Ore no Genjitsu wa Ren’ai Game??: ka to Omottara Inochigake no Game datta

Aggregator gang
everyone giving leeway to the mc because he used "eroge logic" but cant deny that the dude first action was trespassing and rape.

Fed-Kun's army
wonder if there's an uncensored version of this manga?
I want to reread this without the black bars of death.
If anyone knows, please do inform me🙂

Aggregator gang
@zeroxjac: That's the point of the "leeway." It's not "forgiveness," it's "understanding where he was coming from" which was that he was in a game and that poor terminology, Assault, led him that direction. It was beyond fucked up, sure, but putting aside the fact that this is how the game was laid out for him ("don't hate the player, hate the game." Seriously who designed this???),
the woman turned out to be a psychotic killer anyway, so one could argue she was getting karma. Even if that's not the case, the MC has shown to not be a complete idiot. Once he realized this wasn't a dating sim game and that it was a death game, he changed tactics completely and is even careful with his interactions with other women. After all, he had plenty of opportunities to repeat Chapter 1 again, but didn't.

Truth be told, if Chapter 1 is all that it takes to judge the rest of the manga for you, you're most likely not enjoying yourself and should probably drop. Not being a prick when I say this, just hoping to save some forced reading for people. A rule I use with manga is the 3 strike rule. If the first three chapters suck, drop. By that time, the story is established and the characters are developed enough to make a proper conclusion. Chapter 1...eh, personally opinion that's still "Don't judge a book by its cover" level of reaching a conclusion. This is just my personal opinion, so take it with a grain of salt. Again, just trying to help out.

Contributor
@TwilightFaze

Well, thank you for defending this manga.
I'm glad to see that, i was tired of people judging it only because of the first chapter.

Aggregator gang
@TwilightFaze i never said the manga was bad, just pointing how some were defending the MC decision to rape a girl
even when she was a psyco he didnt knew at the moment and didnt know his life was in danger so it was all his own will attributing game logic"
, up until now aside for the first and maybe the second chapter it is turning out to be quite interesting, but that doesnt change the fact that MC is shit for his actions at the beginning.

also wasn't the term assault changed for subjugation? dont really know witch is the correct one.

Aggregator gang
@zeroxjac: Sorry, didn't meant to tag you. Your leeway statement was a great example and felt it should have been expanded on. The statement was actually meant in the general sense, but...yeah, I tagged you out of habit. Again, sorry for that confusion. :/

But yeah, it was a shit decision. No one's saying otherwise. Just saying that INITIALLY (and I can't stress that enough) the MC thought it was an eroge. If you've played any, you'll find some games have that as an option and you can still win points towards the girl. Fucked up? Dear god, absolutely! Again, blame the system, not the player. The argument is that fantasy rape is not the same as real rape. Obviously this is extremely controversial and we could talk about this for months, but I think we can all agree that this was a very VERY poor decision.

And yeah, it was changed to "subjugation" due to a translation error. But I don't think this makes any difference. Going back to the beginning where the MC thinks this was an eroge and was told to "subjugate" her instead of "assault" her, it still would have gone in that direction.

The way this series began was awful, and I absolutely hate the author for doing that. If you can get past the first chapter, the series is actually pretty interesting. I read the web novel and at least for me, there hasn't been another cringe moment in the whole series besides the beginning.

I personally enjoy it, but I don't blame anyone for dropping it instantly. For those that made it to chapter 3 then I don't recall anything else in the series that is really objectionable.

Yeah the author definitely tried to stir some controversy in the first chapter, this manga is actually ok though. Dumb but i enjoyed my time reading it.

The manga doesn't encourage rape, nor does it make it seem acceptable. The first chapter was fine imo, and the rest of the manga is good too.

Dex-chan lover
why do i feel like there's massive plot twist dangling around.. i already saw some couple of clues.. but leading to where tho?
kek.. anyway this manga is surprisingly good.. 😁

this series is so good wtf ;^; omg wish the webnovel was completely translated :/

Aggregator gang
Honestly, if you can get past the first chapter it is a pretty decent read. The character is very different to what you might think from the first chapter. Blame the author.

Protagonist is a scumbag, but it’s balanced out by the plot. Finally something sort of interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread