put across, and I agree. However, if you check the comments on chapter 36, the previous TL (Harufloyd), has stated something along the lines of him picking the series back up soon, and re-translating my chapters. I have no problem with this, as the manga would be getting updated chapters - and their's are of a higher quality, anyway.

regardless, thanks for the support.

edit: I do not have anything remotely similar to a patreon, and am more than happy to upload for free.
To be honest I think he's only doing it so that you don't. He'll toss out a few TL's then go on hiatus again. Like some have said just keep going. Learning is about trial & error. You'll get better as time progresses.

Pleases take it into consideration at least to keep going after OT puts out his. If anything review it & take notes on how to improve 🙂

Double-page supporter
To be honest I think he's only doing it so that you don't. He'll toss out a few TL's then go on hiatus again. Like some have said just keep going. Learning is about trial & error. You'll get better as time progresses.

Pleases take it into consideration at least to keep going after OT puts out his. If anything review it & take notes on how to improve 🙂
if there is another long hiatus, i'd be happy to TL again. as long as you can put up with MTLs haha.

thanks for the kind words.

Fed-Kun's army
Except that it wasn't effectively dropped, last update was 2 days before these 2 so it wasn't Gourmet Scans "oops we forgot to update, hurrdurrdurr" and they even left an explanation in the release.
Get of your high horse and take a chill pill before you get an anerysm :p
I'm very chill, not mad in any way, and nowhere near an aneurysm. Why do people assume that any type of disagreement or different perception must also equate to rage of some sort? How about you get off your high horse and stop assuming your opinion is more valid than others. Or not. Do you.

And to be honest, I really don't care about sniping because all this shit is piracy at the end of the day. No group can claim ownership of something they don't actually own. So if hurrdurr, or whoever, had this shit up to date and Lectonal started releasing chapters I still wouldn't care. Maybe they're doing it to learn Japanese or maybe to work on editing/photoshop skills. Hell, maybe they just like the series. Doesn't really matter since neither of them have the legal right to release any of this shit so nobody has the actual right to complain. As a reader, I simply appreciate the work they put into the release.

Moreover, I hate monopolies. This is why I keep bringing up Asura and Reaper, I personally prefer Asura because of the style of their translations. But so what if Reaper translates the same series? If I liked how Reaper did their translations, I'd read theirs instead. Competition, as in any market, is good for business. It's only scanlators/translators that think monopolies are good. As far as I'm concerned, we need more people scanning the same shit, that way we get different translation styles and don't end up with 10 month long hiatuses in the first place. But scanlators/translators hate that viewpoint.

Thank you once again. @Lectonal
There are some improvements in this attempt compared to the first. If you were to ask me, this one “flowed” more naturally, in comparison to the first, which read much “stiffer” if that makes any sense.
Anyway, taking that first step/ attempt required guts and even if it didn’t work out like you hoped it would, that first step alone was a very big accomplishment.

Double-page supporter
Thank you once again. @Lectonal
There are some improvements in this attempt compared to the first. If you were to ask me, this one “flowed” more naturally, in comparison to the first, which read much “stiffer” if that makes any sense.
Anyway, taking that first step/ attempt required guts and even if it didn’t work out like you hoped it would, that first step alone was a very big accomplishment.
I'm very grateful for the constructive criticism haha. Glad you enjoyed it. Should be back to the previous TL shortly though.

Regards,
Lectonal

Dex-chan lover
I didnt check last comment since i was reading last chapter during work time (meeting boring lol), i dont see much of problem, ti is better than some typically shitty MTL, thank you for your translate
I respect your decision overall.

Dex-chan lover
soft, i'd have killed the jackass
I think the main thing is that the hero isn't worth killing. If anything it's to their advantage to keep him alive, because he is absolutely a detriment to the team he is on. He can be goaded into doing something stupid 10 times out of 10, he never has a good idea, he is so self centered that any plan that isn't his or perfectly accounts for him will fall apart, and he easily fractures any unity a group that doesn't revolve around him has.

Dex-chan lover
Akane is likely the smartest among them, she knows to see the big picture and read into people (even without the skill).
Even though she lack leadership people would follow, she's really good as advisor if the empire would allow her to take part in making decisions.

Well, switching to Yuuto's side would allow her to move more freely to try and change the flow.
Staying with the other heroes would mean her movement is restricted, and she can't openly speak up because it could be against the empire's interest. At least Yuuto and Melia would be more willing to hear what idea she has.

Minase is probably better staying, she can do more with the heroes for now. Her position as healer still gives her importance, and the other two girls who are stronger than Miyamoto aren't the type to speak out until they think it's really necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread