Orenchi ni Kita Onna Kishi to Inakagurashi Surukotoninatta Ken

Supporter
This is just a simple fun comic drawn by a Japanese author, you seriously can’t expect them to deal with it like an International relations major.

Fed-Kun's army
> ofc an otherworlder knight acts like a japanese.

Does she? I didn't really notice that.

Dex-chan lover
@dezzot

This is neither fun nor simple, author threw that out the window after around 20ish chapters

Most people who read this wasnt looking for such random heavy drama in a SoL titled manga

Aggregator gang
Is the Author really going to stall this manga for 20+ more chapter and make sure this thing got axed?

Fed-Kun's army
is this going for a tragic ending? ... I think this is going for a tragic ending.

I'm surprised the demographic for this is listed as Shounen. This is more of a Seinen manga than most Seinen manga. There's pacing, foreshadowing, character development, and levity in the midst of a fairly serious story.

Action and Adventure tags are missing from this story for a reason. Not every story needs to have an action sequence in every other chapter. The sections that seem to drag are developing the characters and adding tension for what I hope is a payoff in the coming chapters.

I'll agree that Slice of Life might not be the best description of this. Most SoLs are an MC living a slow life without any adversity. This is characters trying to live a slow life, but adversity manages to follow them.

I stopped before the drama started. I decided to wait until it was over to start it up again and by the looks of it in here, it hasn't. should I drop it? do I have to save myself?

@Lepper

Actually, there is nearly or no character development in typical Seinen manga. The main character in the beginning is always the same as the one in the end, he might take up a new skill or hobby, develop some muscles, but his character doesn't change.

In contrast, Shounen always has character development, they learn, alter or overcome their weaknesses and increase their strengths, their character traits change drastically compared to the beginning.

This is why most Seinen stories are boring,repetitive and sometimes even not conclusive, making their ending unsatisfying for most men.

Now, for this story, it has a Shounen part in the other dimension/planet where Chris comes from, and a Seinen part on earth, clashing both genres harshly.
But the reason why it is listed is Shounen is simply because it is released in a Shounen Magazine (Manga Box)

Aggregator gang
story can be good but it drags out for so loooooong
which happens to 90%manga/anime/LN

Fed-Kun's army
> I stopped before the drama started. I decided to wait until it was over to start it up again and by the looks of it in here, it hasn't. should I drop it? do I have to save myself?

Latest chapter (#46) is heavy on drama and trauma, and it ends on cliffhanger in middle of conversation. If you don't like drama, suspense, and "continues in next chapter", you might not want to read this just yet.

Dex-chan lover
Disagreement for a chapter name is an under statement. Leads to only one thing: A closer bond between the two.
If you are confused read the chapter again before commenting. If you go back a dozen chapters you can see the bond getting better.

So what level of insult was that? I've seen "shitty <object>" used a number of times in manga, usually towards children -- "shitty brat" for example. Is there anything we can compare it to in English?

Users who are viewing this thread