Oshi to no Yuri wa Arienai! - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Does Kenzaki Kaoru Dream of Powerful Class Presidents?

Dex-chan lover
Perhaps the "antialiashing" issue comes from having really huge pages and then resizing and causing issues with the lines... happens when I try to read some doujins or manga and the scan decides to upload 3500x6000 png and since I don't have an 8k screen, I have to zoom out and it looks really bad, specially things like screentones and vectors

Group Leader
Perhaps the "antialiashing" issue comes from having really huge pages and then resizing and causing issues with the lines... happens when I try to read some doujins or manga and the scan decides to upload 3500x6000 png and since I don't have an 8k screen, I have to zoom out and it looks really bad, specially things like screentones and vectors
They were just uploaded this way, it's very odd. You can tell that it's compromised the art a little bit here and there. The thing is, the screen tones are wholly intact. So it's not like it was just a resampling error at the very end. Again, a few SFX in the earlier pages are also without anti-aliasing. So it was something that happened halfway through putting together the pages.

Notably, however, the white stroke that the author uses on text was anti-aliased while the text itself was not. A raster image program like CSP or PS can't do strokes without anti-aliasing, while text layers themselves can be. This led to a few pixels here and there around text being grey, while the rest of the pages where entirely binary on pure black or pure white.

To me, my running theory was that, somehow, after doing the linework but before doing the screen toning and text layers, the author managed to irreversibly remove all anti-aliasing from the art. This can be done by resizing with the wrong resampling method. Feels like an error in the process and, rather than redoing parts of it, they just ran with it. I could very well be wrong, but that's what I think.

Everything is back to normal next chapter, though.

Double-page supporter
They were just uploaded this way, it's very odd. You can tell that it's compromised the art a little bit here and there. The thing is, the screen tones are wholly intact. So it's not like it was just a resampling error at the very end. Again, a few SFX in the earlier pages are also without anti-aliasing. So it was something that happened halfway through putting together the pages.

Notably, however, the white stroke that the author uses on text was anti-aliased while the text itself was not. A raster image program like CSP or PS can't do strokes without anti-aliasing, while text layers themselves can be. This led to a few pixels here and there around text being grey, while the rest of the pages where entirely binary on pure black or pure white.

To me, my running theory was that, somehow, after doing the linework but before doing the screen toning and text layers, the author managed to irreversibly remove all anti-aliasing from the art. This can be done by resizing with the wrong resampling method. Feels like an error in the process and, rather than redoing parts of it, they just ran with it. I could very well be wrong, but that's what I think.

Everything is back to normal next chapter, though.
It adds to the unhinged feeling of the story so I will appreciate it for the artistic value, however be it unintentional or not.

Dex-chan lover
How I feel reading this manga
jontron-stroken-out.gif

Aggregator gang
Hopefully someone answers the call to help translate this one, it's one of the Yuri I look forward to the most.

Dex-chan lover
I've never seen something so much on the borderline of terrible and hilarious.

Dex-chan lover
This better end with them cooking meth, getting caught and doing 20 to life.

Users who are viewing this thread