[Oshi no Ko] - Ch. 122 - SENSEI

Dex-chan lover
I've never been rooting for the wincest route in this Manga (or even for ruby), but after than one line about not being related, that panel showing ruby's feet stepping closer, and those last two panels of her crying against aqua's chest ... If this played out IRL in the next page they'd be making out hard or straight up fucking like rabbits. It's the vibe this chapter gave me lol

Fed-Kun's army
I've never been rooting for the wincest route in this Manga (or even for ruby), but after than one line about not being related, that panel showing ruby's feet stepping closer, and those last two panels of her crying against aqua's chest ... If this played out IRL in the next page they'd be making out hard or straight up fucking like rabbits. It's the vibe this chapter gave me lol
BRO WHAT?!

Fed-Kun's army
So it finally happened, pretty much as everybody expected... Logically speaking it took way too long, but I guess thematically this is something the authors planned from the very beginning for sure.

It's quite ironic that Aqua can tell Ruby to not be blinded by the revenge without any hesitation, while he himself is knees deep in it seemingly without any self-introspection whatsoever. Ruby must also tell Aqua the same!

(Or maybe it will indeed develop into the ending that I expected from the beginning of the story, i.e. Aqua completes his revenge tragedy and dies but Ruby gets her salvation. Sigh.)
Since the beginning Aqua was already assertive he'd resume he's revenge and died right after it! He was already ready to die right before he realized his father was the culprit! What kept him alive was the revenge from start! But he said at the time that Ruby was a pure-hearted girl who could bounce back from Ai's death and had a good life! Specially now that he knows Ruby is Sarina. Aqua only had a brief time when he thought his father was already dead and that he could live a normal life! Now, he knows what to do and again, he wants to do it alone!

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Holy shit. I thought for sure it wasn't going to be revealed this early. But it was.

I honestly wanted it to be more drawn-out and emotional than this. Just one chapter, with her leaping into his arms at the end as a sort of non-verbal resolution is a little... hmm. But at least the tone is exactly what I hoped for.

I had assumed the crow girl was somehow manipulating things in such a way that they'd conveniently never realize each other's identities until Ruby had gone in deep on revenge. But looks like I was seeing a trope where there was none. Now it feels like the way has been cleared for us to see the version of Ruby who gets along with Aqua that we saw in the flash-forward.

To those discussing it: IMO, there's no way Akasaka will actually go down a romantic "route" with Ruby because he's already established eventual romance with Kana or possibly Akane. I'd love to see Ruby start to act like an extremely clingy sister / foster daughter to Aqua, though. I'd feel deeply satisfied seeing that, as well as seeing Aqua looking uncomfortable but also maybe reluctant to push her away forcefully since he knows she's Serina, as well as other people looking on and misunderstanding it as incest... that'd be cute and hilarious. Well, we'll have to see what Akasaka feels like.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It's quite ironic that Aqua can tell Ruby to not be blinded by the revenge without any hesitation, while he himself is knees deep in it seemingly without any self-introspection whatsoever. Ruby must also tell Aqua the same!
I disagree a bit. As the saying goes, it takes one to know one. Aqua can unironically tell Ruby to not be blinded by revenge, because he understands himself. The difference is, that Ruby has something to live for, a deeply held dream to pursue. Aqua does not, and has a poor view of himself(which in part comes from selfrecognition of how crappy a person he can be, with his manipulation of others for the goal)(if you view yourself as a crappy person, you may have no qualms about bringing yourself down to take out a horrible person)

You can see the pieces of self loathing when his facade is dropped, as he pursues revenge. He doesn't see himself as worthy of something more. And he has been on this path for a decade+ where Ruby only recently took the detour after going her original path.

It would be ironic if he told her that while being ignorant of it himself. But I think he knows exactly what he is doing, and is completely self aware.

His only dream is revenge, and he intends to accomplish it no matter the cost to himself. Taking it all on by himself. Take out the bad guy, and have his stain of existence wiped out, leaving Ruby to have a happy and carefree life without him dragging her down.

That doesn't make him right, or having considered the whole picture well(would Ruby really go live her happy idol life losing her mother and brother dead or imprisoned? Probably not)(Also he forgot Ai's wishes for his life)

But that is where this is the turning point. Where Ruby may get her light back. Where she is reminded of her original dream, and has a second purpose now that she knows Aquas identity. She wants to bring smiles to him as well.

And thus while the Aqua revenge plan is well underway, the save Aqua plan begins.

There are a couple of ways this could end, among them would be helping Aqua find his light. Come to truly realize and accept he enjoys being an actor, feelings he buried for revenge. Of course there are some wild cards like Sarinas mother in play. And it could easily go more dark for a more tragic end.

While I can appreciate a sad ending to stories, or bittersweet ones, I certainly prefer happy endings. Hopefully this ends that way.

Dex-chan lover
a0nofl13nu8b1.jpg

Dex-chan lover
It makes sense that Aqua would hide his past identity after Ai died and he started down his dark path of revenge, but prior to that it makes no sense that neither of them ever discussed anything about their past lives. They literally spent years only able to have real conversations with each other but, apparently, they somehow managed avoided ever talking about hospitals, cancer, doctors, etc.

I initially saw that as this story's biggest flaw but accepted it as a sort of artistic flair that would never be acknowledged like a reverse Chekhov's gun, so I have some really mixed feelings about this chapter. It either should have happened way way earlier or not at all/not until the end (wait... what if the story is ending. That'd be funny)

So did you just conveniently forget the part where Aqua asks Ruby who she was in the past and Ruby (in an attempt to not be "outdone" because she didn't want to be viewed as a kid) just told him "I was a grown-up refined lady" or something to that effect. Then Aqua just went, "Huh, okay I guess it doesn't really matter was just curious" and they moved on with their lives because it really didn't matter since neither of them could imagine that their pasts would come back to haunt them.

Dex-chan lover
The Big Reveal! I haven't really been paying much attention these past chapters so I can't say if the build up to it was good, but the impact was not lost.

Flabbergasted I am when I read the words "Sarina-chan" on mangaplus. I popped off so hard that my mom told me to quiet down from another room.

I don't believe Akasaka is going to head down south with this relationship, (although maybe he'll have Ruby try to do so and fail), but a good revelation nonetheless!

Screenshot-1177.png

Users who are viewing this thread