Osananajimi ga Hisabisa ni Saikai Shitara Otagai Kyonyuu ni Natteta - Ch. 4

Dex-chan lover
@DrPavel So true it hurts. I agree with both sides here in part, but the way the points are made makes me want to slap everyone upside the head and disagree on principle.

...Oh, god, I'm one of those autists, aren't I?

I don't really get what the are autist and fitizen thing you are saying about at all, not a member of the internet chatting group. Are those scientific terms for something?

@Lucrecia
I'm a woman, I've only read this chapter, I'm not interested in reading the rest.

And you keep missing the focal point of the situation... this guy, the childhood friend (so, technically a person close to her and she trusts, not a complete stranger), went to see the girl IN HER DAMN HOUSE, and she let him in because she obviously trusts him. They weren't seen in the middle of a forecourt at night, in the park or in a dark alley. She's not the one who went looking for him, showing off who knows what kind of provocative attitude. He went into her house, saw her in a Tank top and shorts - which is very normal clothing, I would say - he got the bone to fly because she is beautiful and shapely, end of story.

But since to the reader's eyes it would have seemed only a filthy pig unable to keep it in his pants, the philharmony started on the fact that "the world is ugly, you're too defenseless, i says it to protect you"

Protecting her a big bullsh*t, is just a way to lighten his conscience by blaming the girl with an "oh, I told you that if you dress like that you risk provoking me. Then don't complain if I get my hands on you and r*pe you at some point, eh? "
I've always heard that if you walk on the highway, don't get surprised if you get hit by a truck. I love how women like to think they have no responsibility at all on a lot of things, but sorry to burst your bubble, if you are an adult you are almost always at least 49% the cause of what happens to you. If you were smart and able to have more foresight into what might happen, they the likely hood of bad things happening to you drop dramatically. She didn't walk into a dark alley or onto a highway, but she did let a person she hasn't seen in a very long time into her house, people can change with time, and bad things could happen to said people to change them completely. She could have easily trusted him a 4 year old way back then, but he could easily be a very different person as an adult, and it's foolish to just trust him like that so easily.

This is not victim blaming, this is common sense, and I'm tired of women getting off easy pretending like no one should expect them to have any.

TLDR;
We are all a victim of our own choices in life. Be more mindful of your own actions and the actions of others, and bad things are much less likely to happen.

Double-page supporter
"victim blaming", that'd only be bad if we lived in a utopia where all bad things are random extraordinary events

@pensive_wolf

No dude. The ML was totally in the wrong and so are you. You are definitely victim blaming. You sound like an incel. Stop it. People can dress how they want. It's YOUR CHOICE how you respond to others.

It would be perfectly logical for her to be trusting of him since they were such close friends.
Had he done something to her that would be HIS FAULT for BETRAYING her trust.

This is why we don't (or aren't supposed to) blame victims of sexual assult for being assulted.

Banned
@Kathami sadly in japan its not that much, ive seen RL cases of molesters putting the blame on girls for dressing lightly, and the worse part is that it kinda worked, like they got reduced sentences coz they put some of the blame on the victim, coz apparently laws are that dumb in that regard.
on one hand, the molester is at fault for not being able to control themself, on the other hand, you should wear modest clothes when going outside.

Dex-chan lover
Man, there's a lot of idiocy in this thread. Shun may not have been victim-blaming, but he was 100% trying to police what Nana wears in her fucking house. And then when she pushed back, he tried to guilt trip her by talking about people close to her "worrying" about her.

Is Shun a bad guy? I don't know, but the thought he had about "re-educating" her with his body and then trying to police what she wears at home certainly seems like some manipulative asshole-type shit.

Banned
on one hand, the molester is at fault for not being able to control themself, on the other hand, you should wear modest clothes when going outside.
you know what they say, when in Rome do what Romans do. I see plenty people say covering up more wouldn't help, that's because it's just a prevention method, it's not definite and won't protect you if the offender is hell-bent on attacking you, that's why you should also prepare a self-defense measure. In the end, these are still just advices, no one can control what you wear except yourself. If you still don't see my point, might as well just stay home.

Last edited:
Banned
Man, there's a lot of idiocy in this thread. Shun may not have been victim-blaming, but he was 100% trying to police what Nana wears in her fucking house. And then when she pushed back, he tried to guilt trip her by talking about people close to her "worrying" about her.

Is Shun a bad guy? I don't know, but the thought he had about "re-educating" her with his body and then trying to police what she wears at home certainly seems like some manipulative asshole-type shit.
about Shun trying to police what she wears and how she acts, he's jealous at the thought she might greet other men like that and said other men might jump her when she's being so careless and no one's around to help. You say he's a manipulative asshole yet he still backs down once he listens to her. You sound like a feminist. In a relationship, sometimes being compatible is about accommodating the other person and being understanding. Both should be willing to compromise else it'll just not work out. Also how tf did you even come up with the thought that he was "victim blaming"?

Edit: oh turns out you just took that term from one of the above comments, you can't formulate your own thoughts. Even in your own comments you're scared to make an absolute statement. Hell no one could care less if you're strangers.

Last edited:
Banned
@pensive_wolf

No dude. The ML was totally in the wrong and so are you. You are definitely victim blaming. You sound like an incel. Stop it.
And who are you to police their opinion?
People can dress how they want. It's YOUR CHOICE how you respond to others.

It would be perfectly logical for her to be trusting of him since they were such close friends.

Had he done something to her that would be HIS FAULT for BETRAYING her trust.

This is why we don't (or aren't supposed to) blame victims of sexual assult for being assulted.
Yeah sure I agree with this but the first statement already ousted you as a moron who only knows to regurgitate buzzwords without putting a second thought into it.

Users who are viewing this thread