[Oshi no Ko] - Ch. 122 - SENSEI

Dex-chan lover
Forget the Alabama thing. Now I want those two, back in their own body or another body. At least they not considered as Hoshino. I have a bad feeling if those 2 dated as Hoshino. Or maybe Aqua dated with Kana or Akane? Nobody knows how this Apex player dude lines the story.

This is the beginning of the path that will lead Ruby and Aqua to have white stars in both eyes.

And I believe that Ruby sees Aqua as her brother.
She only said that because she was mad at him for revealing Ai's secret and psychologically shaken due to Sarina's mother's situation.
Now that she knows who Aqua was, her anger towards him will pass and the relationship should go back to what it was in the beginning.
Just like Aqua's thirst for revenge should subside a bit.
My theory is that the movie is going to be a hit and that it's going to corner the dad. Who will then kidnap Kana, Akane or Ruby to lure Aqua.
I don't believe the author is going to kill any of the characters above, as that would definitely break Aqua irreparably which would lead the manga to a super tragic ending, and I don't believe that's the way he's going.

Dex-chan lover
is ruby going to die soon?
Based on the previews shown in the early chapters i think there is gonna be only one Major protagonist death and its not Ruby.

Although i wish Hikaru would also die along with that person's death.

Dex-chan lover
Although Ruby is as fucked up in her mind as Aqua, she should understand where Aqua is coming from.

Even if he is not sensei, she should understand how he is basically more suicidal than she is at this point. She can be a real immature child most of the time.

So it finally happened, pretty much as everybody expected... Logically speaking it took way too long, but I guess thematically this is something the authors planned from the very beginning for sure.

It's quite ironic that Aqua can tell Ruby to not be blinded by the revenge without any hesitation, while he himself is knees deep in it seemingly without any self-introspection whatsoever. Ruby must also tell Aqua the same!

(Or maybe it will indeed develop into the ending that I expected from the beginning of the story, i.e. Aqua completes his revenge tragedy and dies but Ruby gets her salvation. Sigh.)

Dex-chan lover
Author-san trying to write some emotionally gripping reveal, sees his fans rejoicing with, "Wincest! Sweet Home Alabama! Ruby/Aqua bring it!", and that's how we gonna end up with a double-suicide downer ending, reminiscent of Prison School's no-wet-T-Shirt ending, for which I am still bitter all these many years later.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm so glad we got the reveal!! I was legit scared Aqua would just... walk away!

Dex-chan lover
It makes sense that Aqua would hide his past identity after Ai died and he started down his dark path of revenge, but prior to that it makes no sense that neither of them ever discussed anything about their past lives. They literally spent years only able to have real conversations with each other but, apparently, they somehow managed avoided ever talking about hospitals, cancer, doctors, etc.

I initially saw that as this story's biggest flaw but accepted it as a sort of artistic flair that would never be acknowledged like a reverse Chekhov's gun, so I have some really mixed feelings about this chapter. It either should have happened way way earlier or not at all/not until the end (wait... what if the story is ending. That'd be funny)
It actually makes sense to me that they never talked about it as babies. They were four when Ai died, and neither of them really wanted to think about their past lives and regrets. Ruby/Sarina had a pretty miserable life in the hospital and a lot of unresolved trauma (as shown by her reaction to seeing her original mom), so it's natural she wouldn't want to talk about all that immediately. She embraced the fact she got a second chance with her idol, and seemed to be trying to ignore her past life as a coping mechanism.

While Aqua/Gorou had a happier life, he also strikes me as more reserved in general. And then he got murdered while tending to Ai as her doctor. So bringing up either of those facts out of the blue would probably feel weird to him. That, and he probably didn't want to think too much on how he was mentally older than his new mom.

Also, it's actually really easy to avoid talking about hospitals, cancer and doctors when they don't play a significant part in your current life. I doubt a routine checkup would be enough to get them to fall into a deep state of reflection and start unloading their traumatic pasts.

If it wasn't for the murder, I think they probably would've talked about their pasts around the time they started school. It's a neutral topic to reminisce over, and it's the earliest natural opportunity for Aqua to mention he was a doctor through a comment about going to med school ("this will probably be pretty boring after med school").

Users who are viewing this thread