Osananajimi ga Hisabisa ni Saikai Shitara Otagai Kyonyuu ni Natteta

@meenieg I guess, but if my friend was juggling chainsaws, I'd tell them to think about their safety. Not to mention Japan's rate of sex crimes is enormous.

@Kujo_Dolphiro Juggling chainsaws is in no way comparable to distrusting peoples ability to dress themselves because of their gentiles. Sexual assault is not correlated with how the victim dresses. It is not the victims fault.

Now, if my friend was juggling chainsaws I wouldn't say anything. I'd be afraid it would distract them. When they finished I'd be all like "SHIT! you are great at juggling! but why are you juggling chainsaws in my house? I don't want Covid, please go home" or I'd be calling 911 lol

Dex-chan lover
@meenieg To my understanding too, purely clothing isn't at all important to the rate of victimization to severe sex crimes (but no stats or studies at hand, so take with a grain of salt.)

But while I agree on the dressing part, fault was never questioned there. I'd go so far as to say that in crime prevention it's most often irrelevant. You're not at fault if you get burglarized and it is common knowledge that burglary is wrong, but you're still at a great difficulty in trying to find a house without locks. Crime happens; people are shit. You still have to consider prevention, despite how faultless you fashion yourself on the spot.
Edit: typo

@Qwormuli how people dress does not affect the likelihood of them being sexually assaulted. This isn't like suggesting you lock your doors at all times, which by the way is not something much of Canada doesn't feels the need to do, Its more like suggesting someone remove all the windows from their home. You know cause they're both nonsensical and won't stop any crimes.

Dex-chan lover
@meenieg As I think I very clearly said, I agree with that part? That window analogy is purely weird and I don't know what to make of it, but otherwise you a preaching to the choir?

Users who are viewing this thread