[Oshi no Ko] - Ch. 122 - SENSEI

Dex-chan lover
OH NOOOOO, I CAN HEAR THE BANJO IN MY HEAD!!!

Incest joke aside I wonder why this took 100+ chapter to be realized.. And this could be death flag for one or maybe both of them.. Serina x Goro ship is the one who is actually the best type of couple in this series with no manipulation at all and pure geniune feelings that come from their heart.. I always tought I wonder why Akasaka make them reincarnated as twins tough.. It's kinda weird..

I know he already write story that cover Extortion, Corruption, Normal and Cyber Bullying, Underage Pregnancy,Pedophilia, Idol scandal, and even serial killings problems.. I guess he is not stopping to cover Incest next..

Or he just gonna skip it and make both of them dead and reunite them later on but not as sibling.. And in the epilogue it's revealed that this whole story is actually told by their next reincarnation about when they are The Child of Idol in the form of manga titled Oshi no ko..

Dex-chan lover
It makes sense that Aqua would hide his past identity after Ai died and he started down his dark path of revenge, but prior to that it makes no sense that neither of them ever discussed anything about their past lives. They literally spent years only able to have real conversations with each other but, apparently, they somehow managed avoided ever talking about hospitals, cancer, doctors, etc.

I initially saw that as this story's biggest flaw but accepted it as a sort of artistic flair that would never be acknowledged like a reverse Chekhov's gun, so I have some really mixed feelings about this chapter. It either should have happened way way earlier or not at all/not until the end (wait... what if the story is ending. That'd be funny)
Aka's worldbuilding is inconsistent, as always.

Dex-chan lover
Me: Worried the Author will find some reason to keep it secret.

Author: Iee Nakama, I got you.

Now I'm curious how they gonna deal with the love factor.... like they just said "I won't treat you like blood related."... and then that reveal... kinda feels like foreshadowing ngl.

Me: "Is this Oreimo?" insert Is this pigeon meme

I disagree a bit. As the saying goes, it takes one to know one. Aqua can unironically tell Ruby to not be blinded by revenge, because he understands himself. The difference is, that Ruby has something to live for, a deeply held dream to pursue. Aqua does not, and has a poor view of himself(which in part comes from selfrecognition of how crappy a person he can be, with his manipulation of others for the goal)(if you view yourself as a crappy person, you may have no qualms about bringing yourself down to take out a horrible person)

You can see the pieces of self loathing when his facade is dropped, as he pursues revenge. He doesn't see himself as worthy of something more. And he has been on this path for a decade+ where Ruby only recently took the detour after going her original path.

It would be ironic if he told her that while being ignorant of it himself. But I think he knows exactly what he is doing, and is completely self aware.

His only dream is revenge, and he intends to accomplish it no matter the cost to himself. Taking it all on by himself. Take out the bad guy, and have his stain of existence wiped out, leaving Ruby to have a happy and carefree life without him dragging her down.

That doesn't make him right, or having considered the whole picture well(would Ruby really go live her happy idol life losing her mother and brother dead or imprisoned? Probably not)(Also he forgot Ai's wishes for his life)

But that is where this is the turning point. Where Ruby may get her light back. Where she is reminded of her original dream, and has a second purpose now that she knows Aquas identity. She wants to bring smiles to him as well.

And thus while the Aqua revenge plan is well underway, the save Aqua plan begins.

There are a couple of ways this could end, among them would be helping Aqua find his light. Come to truly realize and accept he enjoys being an actor, feelings he buried for revenge. Of course there are some wild cards like Sarinas mother in play. And it could easily go more dark for a more tragic end.

While I can appreciate a sad ending to stories, or bittersweet ones, I certainly prefer happy endings. Hopefully this ends that way.
Very true. It can be interpreted that in Aqua's mind he will be the one to take it all on by himself, and no others should do it. So him saying this is consistent with his self-image. Though as you also pointed out, the irony comes when the others take a look at him in turn, i.e. why wouldn't Ruby and all the other characters want the same for him, to want him to also be happy? If we want a happy ending, he will have to realize this.

Personally I don't want Aka to chicken out here and write a mainstream happy ending... The only god-tier stories for me are 鬱げ, not even 泣きげ (also Hamlet is eternal exactly because of its tragic elements), but this is just my personal taste. With how popular OnK is, at most it will be a somewhat bittersweet ending I'd imagine. Looking forward to seeing how he strikes the balance!

Dex-chan lover
All I can say is FINALLY. Did you all see how her eyes began to shine when she realize it was Goro? Once again, the way the chapter is amazingly executed. The happiness that Ruby/Sarina lost was found once again thanks to Aqua/Goro realizing who she was.

Dex-chan lover
It felt like forever since the last chapter!

The face of Ruby when she asks "Why are you crying?" is just the cutest.

BTW, in the last panel the star faded from Ruby's eye. I don't think that was an error from the artist. It must mean that revenge is starting to wane in Ruby's heart. It falls in line with the flash-forward on the first chapter. Really, a lot happened on this chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Oh hey that went exactly as I predicted in the last chapter, now let's just hope that akasaka doesn't end up writing incest (to be fair now that the cat is out of the bag ruby's survival rate dropped a fair bit)
did Ruby even show up in the flash forward interviews?

357360730_976061643516972_3604490337491167099_n.png

Dex-chan lover
OH NOOOOO, I CAN HEAR THE BANJO IN MY HEAD!!!

Incest joke aside I wonder why this took 100+ chapter to be realized.. And this could be death flag for one or maybe both of them.. Serina x Goro ship is the one who is actually the best type of couple in this series with no manipulation at all and pure geniune feelings that come from their heart.. I always tought I wonder why Akasaka make them reincarnated as twins tough.. It's kinda weird..

I know he already write story that cover Extortion, Corruption, Normal and Cyber Bullying, Underage Pregnancy,Pedophilia, Idol scandal, and even serial killings problems.. I guess he is not stopping to cover Incest next..

Or he just gonna skip it and make both of them dead and reunite them later on but not as sibling.. And in the epilogue it's revealed that this whole story is actually told by their next reincarnation about when they are The Child of Idol in the form of manga titled Oshi no ko..
Kana be dead next time. Kana is EF'in right about Aqua a siscon.

Dex-chan lover
I've never been rooting for the wincest route in this Manga (or even for ruby), but after than one line about not being related, that panel showing ruby's feet stepping closer, and those last two panels of her crying against aqua's chest ... If this played out IRL in the next page they'd be making out hard or straight up fucking like rabbits. It's the vibe this chapter gave me lol
SWEET HOME ALABAMA!!! seeeggs is imminent.

Users who are viewing this thread